• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

And if unbuyable items start being sold (Ether)? Would you like? Why? Why not?

You obviously know nothing about competetive and just heard someone else say that.
Uh no... You get an EV based on the PKMN you KO. Your stat raises at each new level are based on these.
And who cares about competetive? IT's the GAME that we're here for.

...You people are all aware that Revival Herbs exist, right? 2,800 yen a pop?
But that makes your PKMN dislike you.

Although buying Max Revives and Ethers would be nice, Rare Candies wouldn't in my opinion.
By the way, I just plant a lot of Leppa berries to replace the Ethers...
When you're going from town to town getting badges, I find it a waste to raise berries.

LizardonX

Banned
I really have no idea why you can't just buy ethers and PP ups, I mean for a price of 5k for the former and 15k for the latter they seem very reasonable.

Arlo

...and so on...
Might as well sell Ethers - I stopped being so concerned about them when Leppa berries were introduced, since they do the same thing and they're free. So Ethers are already of little value - at least if they were sold, they'd be convenient.

As for Rare Candies - I don't care, honestly. Beyond the fact that I don't much care how anyone else plays their game anyway, I would think that there wouldn't be much point in buying and using them even if they were for sale. I know I wouldn't - I've never thought they were useful as it is, other than as an easy way to temporarily level a newborn up far enough to run its stats through an IV calculator, and an Audino and a Lucky Egg works better for that anyway, so they don't even have that little bit of a purpose left. If they were sold, they'd undoubtedly be expensive enough that it'd be a hassle to get together enough money to buy enough of them to make any sort of significant difference, and for that, I'd much rather spend my time battling and earning experience and, more significantly, gaining EVs, and lo and behold - pokemon level up when you do that anyway, and end up better than they would with Rare Candies, since they're getting the EV stat-increases as well. So for me, there's no point in them at all, sold or otherwise, and if someone else wants to spend their time accumulating enough money to buy enough Rare Candies to force level their pokemon so they end up overleveled with inferior stats, that's their problem.

tyranitarenthusiast

you can actually get unlimited free rare candies in BW2:

step 1: sr before you go into the sport domes and try to get one with a breeder inside
step 2: battle the breeder and you will be given a rare candy as a prize
step 3: GF forgot to make the breeders in the sports dome unable to rebottle, so you can fight them and gain rare candies for the entire day (and get infinite amounts of rare candies)
step 4: the next day, repeat the steps

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
But that makes your PKMN dislike you.

Friendship only matters if you're either

a) Going for happiness evolution on something (after which the happiness stat is irrelevant, and why are you letting happiness-evolving Pokes faint in the first place?)

or

b) Using Return (which is suck on anything without STAB, and only takes 4845 steps to fully power again anyway, so irrelevant 97% of the time)

Last edited:

Freeze Frame

Uh no... You get an EV based on the PKMN you KO. Your stat raises at each new level are based on these.
And who cares about competetive? IT's the GAME that we're here for.

No, in Gen V EVs are recalculated after each battle. You don't need to level up to get them. So try to learn the game before you "correct" someone on it with the wrong info.

Ditto B1tch

Might as well sell Ethers - I stopped being so concerned about them when Leppa berries were introduced, since they do the same thing and they're free. So Ethers are already of little value - at least if they were sold, they'd be convenient.

It's pain planting berries, dude! What good that Ethers are already available in B2/W2!

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Ethers- Yes. Why can't we buy them? We have full heals that fully heal you and remove all status effects, we have revives that bring you back at half or almost full health, why can't we have something that restores PP, its not that cheep and would be REALLY useful in the Elite 4. And don't use the Avenue reasoning in BW2, it still makes them rare and fairly hard to get at only 1 per day, that's not helping. They should be available at shops,they should have been available from the start in gen 1.

Rare candies- No. that would ruin their purpose. They are supposed to be something rare that you find to help you. A nice little treat :)

I would really like to see them sell the elemental stones again like in gen 1. With how many pokemon evolve from stones it would be nice to be able to buy one and use it. It didn't break the game in gen 1, why not now.