1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient Mew card

Discussion in 'Pokémon TCG Discussion' started by Macromind101, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Macromind101

Macromind101 Well-Known Member

Hey, I have a couple questions about the coveted Ancient Mew card. First, I used to have one. I found a wrinkled one lying on the ground at school so I just took it home. However, I had NO idea how rare and valuable it was since I was never into TCG and I didn't take good care of it. And so now I lost it and it may or may not be at my house. So I decided to order another one on ebay. So my question is, is there a difference between one Mew card and another? Is there something to the Mew cards that make one version different than another like original vs. promo? For a card this rare, would it seem suspicious that I could find one for sale online for just five bucks?

2. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

There were 4 different version of Ancient Mew given out.

1st: Japanese version. Had very small foil dots and had the copright written as "Nintedo" instead of "Nintendo".
    2nd: Japanese version. It had the same small foil dots but had the copyright corrected.
    3rd: Japanese version: It had much larger foil dots.
    4th: English version. It had the Wizards copyright as well as the normal one.

They all vary from $5 to $60 with the English one being worth the least. I personally have 45 English ones but only 1 of each of the other 3.

3. Flygon_Frank_66

Flygon_Frank_66 The Mystical Master

4. Jdrawer

Jdrawer ...

I heard that a mint of the oldest version could fetch over US$200

5. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

A mint (non-graded) first printing of Ancient Mew can "fetch" $70 at most. :)

6. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

i had 2 of them (presumeably english)
    1 just vanished one day and the other was traded for lugia legend.

7. Razor Leafeon

Razor Leafeon The Shadow Remains Cast!

Also, surprisingly, a newer one like that could go for really cheap.