• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Guzman

So, after having a discussion with my friends about Dynamaxing, I realized the "Dynamax ball" looks incredibly similar to a ball I've seen in the manga before.

This ball was a dark colored ball with some kind of ancient design or runes on it, and was used by Ash/Red to capture a gigantic Gengar that had markings on its body.

The problem is, I'm pretty sure this wasn't the Black Fog, and its unrelated to the Pokepolis episode of the anime. I was almost certain it was from the Pikachu Special manga by Viz, but I couldn't find anything about that, either.

Was this ancient Gengar just a night terror, or does anybody else remember this? It's really been bothering me.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Black Fog's the only thing that sounds remotely like that, and it's not a Gengar.

Unless there's an early manga I'm not aware of, it sounds like something you dreamed. Unless it was a fan work.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
So, after having a discussion with my friends about Dynamaxing, I realized the "Dynamax ball" looks incredibly similar to a ball I've seen in the manga before.

This ball was a dark colored ball with some kind of ancient design or runes on it, and was used by Ash/Red to capture a gigantic Gengar that had markings on its body.

The problem is, I'm pretty sure this wasn't the Black Fog, and its unrelated to the Pokepolis episode of the anime. I was almost certain it was from the Pikachu Special manga by Viz, but I couldn't find anything about that, either.

Was this ancient Gengar just a night terror, or does anybody else remember this? It's really been bothering me.
As soon as you said a giant Gengar on stripes, that easily has to be the one from the anime... however you claim that it's not from the anime and I've came to a conclusion what you may or may not saw. You must've saw an manga that adapted the Pokemopolis episode however that's also kind of a problem as the Bulbapedia database doesn't list any such appearances under Gengar's profile. Although it could be something they missed, not the first time I found some errors on their site. What can you tell us about this manga, perhaps that will narrow things down?