• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Angry about fairy type!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
Fairy doesn't necessarily mean cute and little, like the Dragon there are for running the of things that fall under the category fan review without fitting the typical image.

Acdog

I'm alright with the new type; the only thing that peeves me is making it a secondary typing for previous Pokemon. However, the same applies to later evolutions and baby evolutions being added in later gens, which I can live with. Also, if I really decide to get mad about the new dual typing for old Pokemon, I just have to think back to Gen II when Magnemite/Magneton became Electric/Steel. This isn't the first time we've seen this.

HetaOni

Chesaught
So basically this thread was made to bash Fairy-Type.

I for one love this type.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
We're gonna have to get used to it. While I do like it a bit, I don't think it was necessary. Steel and dark were added because they WERE necessary; psychic types were too good. I think fairy isn't needed, so I don't see why they did it.

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
I love Fairy also but I hope for a Pokkemon that has types that are super effective against both ice and fairy, not that I wanted dethrone Blazakien as the ultimate Dragon slayer slayer.

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
This seems like "It is new, therefore it sucks"

I think you're getting "I don't like it" mixed up with "It is forced."

"It is forced" means that some Nintendo exec said you need to introduce a new type and Game Freak dragged their feet kicking and screaming and only did it because they were ordered to rather than it being a genuine creative idea thought up to improve the series.

"I don't like it" is your personal opinion.

So unless you have evidence that this was "forced" somehow, stop trying to dress up your opinion with made up facts.

I'll predict that you still won't like it. This is known as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm... pretty sure you're drastically overstating my opinion on the matter. When I say it feels forced, I of course mean that it feels forced to me. I feel like it maybe could have stayed as it was. As I say though, this is just an immediate reaction. There's several things that could change my opinion on the matter, but that depends on what Pokemon are changed/introduced, whether additional types are added, and what fairy types moves, strengths and weaknesses are.

Other than that, I don't really care. I am a big advocate of the new over the old.

papayaperson

Mathematician
It's an interesting idea. In all honesty, if they were going to name a type after one mythological creature (Dragon), they were bound to make another one. And it won't make Dragons worthless at all. It's good that now they have a more effective check than Ice, so now people will hopefully stop spamming Outrage and calling themselves amazing battlers for it. And as others have said, it will also make more of the unused Pokemon (Hopefully) make an appearance in battles. I know I'm excited that Gardevoir will have a STAB over Dragon ^^

Anyways... Anyone who says it's girly clearly knows nothing about Fairies. Why don't you look up ACTUAL Fairy myths (yes, DISNEY'S PERCEPTION IS WRONG) and then see if you'll say it again. Fairies would arguably be more powerful than Dragons if they were to face-off in real life anyways, solely due to their alleged magical capabilities.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
WHYYYYYYYYYY?!!!! we didn't need that at all. now competitive batting is going to be completely different, and rumors are flying they may even change current pokes by adding Fairy on to it (i certainly hope not)!

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Really? I never heard of that.

images
in this manga there are dragon slayers who sue magic and teh anme of the manga is... fairy tail pretty epic, but yeah thats my idea for why its super effective xD

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
WHYYYYYYYYYY?!!!! we didn't need that at all. now competitive batting is going to be completely different, and rumors are flying they may even change current pokes by adding Fairy on to it (i certainly hope not)!

It's not a rumour, look at the video on serebii.net's main index.

skittlepup

Braixen is MINE ;)
They already have - Jigglypuff is Normal/Fairy, Gardevior is Psychic/Fairy, and Marill is Water/Fairy.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

It's always different every generation, your point?

The-End

Banned
Like I said before, there's not much point complaining about it too much. The type is already there. I'm sure some of you would get used to it eventually. :p

Estellise

peachy
now competitive batting is going to be completely different,

...Doesn't competitive battling change every generation?

Whining about the type isn't going to change anything. Just accept the change and move on. No one said you HAD TO use Fairy types anyway.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
'sigh', you guys are probably right. i think the same controversy came up with the release of the Dark type in Silver and Gold over 10 years ago, and Dark is one of my favorites, so i guess i can live with it, lol

HOLY CRAP.

But... shouldn't it have been called "magic type" or something? Because "Fairy type" sounds way too girly to me, and it's almost hard to take seriously just hearing about it. But if there are really powerful moves and the Pokémon are good, then I wouldn't mind it (though old Pokémon being given that type made me go "whyyyyyy", it sounds really unnecessary to me). Of course, if this turns out to be another Gen I Psychic type, then there are going to be issues with the game breaking, and we would have the right to be upset.

But yeah, cantavanda, I think you're over-reacting a little bit. Let's give it some time before we completely judge the type.

Magic is too widespread, there's Fire, Ice, Arcane and many other types of magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.