• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Angry about fairy type!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacho

You are next.
I thought gnomes and giants like in fairytales are kind of fairies in a way.

(jack and the giant soy bean stalk, snow white and the ten sarcastic gnomes)

they have magic properties and enchantment you know...

I think a lot of fairy type moves would be buffing or debuffing :p

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
OMG SO TRUE!!!

But do you guys see girl fans complaining about the macho Fighting-Type? No.

So suck it up, ;)

I'm not complaining. I just think it's funny finding out that fairies are serious business. It's like finding about the my little pony fandom all over again.

golem12

Dragon Trainer
srry about my earlier post were i said that this game is meant for girls based on the fact of fairy type and cetra.

it wasn't my purpose to unlock a rivalry but it just slipped my mind and i know not every girl is the same like not every boy is the same

again srry

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
Okay.. let's just look at this with an open mind now.

While I do agree that Fairy-Type is unneeded, I must say it does make things more interesting in the battle system. It's strong against Dragon (heck yessss), which makes it easier to take 'em down without endangering your team (by having a Dragon-type to combat it).
Please explain to me how Garchomp and Salamence are now "worthless"? They both have a second type - Ground and Flying respectfully. You could use those moves, or just not battle a Fairy-type with them. They're just not very effective now against the new type - what makes them completely worthless? It's not like every single Pokemon is being retyped.
Now how in the world does every single person's team need to be recalculated? I know that in my case, I wasn't really planning on having a Dragon on my team (But Noivern.... :3....), and I was planning on having Sylveon regardless of its type (unless it was something stupid, which it wasn't IMO), so it didn't really affect me. Now you may have wanted a legion of dragons. That's still okay. Just be prepared for those matches with Fairies - I bet there may be a Fairy-type Gym.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
There's a official Fairy Type? *googles* ...

WHY?!?!?! Why?

Why do we need a type just for pretty wittle fairys? Why?

*sigh* I expected Gen 6 would have several flaws.

Maybe I'm exaggerating

Kacho

You are next.

WHY?!?!?! Why?

Maybe I'm exaggerating

the mew in your siggy looks like pretty wittle fairy

Also, I just realize this one point..

I think Nintendo meant "Fairy" like in japanese sense? like spirits, sprites, playful magical beings?

Last edited:

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)

WHY?!?!?! Why?

Maybe I'm exaggerating
We all need to look at these things with an open mind. Complaining and imagining "pretty wittle fairies" is not going to help us right now. Who knows, maybe they'll make an evilish-looking Pokemon a Fairy-type?

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
It wasn't directed at you ;)

I used to think like that until I played Slender '3'

Ah, Slender 3. One of the strangest but most brilliant things there is.

The only other reason why I don't like Fairy type is that Game Freak must have rejected my type idea. This begs the question:

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH EARMUFF TYPE?

Last edited:

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
the mew in your siggy looks like pretty wittle fairy
The Mew in my siggy may be pinky but it's no fairy.

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/192/1/1/derpy_angry_by_sapoltop-d56uadr.png

We all need to look at these things with an open mind. Complaining and imagining "pretty wittle fairies" is not going to help us right now. Who knows, maybe they'll make an evilish-looking Pokemon a Fairy-type?

An evil fairy-type could be cool though, like a humanoid one.

randomspot555

Well, generally Fairy is already covered under normal, and it could have stayed that way.

This seems like "It is new, therefore it sucks"

mean it's forced as in it seems to exist just because it's new.

I think you're getting "I don't like it" mixed up with "It is forced."

"It is forced" means that some Nintendo exec said you need to introduce a new type and Game Freak dragged their feet kicking and screaming and only did it because they were ordered to rather than it being a genuine creative idea thought up to improve the series.

"I don't like it" is your personal opinion.

So unless you have evidence that this was "forced" somehow, stop trying to dress up your opinion with made up facts.

My immediate reaction is that I dislike it, but I'm seeing how things will go.

I'll predict that you still won't like it. This is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
An evil fairy-type could be cool though, like a humanoid one.
I agree - it would be pretty awesome. But maybe not humanoid...

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
Personally, I like the new Fairy type.
After lots of rumors in various places, I'm not that much surprised about the announcement, but man I was excited when I read it.
Maybe the franchise didn't really need a new type, but when they know have decided to bring a new one, then Fairy is pretty original I think. A Light type, which also were rumored, would on the other hand be quite unoriginal, since that type already exist in other franchises (Like Yu-Gi-Oh).

The Fairy type also seems to be able to have it's own unique characteristics which I also think is important for a type. I think it will fit well into the current system, giving Dragon a total amount of 3 weaknesses, which is very positive for me, since you now have more options to counter them, which perhaps can slow down their dominance a bit.

A lot of Pokemon fans is probably dissapointed about giving some of the older Pokemon this new Fairy type, but I actually think that this is a positive thing, since these Pokemon can gain new interest in people instead of just being forgotten in the big amount of different Pokemon. Also, I think it is cool that old Pokemon are getting new significant opportunities in battle.

As rumored, these Fairy types will be weak against Poison and Steel, which I hope is true, since Poison currently only hits Grass types super effectively, so I think it could make offensive Poison moves more popular.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Because some of them are offending to the female gender, like this: fairies make me think of feminine things -> can't take fairy type seriously and don't enjoy girly things -> i don't like fairy type = which is basically saying feminine things are less than neutral/masculine things which is basically misogyny. I'll still say this though, even if fairies was overall a feminine type, it wouldn't be a bad thing, because there's nothing wrong with feminine things, women being feminine or just women.

There.

But I'm really happy myself over the Fairy type and it being super effective against Dragons. HYYYPE!

once again why the heck do people associate fairy with female get over it...just don't use the pokemon that have fairy in it get over it already problem solved -_- but i do concluded you somewhat understand that women are women but still come on guys really were gunna sit here and talk about fairy type is to girly...please get over it, and fairy type isn't a gender people its just a mythical creature which people assume its only for female likings...

Status
Not open for further replies.