• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

And if unbuyable items start being sold (Ether)? Would you like? Why? Why not?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
We need to be able to buy masterballs. They could cost 1,000,000 each

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
No, not Masterballs. Masterballs are cheap as hell, and I normally don't use them, unless I really want a Pokémon and can't catch them. I think all those items shuold be available, but not for sale. You gather loadss of money way too easy. If you go against the league, you make a **** load of money. If you could buy them, I'm pretty sure everybody everybody would abuse of them.

Ditto B1tch

And you know that the price of TMs has risen drastically to compensate for the fact you only need one, right?

But the fact that now I can use a same TM ilimited times is worther than buying only one before for a "cheap" price.

We need to be able to buy masterballs. They could cost 1,000,000 each

999,999 you mean, as the wallet can't hold up than that.

In this case players would choose between a guaranteed legendary and leave lots of items behind.

A good deal would be to buy 100 Ultra Balls, if you want a legendary so much. It was going to be 120,000 money on total (a lot "cheaper" than 999,999). I bet 1 out of 100 Ultra Balls is supposed to catch the legendary if you weaken its HP down to red and give it a paralysis/sleeping condition.

Last edited:

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast

In this case players would choose between a guaranteed legendary and leave lots of items behind.

The wallet can more than 999, 999 Pokeyen. I currently have a little under 9 million in my W2.

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
No, not Masterballs. Masterballs are cheap as hell, and I normally don't use them, unless I really want a Pokémon and can't catch them. I think all those items shuold be available, but not for sale. You gather loadss of money way too easy. If you go against the league, you make a **** load of money. If you could buy them, I'm pretty sure everybody everybody would abuse of them.

Definitely agree here on the abuse of Masterballs.
I think still stick to 1 masterball.

---

I wouldnt mind buying rare candies for the fact of me being too lazy to level to evolve and complete certain Pokemon in the Pokedex. And let's face it, anyone who uses Pokemon competitively knows Rare Candy boosting to 100 will result in an average Poke.
Max Revives would be awesome. I usually have a "sacrifice" Pokemon so I can revive then heal a fainted Pokemon. Usually it is the HM slave XD

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast

---

I wouldnt mind buying rare candies for the fact of me being too lazy to level to evolve and complete certain Pokemon in the Pokedex. And let's face it, anyone who uses Pokemon competitively knows Rare Candy boosting to 100 will result in an average Poke.
Max Revives would be awesome. I usually have a "sacrifice" Pokemon so I can revive then heal a fainted Pokemon. Usually it is the HM slave XD

You must not use Pokemon competetively, then. If you raise a pokemon to level 100 with rare candies, it can still be EV'd.

I do think that Ether and all its variations should be sold, though, it's really annoying if you're out training or clearing a long dungeon and you're pretty much forced to return to a healing spot because you ran out of PP.

Well they added those Doctors and Nurses all over Unova, should they continue that trend?

The limit was upped to 9,999,999 in BW.

Rinni

Hero of the Storm
You must not use Pokemon competetively, then. If you raise a pokemon to level 100 with rare candies, it can still be EV'd.

Nope I don't. Therefore my lack of knowledge on it. Thank you for correcting me.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

You're aware that catching Pokemon is basically a dice roll that the player can influence slightly, correct?

Sell Master Balls for 300,000 yen apiece. They're overrated.

A good deal would be to buy 100 Ultra Balls, if you want a legendary so much. It was going to be 120,000 money on total (a lot "cheaper" than 999,999). I bet 1 out of 100 Ultra Balls is supposed to catch the legendary if you weaken its HP down to red and give it a paralysis/sleeping condition.

Presuming your time has no value, of course.

But that's a terrible deal. Ultra Balls are a 2.635% chance to catch for 1200 yen each, whereas Poke Balls are 1.567% for only 200 yen. Why pay six times as much for only twice the effectiveness?

You'll have probably caught the legendary after about 70 Balls, so charge 14,000 yen per Master Ball.

You can already obtain two on a single file easily.

...You people are all aware that Revival Herbs exist, right? 2,800 yen a pop?

Meeker

It needs a fence.
I don't care, I collect the rare stuff, so it may make it a bit dull to get them via purchase. Though ethers/elixirs would be nice to buy, though they can be replaced by leppa berries.

Quantum1024

Flaming Death
Leppa Berries have the same function as an Ether, wih the added function of cultivation. That said, I would certainly like berries to be sold, because growing berries in Unova is too much of a pain.

HyperBeamDreams

Buying Rare Candies makes the game too easy

I have no idea why ethers are never sold. Running out of PP is super annoying. Not selling ethers just makes the game frustrating more than they do challenging.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well they added those Doctors and Nurses all over Unova, should they continue that trend?

Doctors and Nurses are only really helpful in long dungeons or in the middle of a long route where you're too far away from a Pokemon Center in any direction, but they do need to tone it down a bit. It seems like you can't go 5 feet in BW without running into a healing spot. That's going way overboard.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
For heaven's sake, it's fine as it is. I think Game Freak know enough about the mechanics of their own franchise to gauge the difficulty levels accurately so that players need seldom use items like Rare Candies and Elixirs. Perhaps if Gen VI turns out to be the most ridiculously difficult, hair-pulling, 3DS-throwing, Piplup-slapping games made in the series so far, then maybe Rare Candies will be available to purchase in Pokemarts.

But then what will be the next 'rare, unpurchasable' item for players to hoard and abuse? Ex. Rare Candies, which raise a Pokemon's level by five? Or ten? Or maybe an XXX Rare Candy which automatically raises a Pokemon's level to 100? Come on, it's never going to happen. This is Game Freak we're talking about, not freakin' Capcom.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I don't see why certain items like Elixir and Max Elixir shouldn't be available through shops, especially considering they are manufactured items.

Evolutionary stones, as pointed before, we available through shops, and have been available through each generations mechanics(Join Avenue/Dust clouds for B2W2, Underground for D/P/Pt), so I don't see much reason why you shouldn't be able to purchase them in specific times and for a handsome amount of money.

I do think regional stuff like Lava Cookie, Old Gateau, Ragecandybar, Fluffy Tail etc. should only be specific locations, but I don't think they should be unbuyable for all games. Sacred Ash maybe.

As for Max Elixir, PP Max, Max Revive, Rare Candy and Eviolite, I think they should either be buyable at the post-game locations or at least in Eviolite's case be accessible through battling facilities.

It is obviously ridiculous to suggest quest items like Shards and Heart Scale to buyable though.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
But then what will be the next 'rare, unpurchasable' item for players to hoard and abuse? Ex. Rare Candies, which raise a Pokemon's level by five? Or ten? Or maybe an XXX Rare Candy which automatically raises a Pokemon's level to 100? Come on, it's never going to happen. This is Game Freak we're talking about, not freakin' Capcom.

Too late. Join Avenue already does that.

Although buying Max Revives and Ethers would be nice, Rare Candies wouldn't in my opinion.
By the way, I just plant a lot of Leppa berries to replace the Ethers...