• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Angry about fairy type!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
When I saw the news I litirally screamed NOOOO!
Why does dragon need a weakness! Now salamence and garchomp are WORTHLESS!
I am really angry now. Changing people's types, this messes up all the battles and every team should be re calculated. :(

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
While I don't like Fairy type themeatically, and I feel it to be unneeded. I have to disagree with your reasoning.

Firstly, no really good Pokemon so far have been named to be fairy type. Unless that changes, we don't know how any Pokemon's usefulness will be changed. Secondly, Fairy type could be terrible for all we know.

Enjolras

Master of the House
That's sort of the point. The new type will bring lesser used Pokemon into the scene. As for your comment that Salamence and Garchomp will be worthless, 600 BST is nothing to scoff at. I don't see them going anywhere.

randomspot555

Congratulations on being the first. You'll now get bragging rights declaring that you, in fact, said it sucked first, before the game even came out! I'm sure 4chan and the YouTube comments section will build a shrine in your honor.

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Why does dragon need a weakness!
Because its only two weaknesses prior to Fairy were Ice and Dragon. Not to mention that they are quite powerful

Now salamence and garchomp are WORTHLESS!
That is most definitely not the case. As others have said, 600 BST prevents this from happening. Not to mention their movepools most likely contain at least one of the types that Fairies will end up being weak to.

Changing people's types, this messes up all the battles and every team should be re calculated. :(
That's pretty much the point of a new type. It is meant to upset previous strategies and teams so that people will have to change them rather than use the same ones they've always used.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
A new type revealed after so long surprised me, but it won't ruin the game. It give dragon types another weakness besides ice plus pokemon that that been banned form compitive play like salamence and garchomp will be able to enter since now a means to counter them.
This isn't 4th gen... In 5th gen Salamance and Garchomp (with Rough Skin only) aren't banned from competitive play.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I think someone is over-reacting. What if all the fairy type pokemon would be weak or have weak moves? You don't know yet.
With that said, I am puzzled by why it is super effective on dragons. It makes no sense. Dragons being weak to poison would make much more sense to me.

kusari

Raptastic
Firstly, no really good Pokemon so far have been named to be fairy type.
If Fairy is truly immune to Dragon, Azumarill will rocket up. Huge Power, Dragon immunity, Superpower, probably a physical Fairy move allowing for murder of Dragons. Little guy is already not too bad. Now he may get crazy awesome.

Joltik-Kid

I think someone is over-reacting. What if all the fairy type pokemon would be weak or have weak moves? You don't know yet.
With that said, I am puzzled by why it is super effective on dragons. It makes no sense. Dragons being weak to poison would make much more sense to me.
Mythology my friend, mythology. Fairy's Magic was always used to slay dragons

Unoin

OK, while there won't be anything overly bad as a result of the Fairy type, I have to disagree with how it has come about. IMO it's far too late for a new type and has been since Gamefreak decided not to introduce any new types for Gen 3. Fairy is also quite similar to Normal and shares some similarities to Ghost. Also, Clefairy and Clefable are described as fairy Pokemon. They should be the only Pokemon therefore imo, to be linked with fairies and no type should be made that is the same as a species that at least one Pokemon is based off.

Joltik-Kid

OK, while there won't be anything overly bad as a result of the Fairy type, I have to disagree with how it has come about. IMO it's far too late for a new type and has been since Gamefreak decided not to introduce any new types for Gen 3. Fairy is also quite similar to Normal and shares some similarities to Ghost. Also, Clefairy and Clefable are described as fairy Pokemon. They should be the only Pokemon therefore imo, to be linked with fairies and no type should be made that is the same as a species that at least one Pokemon is based off.
Well... Charmeleon and Charizard are known as the Flame species, which is a more fancy way of say Fire. But on that note, I agree that 3rd gen would have been better suited for a new type then 4 generations later after the first new introduction

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
I'm more worried about my beloved Dragonite than Salamence or Garchomp, but considering I don't play competitively anyway, it probably won't affect me much...

This is a chance for older Pokemon that may not have been the best to step up and shine. There's no real downside to that, and thus, I'll be accepting the Fairy-type with open arms~

Granted, people will be upset about it and I can understand that. But really, there's no reason to get your knickers in a bunch. Pokemon introduces a new type, it's not the end of the world. (Otherwise, the world would've ended in Gen II, haha.)

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer

wow this is true, I didn't think about that till you said it

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

HOLY CRAP.

But... shouldn't it have been called "magic type" or something? Because "Fairy type" sounds way too girly to me, and it's almost hard to take seriously just hearing about it. But if there are really powerful moves and the Pokémon are good, then I wouldn't mind it (though old Pokémon being given that type made me go "whyyyyyy", it sounds really unnecessary to me). Of course, if this turns out to be another Gen I Psychic type, then there are going to be issues with the game breaking, and we would have the right to be upset.

But yeah, cantavanda, I think you're over-reacting a little bit. Let's give it some time before we completely judge the type.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
If Fairy is truly immune to Dragon, Azumarill will rocket up. Huge Power, Dragon immunity, Superpower, probably a physical Fairy move allowing for murder of Dragons. Little guy is already not too bad. Now he may get crazy awesome.

It still depends, for all we know, Fairy might be weak to dragons also.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
A new type revealed after so long surprised me, but it won't ruin the game. It give dragon types another weakness besides ice plus pokemon that that been banned form compitive play like salamence and garchomp will be able to enter since now a means to counter them.

Dragon types are also weak to dragon.

Gurk

HOLY CRAP.

But... shouldn't it have been called "magic type" or something? Because "Fairy type" sounds way too girly to me, and it's almost hard to take seriously just hearing about it. But if there are really powerful moves and the Pokémon are good, then I wouldn't mind it (though old Pokémon being given that type made me go "whyyyyyy", it sounds really unnecessary to me). Of course, if this turns out to be another Gen I Psychic type, then there are going to be issues with the game breaking, and we would have the right to be upset.

But yeah, cantavanda, I think you're over-reacting a little bit. Let's give it some time before we completely judge the type.

And what's so bad about '' sounding girly '' or whatever? Is femininity suddenly bad? I don't really understand this mindset.

I'm happy though, Fairy type is probably going to be one of my favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.