• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ancient Sandstorm (a Battle Tower Party)

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Right, hello everyone it's your favorite (or at least liked) pokemon breeder/battler Fossil Man.

Lately, I've been thinking about a Battle Tower Theme Team which shows off two of my more liked things in pokemon; Fossils, and Rock-Types.

I'll show what I have down now so far:
---------------------------------------

tyranitar.png

Adamant/ Jolly Nature
Sand Stream w/Muscle Band

Earthquake
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Crunch/ Aerial Ace
Dragon Dance

76 HP/ 252 Atk/ 180 Spd

Pretty standard TTar here, but let's face it, it's pretty dang good! Sand Stream for the nice infinite sandstorm and this tyrant of the fossils is a complete HOUSE! EQ/RS (orSE) mix for the classic Rock/Ground sweep, DD to raise up Speed and pump more power, and Crunch for STAB.

However, I am heavily thinking of replacing Crunch with Aerial Ace due to picking off his mortal enemy, Fighting. Choice is yours people.

empoleon.png

Modest Nature
Torrent w/ Life Orb

Agility
Ice Beam
Surf
Grass Knot

94 HP / 252 SpAtk / 164 Spe

An AgilityPoleon suggested by that awesome BlueRabbit that we all know and love. While it takes out my Waller, I get a Tank in it's place! Plus it'll help with good synergy and not be affected by Sandstorm's negative effect.

Here it is so far, I just need one more and would appreciate any comments for this.

Many thanks, and CRAGLY-HO!

Last edited:

Bossk

Like a champ.
Flygon could go for the last slot. Then you need someone who resists it or something of the sort. Possibly Empoleon or Swampert.

There's a Tyranitar lead set, I'm pretty sure, but I'll check that tomorrow, quite tired from today's crappy day...

The Mighty Wurmple

At the moment you get a bit owned by Bug & Fighting, Gliscor can help with that while utilising his Sand Veil.
The only thing is with BT Sandstorm teams is you don't get much room for synergy, so Water and Ice type moves are definitely not appreciated.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
I hate to say it, but this team is begging for Garchomp. Garchomp + Tyranitar = Epic Win. Like The Mighty Wurmple said, Gliscor could also do well if you want to be less standard. However, you may want to consider changing Cradily for something that can handle Ice Types better. Consider a Steel-type Pokémon in its place. Empoleon, IMO, could do well on this team.

• Empoleon @ Life Orb
• Modest Nature
• 94 HP / 252 SpAtk / 164 Spe
• Agility
• Ice Beam
• Surf
• Grass Knot

Pretty straightforward, really. The standard Agilipoleon, but with EVs that actually work. If you don't know already, 164 Spe EVs let you reach 101 Spe, enough to outspeed a positive nature Base 130 after a single Agility. You could choose to put Flash Cannon in there somewhere for a solid answer to Ice Types, but it's your choice.

Out of interest, can you explain the EVs for Ttar and Cradily?

Hope it helps :)

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
The Ev's for TTar are just a normal DDTar's. Enough hefty attack, decent speed to help and a little HP to make sure it survives a punch or two

Cradilly, I wanted to make a Waller/Staller, since it's Sp.D IV's are terrific, plus the Sandstorm would boost it's Sp.D even higher, let alone his terrific Def.

I do see yours and Wurmple's side though, this team is going to be owned heavily by Bug, Fighting,Water, and Ice. Not to mention Ground too.

I like the idea of Empoleon, although I don't know if he too gets a Sp.D boost from Sandstorm. Garchomp...eh...you know me and my policy, so maybe I might go with Gliscor or maybe even Flygon. Then again, you do know what you're talking about so..I'll put Garchomp on my list too.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Empoleon does not get the SpDef boost from Sandstorm. However, if you went for a total rock-type team, then you would fail miserably. Monotype teams are fun, but generally they won't get you very far. I strongly recommend you use Empoleon, or something like it, because it helps to cover your team's weaknesses well.

I know how non-standard you are, and Gliscor is a viable alternative over Garchomp. It seems that you don't want to use Garchomp, so go with Gliscor instead.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
What would you recommend for a Gliscor? I know a Flying Move of some sort will definately help, plus give me a STAB as well. Ice Fang or Fire Fang for Grass and Ice types maybe?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Well, it's not the best that a Gliscor can do, but a set of Swords Dance / Earthquake / Aerial Ace / Fire Fang or Stone Edge would help you most, IMO. It helps that Gliscor will have a much easier time setting up thanks to the Sandstorm raising its evasiveness.

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
Yeah, that does seem really good, especially because Gliscor is also a physical wall (or can at least be one) Plus Sand Veil will really help him out a lot too.

What would be a good nature for him. I really don't mind if it is either offensive or defensive.

I'm thinking either Impish, Jolly, Adamant, or even Careful for Special Defense boost

Also, what kind of EV's should I give him?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Well, since it's an offensive SD set, then a Jolly nature should be fine with standard sweeper EVs. But someone with more experience with Gliscor may want to correct me on this.