• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animé Characters you Hate

Chris

Old Coot
I agree with this, killing Shirley was totally not cool in my book.
You could say that was an "unbro" thing to do.

But yeah, half of the deaths in Code Geass were rage inducing, but Rolo topped the ****ing cake with what he did.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
while I do think Shirley was kinda asking for it after she carelessly blurted out that very secret tidbit the way she did (and to someone whom, according to her de-Geassed memories, she should by all rights be suspicious of), Rolo was still very much a dick. Yeah, I kinda hated the guy myself, though his epic death scene kinda (albeit not completely) redeemed him for me.

He was a little annoying, trying to be Nunaly and stuff. -_-

from what I heard on TVTropes, R2 suffered from some executive meddling. This is why the series started with an apparent reboot, with Lelouche once again involved in some high school antics and everyone's memories erased, in spite of the major cliffhanger at the end of season 1. I wonder if this means Rolo wasn't meant to exist in the first place.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
from what I heard on TVTropes, R2 suffered from some executive meddling. This is why the series started with an apparent reboot, with Lelouche once again involved in some high school antics and everyone's memories erased, in spite of the major cliffhanger at the end of season 1. I wonder if this means Rolo wasn't meant to exist in the first place.
Probably. Though I imagine if Shirley was never killed, the ending to the series would've have had a massively damaging effect on one more person.

Vodka Haze

Naru and Koalla from Love Hina. Naru because she always punches Keitaro, which wasn't funny and made me feel sorry for him, and Koalla because her always happy attitude annoyed me, as well as having a pretty annoying voice (in both versions).

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
while I do think Shirley was kinda asking for it after she carelessly blurted out that very secret tidbit the way she did (and to someone whom, according to her de-Geassed memories, she should by all rights be suspicious of),
She probably should have been suspicious of someone masquerading as a brother who does not exist, but how was she asking for it? She tells Rolo she wants to stand by Lelouch, the only mistake she made was mentioning Nunnaly, which as we know is the reason Rolo killed her.

Rolo was still very much a dick. Yeah, I kinda hated the guy myself, though his epic death scene kinda (albeit not completely) redeemed him for me.

Any redemption for him was thrown out for me when he mentioned he was going to try and kill Nunnaly, so much so that I was quitely happy when Rolo died, and to think, Lelouch screwed with his head so bad that he actually convinced himself Lelouch was lieing when Lelouch ripped into him after he thought Nunnaly had died.

Probably. Though I imagine if Shirley was never killed, the ending to the series would've have had a massively damaging effect on one more person.

Would be interesting to see Shirley's reaction if she found out her precious "Lulu" was really a prince, and eventually, however briefly, the emperor.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
You know who I hate more than the anime characters I hate? The fans who adore these crummy fictional beings.

DarkMagician12

Take My Hand.
I now hate Ace and King Zenoheld from Bakugan New Vestroia. Ace, I just don't like how he acts in the second episode, and King Zenoheld is just evil to everyone, including his son Hydron, and he doesn't even care about Hydron :'(

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
I don't like France that much, because he tried to get England to marry him....And England is a dude! It's just kinda weird..

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I don't like France that much, because he tried to get England to marry him....And England is a dude! It's just kinda weird..

That is so ironic coming from someone with a Fujoushi avatar.

Anyway, only characters I really hate from any anime would be Yui from Angel Beats! and Inami from Working!!/Wagnaria.
The entirety of Angel Beats! wouldn't have even happened had Yui not misinterpreted what happened when people were friendly with Kanade, and Inami is just... freaking Inami.

Also, Nero from Milky Holmes because she's such a *****.

Musa Redfield

Wily Professor
Whoa boy :D

1. Misty from Pokemon: She is an annoying archetypical tsundere without anything interesting or distinct about her character. Overall, Jessie fulfilled the tsundere role far better than she did.

2. Drew from Pokemon: I could not stand this kid. Really, what personality did he have beyond being May's snobby rival whom she had an irritating love-hate relationship with? I am aware that he later changed his attitude towards May, but from what I remember, it was only because she improved as a Coordinator, not because he realized he was being a jerk to her and felt guilty about it.

3. Harley from Pokemon: Why are people so fond of this guy? His personality was extremely obnoxious. Also, what is so impressive about him deceiving and manipulating May? She is a naive and impressionable girl who anyone could trick. Now, if he had managed to fool someone who was actually intelligent, he probably would have impressed me.

4. Ranma Saotome from Ranma 1/2: I detest this guy. He is an arrogant, cocky, and abrasive jerk who is sexist, transphobic (even though he turns into a girl >_>), and homophobic. I also hate how verbally and emotionally abusive he is towards Akane, even though he allegedly loves her.

5. Akane Tendou from Ranma 1/2: She is just as despicable as Ranma. Overall, she is rude, irritatingly stubborn, extremely possessive, and prone to fits of irrational jealousy. She is also stupid. How could she not have figured out Ryoga is P-Chan when he is still wearing his bandanna as a pig? Lets not forget that she is supposedly in love with Ranma even though he treats her terribly (and I am aware that she is physically abusive towards him, but that is usually in response to the verbal assaults he directs at her. Also, considering how much she and Ranma complain about each other, neither one of them appears to be masochistic). Like Ranma, she is also transphobic and homophobic. Furthermore, I hate how she aspires to be a housewife to please Ranma when she really does not desire to be one. Feminist role-model? Give me a break XD

6. Actually, just about every Ranma 1/2 character except Nabiki.

7. Everyone from Inuyasha except Kagura.

8. Lina Inverse from The Slayers: What an awful character. She is exceedingly rude, arrogant, selfish, and greedy without having ANY redeeming qualities to her personality. I know The Slayers is meant to be a parody of anime franchises and Lina is designed to be a spoof on tsunderes, but her personality was still too grating for me to take. In fact, I hated her so much that I was happy when she died in the first season (shame that she came back to life).

9. Everyone else from The Slayers. The only character from the series who I could somewhat tolerate was Xellos, but even he got on my nerves through the way he exaggerated being a "Mysterious Priest."

10. Shirley from Code Geass: When it comes down to it, she was an annoying two-dimensional fangirl who did not have any depth beyond being obsessed with "Lulu." I am glad that she did not end up with Lelouch but died instead (besides, Lelouch never showed any romantic interest in her. If he suddenly fell for her and they did become a romantic couple, it would have been just as awkward as the kiss he shared with C.C. at the end of season 1).

Last edited:

Waldorf

ungrateful
Oh since you guys are talking about Code Geass,

I hated everyone in that show. I hated Lelouch, I hated Nunnally, I hated Kallen, I hated Shirley, I hated Euphemia, I hated Suzaku, I hated Rolo, I hated Nina and I also hated Orenji-kuuun.

No wait, I did not hate Cornelia. She was cool.

I hated everyone in that show. I hated Lelouch, I hated Nunnally, I hated Kallen, I hated Shirley, I hated Euphemia, I hated Suzaku, I hated Rolo, I hated Nina and I also hated Orenji-kuuun.

Basically this. The series was modestly enjoyable, but the characters were all, on some level, unpleasant to endure. Part of this is probably what made the series so widely-loved. These days, though, the series fills me with utter schadenfreude if not blatant disgust. Especially Rolo and Lelouch.

If I haven't mentioned it lately, reflection has led me to really be displeased with Chikane of Kannazuki no Miko. I know, it is made for an audience dumb enough to think that that is how people work at all, but they could have the decency to make the bland protagonist's love interest NOT kicking dust over he thin line between desperately misguided and completely ****ing psychotic.

rk9growlithe

The Arcanine Trainer
Buu from Dragon Ball Z
The abilities and it's design as a character annoy me, he's supposed to be this indestructible looney toons character thing that can't die, then for the sake of finding an ending to this flawless villain he dies. I guess I'm hating more on the story writing here than the character.

I feel the exact same way...to make it worse, he just turns into a good version named UUB. VERY CREATIVE!

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

How can you hate Jeremiah?!!?!!!! He was all kinds of epic.

Flame Mistress

I hate Paul from Pokemon, for being so arrogant and calling everyone pathetic. I would've beaten him up by now if I were Ash. Same goes for all others like Paul in alternate anime.

Musa Redfield

Wily Professor
I hate Paul from Pokemon, for being so arrogant and calling everyone pathetic. I would've beaten him up by now if I were Ash. Same goes for all others like Paul in alternate anime.
I cannot believe I forgot about Paul. I hate him. He was a typical bitter, callous rival who was arrogant and self-absorbed. What was so special about him? His character was one of the most irritating archetypes that exists in anime. I get that he beat Ash once, but that does not negate how grating his personality was. Furthermore, I am not impressed by the fact that he beat Ash once. So did Gary, and both he and Paul were defeated by Ash in their second battles with him.

For the record, I never hated Gary. He may have initially been a jerk, but the fact that he was a player with a group of fangirl cheerleaders was funny. Unlike Drew, I also liked his character development, since he changed out of realizing he had an overinflated ego and needed to become more grounded if he was to improve as a trainer (though I did not like how he later became a Pokemon researcher).

While we are on the subject of douche bag rival characters, I hated Seto Kaiba in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters series beyond the Duelist Kingdom saga. After Duelist Kingdom, his character became an entirely selfish, arrogant, and rude jerk who was completely consumed by his lust for power. While Seto was an *** in the Duelist Kingdom saga, he was still shown to have a sense of honor and to be a relatively level headed person (of course, this is after his Mind Crush). When you have Seto willing to sacrifice Mokuba for his own ends in the film, you know there is something wrong with his characterization, since we all know he never would have done that in Duelist Kingdom (though I am not sure if the film is considered canonical, since it was made by 4Kids. Still, it was eventually dubbed into Japanese, so it probably is considered a part of the anime's storyline). He also became an idiot who refused to acknowledge what was going on around him, even when it was right in his face. However, I have read that his character is more likable in the Japanese version of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters, so perhaps I would like him there.

Speaking of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters characters, I detested Mokuba. He was a two-dimensional irritating child character whose sole purpose was to continually be rescued in the plot by either Yugi/Yami Yugi or Seto. Serenity also got on my nerves, since she was designed as a holier-than-thou Mary-Sue whose personality was sickeningly sweet and innocent to the point of being highly unrealistic. Additionally, I thought Rebecca was a pain, since she was a rude, arrogant brat. Cannot forget about Yami Yugi and Tea. Yami Yugi was a self-absorbed, arrogant glory hog who constantly relied on The Heart of the Cards in order to win his duels, not to mention his Heart of the Cards and friendship speeches were grating (though I have read he does not make as many of them in the Japanese version). As for Tea, her rants about friendship are painful to endure. However, I have read that she does not make them as often in the Japanese version.

Last edited:

Rocketeer

K-9 Brigade
I really hate Alois Trancy from Kuroshitsuji.
Spoiled piece of - nnnngggg!!

Also, Misa from Death Note - dang that chick is annoying as hell. Most anime girls are over the top and attention seekers anyway, but this is big.

Vernikova

Champion
I cannot believe I forgot about Paul. I hate him. He was a typical bitter, callous rival who was arrogant and self-absorbed. What was so special about him? His character was one of the most irritating archetypes that exists in anime. I get that he beat Ash once, but that does not negate how grating his personality was. Furthermore, I am not impressed by the fact that he beat Ash once. So did Gary, and both he and Paul were defeated by Ash in their second battles with him.

They both beat Ash more than once. What was special about Paul was that he wasn't so happy-go-lucky or whatever like 99% of everyone of the show and I guess fans must've liked that. Plus his battles were interesting. Also, unlike most of Ash's other rivals, he actually received proper development and was a present force for most of the series. Not like Gary.

For the record, I never hated Gary. He may have initially been a jerk, but the fact that he was a player with a group of fangirl cheerleaders was funny. Unlike Drew, I also liked his character development, since he changed out of realizing he had an overinflated ego and needed to become more grounded if he was to improve as a trainer (though I did not like how he later became a Pokemon researcher).

Gary's change was weird. He appeared like three times in Johto and then he loses to Ash once and his whole personality changes? No.

After Duelist Kingdom, his character became an entirely selfish, arrogant, and rude jerk who was completely consumed by his lust for power. While Seto was an *** in the Duelist Kingdom saga, he was still shown to have a sense of honor and to be a relatively level headed person (of course, this is after his Mind Crush). When you have Seto willing to sacrifice Mokuba for his own ends in the film, you know there is something wrong with his characterization, since we all know he never would have done that in Duelist Kingdom

He was always a selfish ***. After Duelist Kingdom, it was shown that Kaiba still cared about Mokuba. Really, the only things he cared about in that series was becoming the best duelist again and Mokuba. Really, his character was the same throughout the show.