• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Angry because of the hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I'm sorry for the people who wouldn't like me because of this. And I really didn't know if this was the right place to put it. Also, I'm sorry if somebody has done a topic like this before. But I'm actually angry at how many people I saw saying that they don't like the designs of the 5th gen pokemon. I know it's peoples opinions, but I take things seriously, maybe too serious. I mean sure, there are a few pokemon who are weird looking, but still why make a big fuss about it? Even with the starters. Sure snivy and servine are snakes with legs, but is that what you complain about? It might sound wrong to some of you, but I actually fell in love with Tepig, Pignite and Emboar. (My usertname gives it away)> I hated it when I heard that his evolutions were ugly. Esecially when I heard that is was the worst pokemon design. I felt like punching the one who said that. So what that he was another fire/fighting. (By the way, I always choose the fire ones as my starter. For oshawott, I Don't know...
Although it was their opinion. I was Still angry. I'm sorry for that. It's just not fair. I want it to stop. Who else would be like this?

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I agree with you, that isn't right but they do have a right to their opinion. It might be different if they like said to you, for instance, "how could you like tepig since it obviously is so ugly". I still agree with you, but there really isn't anything you can do about it....don't think that is against the forum rules.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
The life of a Vanillite fan.

I agree with you. But, we live in a world where there will always be hatred, disagreement and plain old stupidity. I wish it could stop with all these Pokemon hating, but I don't know if anyone can stop it.

zozo

SLIMED!
While it can be annoying that people take strong likes or dislikes to Pokemon for apparently no reason, it's really not worth getting angry about. If people are down on a certain Gen's Pokemon, then what does it hurt other than their own enjoyment of the game? There's not much you can do when you come across a strong opinion you disagree with. You can get angry, but all that does is make yourself feel crappy. You can try to say something about it, but that doesn't do much constructive good either (speaking of which, I can almost guarantee this thread will be shut fairly soon, as were the last two or three threads of this nature). There's really nothing to do about it, no matter how foolish or unfair such opinions may seem to you.
Maybe just let it go and take the time you would have spent replying to people who annoy you to go out and train another level onto your Pokemon or something. Leave the complainers to their complaining and just go and enjoy the games that they apparently can't.

People don't have to like anything that they don't want to. As much as I'm annoyed with people blindly bashing things without trying them, it isn't fair to force people to like what you like.

As Alder said:
"Even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought."

BTW: There was indeed a thread like this a couple of days ago, and it got locked almost immediately, and there could be a possible penalty.

Zecaomes

Hey Scotty,Jesus Man
People have the right not to like it. I'm personally not the biggest fan of Gen 5 designs, but I do like the Generation as a whole. There are some Pokémon in Gen 5 I hate, such as Stunfisk, Tornadus, Thundurus and LLandorus... And there are some I really like. don't get angry about the hate, I just think people need to have a reason to hate, because most people I know just hate it because it's new and don't even give a chance to the new Pokémon

Moonrox

Shaymin Enthusiast
It's not people complaining about the designs that bothers me, it's people saying "ZOMG GF IS OUT OF IDEAS AN ICECREAM POKEMON IS SO UNCREATIVE".

*~Silver*~

I agree with you to a degree.

I agree that Tepig is an awesome starter along with Snivy and their evolution lines are awesome. [That has nothing to do with this topic though.] Anyways, you're right, it's people's opinions, and other people can disagree them. You're wrong in another sense as to say that people shouldn't say what Pokemon's design they don't like. If there are people out there who don't like Tepig and Snivy then who are we to say they have to like them? They should be allowed to dislike something, and be open about it. I see no problem with that what-so-ever.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I agree with the notion that complaining about the Pokemon on the basis of "not looking like Pokemon", but that doesn't mean that there's no reason to. A lot of the Pokemon in 5th gen are pretty unoriginal, not because they're based on seemingly "random" objects, but because they're too much like older Pokemon. Many of the Pokemon have similar designs, typing, movesets, abilities, etc. It really defeats the purpose of removing old Pokemon and "starting fresh" if the Pokemon they give you instead are just like the ones they removed. If you're going to go through the trouble of making new Pokemon, at least make them unique.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Aren't you a couple of years late..?
This topic was discussed in such grinding loops you can snort it through your nose. Yes, people are entitled of disliking something. Yes, many don't have a very good reason for disliking. Yes, some are more open to change than others. We have been through this.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Solution? To the competitive fan-base!

I'd like to bring up another point that maybe some people legitimately don't like the designs. I've met several people who liked the gen 5 games, but didn't like how the Pokemon looked. This could be due to the bright color pallet used, the extensive use of body decoration, or even the overuse of certain shapes can make the design not work for some people.

Such as, you really like Tepig. I personally find him a bit boring due to the lack of body decoration, and the somewhat human looking eyes, which I never seem to like as evidenced by the fact that I don't like Chimchar for the same reasons.

However, I love Garbodor, who is among the most widely criticized Pokemon. Not only is he my favorite color, green, but he is also covered with round shapes, which I tend to enjoy more than jagged ones.

A lot goes into what makes people like something, more than what beats the eye.

Flying Weasel

However, I love Garbodor, who is among the most widely criticized Pokemon. Not only is he my favorite color, green, but he is also covered with round shapes, which I tend to enjoy more than jagged ones.
I'll be honest as much as I hate garbodor he does have a good design. In my opinion most of the designs of the newer ones are a little too flashy and complex looking which seems to be something that increases with each new gen. I liked the look of tepig but I felt like they just went overboard on the patterns and colors as his evolution progressed. But for the OP you really just need to ignore them. I know how you're feeling I liked Lopunny and all of my friends made fun of her by calling her a..... well lets just say it wasn't something very nice.

Zachmac

You know, there was a pole held here on Serebii some time ago asking if everyone thought pokemon was going down hill since gen one, and the vast majority agreed that it wasn't.

Most people seem to be fine with gen 5 in general; it's just that some of the people who don't are extremely loud about it, and make it seem like a lot more people hate it then most really do.

...Honestly, I do find Vanillish odd, and I think Garbodor is the ugliest pokemon to ever exist, but I don't have gen 5 at all.

Cutty

Forever now
If random ppl I dont know esp. on the internet, I wont care. But its kinda disturbing if I know that person and he raves so much about my favorite pokemon.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I'll be honest as much as I hate garbodor he does have a good design. In my opinion most of the designs of the newer ones are a little too flashy and complex looking which seems to be something that increases with each new gen. I liked the look of tepig but I felt like they just went overboard on the patterns and colors as his evolution progressed. But for the OP you really just need to ignore them. I know how you're feeling I liked Lopunny and all of my friends made fun of her by calling her a..... well lets just say it wasn't something very nice.

Well, the increase in design complexity is a result of the superior hardware that wasn't available back in the 90s. It's only natural that they would want to take advantage of that.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

Wow. A lot of you replied in under a half-hour. You know I don't think I should have done this topic. It was either that or reply to people who hated the pokemon to be quiet or something and I think it's worse doing that and I don't want to do that. You guys are right. It is just their opinion. And I didn't know this was against the rules. I shouldn't make people like them. I'm sorry. Since there were topics about this then I'm fine with someone taking this down. Also I really don't know much about the Serebii Forums. I just registered not long ago...

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Honestly, the best you can do is lean back, and point and laugh silently (or not) at those people, since a lot of them use statements based on flawed information.

Rakansen

ラルフ
I'm going to be honest, I was one of the people who would go like, "Zekrom doesn't even look like a Pokémon! Mijumaru just looks like Piplup! An ice cream Pokémon? This has to be fake news!" Yes, I didn't like the new Pokémon so much that I tried convincing myself that the pre-evolutions of Gigalith were fake images.

As time went on, however, I guess I started accepting their designs. In fact, I used a Vanilluxe for my team during the story playthrough and it became a terrific asset to my team. Time eventually went on to the point where I actually liked the designs and I found myself defending them. People may say, "Eww! What kind of Pokémon is Garbodor?!" but Gen I also had some strange-looking Pokémon, like Exeggutor and Jynx.

Status
Not open for further replies.