• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Angry about fairy type!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Oh no, we'll have to recalculate!

Seriously, that sounds like you'd rather be lazy than have something new and excitening.

What is the point in being angry about it anyways? It happened, so get over it.

randomspot555

I understand that, but there's a difference between disliking someone for valid reasons

No one at all has a single valid reason. It was just announced mere hours ago about a game no one here has played. Any negative opinion on it is just the same ol "it is new, therefore it sucks" crap every new game gets across every fandumb.

I dislike Fairy type, but solely for the reason that I feel it to be unnecessary

What makes it "unnecessary"?

and forced.

What in the world does that mean?

golem12

Dragon Trainer
now i start to think of it maybe nintendo is trying to make pokemon x and y so that also girls are more likely to buy it not that i am say it wasn't allready for girls but see if you count it up fairy sounds girlish then you got pokemon amie which kinda let me think about nintendo dogs and it is fully based on france which is the country of fashion and other stuff and you can change the outfit and stuff of your character it is getting pretty logic to me

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
No one at all has a single valid reason. It was just announced mere hours ago about a game no one here has played. Any negative opinion on it is just the same ol "it is new, therefore it sucks" crap every new game gets across every fandumb.

What makes it "unnecessary"?

What in the world does that mean?

Well, generally Fairy is already covered under normal, and it could have stayed that way. I mean it's forced as in it seems to exist just because it's new. Even then, it's fine. Notice how I'm not preemptively raging about this. My immediate reaction is that I dislike it, but I'm seeing how things will go.

Kacho

You are next.
Fairy type is probably weak to itself and even fire :p

I wonder how it will matches metal, since metal is kind of machines and mechanics?

Or fairy vs psychic and ghost

now i start to think of it maybe nintendo is trying to make pokemon x and y so that also girls are more likely to buy it not that i am say it wasn't allready for girls but see if you count it up fairy sounds girlish then you got pokemon amie which kinda let me think about nintendo dogs and it is fully based on france which is the country of fashion and other stuff and you can change the outfit and stuff of your character it is getting pretty logic to me

I thought girls already play pokemon.

I mean, so long [fandom here] is not spamming pokemon forums about their [other fandom] i am okay

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
whoa there hold the bus! just because you introduce fairy type pokemon doesn't mean its trying to get girl fan base i played pokemon for the longest time...i see nothing wrong with the fairy type and the poorest excuse people pull out its a girl thing that is not true...im a female and i do not like the color pink as well as yes i may be a fairy fan but doesn't mean that there trying to introduce it to girls more...there may be a ratio that more boys play pokemon but there is a good amount of females that play too...i don't understand why guys just go nuts about masculine man hood about its a fairy type...so what get over it that its a new type...i find it intreasting cuaz we need a fairy type and on top of it i think they wanted to make a fairy type for the longest time do to the egg group moves...so please making this angry post about im angry fairy type to girly I find this childish and annoying...

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
I love how already people are comparing fairies to females and assuming that this type is going to be feminine.

Fairies are not mass produced pieces of pink plastic that usually make me want to burn them, fairies are the 'Wee folk' they are small. Petite. Have any of you ever heard of changelings? The offspring of fairies...

Evil, vicious, type of fairy.

Again, Fairies are not little pieces of pink plastic covered in sparkles. They are mythical creatures, like dragons, and should be treated as such.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I really like how Sylveon is a Fairy-type instead of a Normal-type, as some people speculated.

JTurls97

I Trust in Mew
HOLY CRAP.

But... shouldn't it have been called "magic type" or something? Because "Fairy type" sounds way too girly to me, and it's almost hard to take seriously just hearing about it. But if there are really powerful moves and the Pokémon are good, then I wouldn't mind it (though old Pokémon being given that type made me go "whyyyyyy", it sounds really unnecessary to me). Of course, if this turns out to be another Gen I Psychic type, then there are going to be issues with the game breaking, and we would have the right to be upset.

But yeah, cantavanda, I think you're over-reacting a little bit. Let's give it some time before we completely judge the type.

I think "magic type" would be a bit cliche and not very original.

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
whoa there hold the bus! just because you introduce fairy type pokemon doesn't mean its trying to get girl fan base i played pokemon for the longest time...i see nothing wrong with the fairy type and the poorest excuse people pull out its a girl thing that is not true...im a female and i do not like the color pink as well as yes i may be a fairy fan but doesn't mean that there trying to introduce it to girls more...there may be a ratio that more boys play pokemon but there is a good amount of females that play too...i don't understand why guys just go nuts about masculine man hood about its a fairy type...so what get over it that its a new type...i find it intreasting cuaz we need a fairy type and on top of it i think they wanted to make a fairy type for the longest time do to the egg group moves...so please making this angry post about im angry fairy type to girly I find this childish and annoying...

I complectly agree with you on this...I to am a female that had played this game starting in silver and I can tell ya, I have long awaited the day when a new type is revealed just like with the games I started in

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
Can someone please give me their definition of 'Girly'? Because mine and most other people's seem to be veeeery different.

Enjolras

Master of the House
So many opinions on this new type, that I just gotta put mine out there. Why in the world is it called Fairy? Why not do this instead: 1- Rename it Light. 2- Make it super effective on Dark. 3- Make it immune to Dark. 4- Make it weak to Psychic. 5- Make Psychic resist Light. 6- Get rid of the super effectiveness on Dragon. And as for Sylveon being this type, I have one thing to say: Stupid Pokémon! You should have made Sylveon the Flying-type instead! This is my opinion, and I will only change it if I like the new info that is revealed it about later on. Until then, I officially hate this type.

Whoa. This isn't your ideas on Fairy type, this is you raging about there not being a light type. What you said bears no resemblance to the Fairy type that was released. I doubt there will be a light type because the dark type isn't actually the Physical embodiment of dark and already has counterparts in Psychic and Fighting.

Gurk

I am laughing at people getting offended about people's perception of fairies.

Because some of them are offending to the female gender, like this: fairies make me think of feminine things -> can't take fairy type seriously and don't enjoy girly things -> i don't like fairy type = which is basically saying feminine things are less than neutral/masculine things which is basically misogyny. I'll still say this though, even if fairies was overall a feminine type, it wouldn't be a bad thing, because there's nothing wrong with feminine things, women being feminine or just women.

There.

But I'm really happy myself over the Fairy type and it being super effective against Dragons. HYYYPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.