• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animé Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimori Kiryu

Just a shame the American anime industry hates my country and refuses to show them.
It's not that the American anime industry hates your country, it's that they're not allowed to show it in your country without holding the copyright. :/

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
I'm still looking for a new anime to get into...
One's I've watched and liked before are Code Geass, Death Note, Loveless, Wolf's Rain, Shugo Chara, .hack//SIGN, and Ouran Host Club.
Based on those, anyone know one that I might enjoy~?

Cobalt_Latios

I have a few suggestions, but I doubt they'll pass through. My sister actually got me into one of them, and the other one... well, to say that the comedy of it kept me watching was the reason.

Aw hell, no ones gonna look at this anyways.

So (assuming you're going dubbed) here (the ones that I've liked) :
- Spider Riders (it's a kids show, but I still thought it was entertaining. I don't exactly know how you'd go about finding it, but if you do, it's pretty decent)
- Gurren Lagann
- Eureka Seven

Shows I know of, but haven't really watched them... much:
- D-Greyman (ugh... my memory is faulting me... second show I forget the spelling of)
- Shakugan no Shana (has some funny moments to it... probably why I've watched a few)
- ... that's all I have

Anyhow.

*C_L*

Mimori Kiryu

I'm still looking for a new anime to get into...
One's I've watched and liked before are Code Geass, Death Note, Loveless, Wolf's Rain, Shugo Chara, .hack//SIGN, and Ouran Host Club.
Based on those, anyone know one that I might enjoy~?
If you liked Loveless, I'm pretty sure you'll like Gravitation. It's another light shounen-ai series with some pretty cool music (the main character has a band). As for the others, for Shugo Chara, I'll bet you like Mamotte! Lollipop. My friend likes both. XD And then....hmmm....I'll have to think of the others. :D

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
If you liked Loveless, I'm pretty sure you'll like Gravitation. It's another light shounen-ai series with some pretty cool music (the main character has a band). As for the others, for Shugo Chara, I'll bet you like Mamotte! Lollipop. My friend likes both. XD And then....hmmm....I'll have to think of the others. :D

I've actually watched Gravitaion and Shugo Chara (I forgot to add them XD) I haven't heard of Mamotte! Lollipop though, I'll have to look it up~!
Thanks~!

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
I would suggest Gundam Wing to anybody who doesn't mind hearing the D word and is okay with giants Robots. It's only got 45 episodes, but I thought it was really good. Can't say about the other Gundam series, because I've only seen Wing.

As much as I love the Anime, I would not suggest Ronin Warriors unless you like cheesy lines, corniness, it being only 39 episodes, and pretty stale animation. Gawsh, I love that show so much. Yes I'm weird like that.
Oh yeah, and an annoying brat WHO WILL NEVER LEAVE THEM ALONE. That's one of the few things I hate about that show.

To be honest, I've heard of almost none of these animes people are talking about. But maybe I'll check them out eventually...

Last edited:

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Anybody that likes Key's works or relationship-driven anime in general should check out Clannad (and Clannad: After Story). Very heartwarming in places, very sad in some, and funny in others. Also has a great soundtrack. Highly recommended.

I also back up Cobalt Latios' recommendation of Gurren Lagann. Pretty much the anime equivalent of Saturday morning cartoons. Very hot-blooded and fun to watch.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
Ouran High School Host Club!!! It's a great anime, I thought I would hate it since it's about Pretty Boys and stuff. Thought I would hate it then I watched it and I was shocked at how I liked it even at the odd bits where your like umm what? But It's really funny great music and is a good anime.

Cobalt_Latios

Ouran High School Host Club!!! It's a great anime, I thought I would hate it since it's about Pretty Boys and stuff. Thought I would hate it then I watched it and I was shocked at how I liked it even at the odd bits where your like umm what? But It's really funny great music and is a good anime.
I'll be honest, there are some very entertaining little bits here and there. I haven't seen it much at all, but what I have seen, are just hilarious.

*C_L*

Gibber

Anybody that likes Key's works or relationship-driven anime in general should check out Clannad (and Clannad: After Story). Very heartwarming in places, very sad in some, and funny in others. Also has a great soundtrack. Highly recommended.

I also back up Cobalt Latios' recommendation of Gurren Lagann. Pretty much the anime equivalent of Saturday morning cartoons. Very hot-blooded and fun to watch.

+1
Any of the Key/KyoAni adaptions are amazing: Clannad+AfterStory, Kanon, and Air. All 3 are very touching, romantic, funny, and just emotional altogether; I can't really describe stuff but they're good.

Anime-Ash

Recommending the 1st Pretty Cure sereis(cuz thats the only one I've seen). I haven't watched the subs, but the dub is really faithful to the Japanese episodes, and a reaally interesting series also.

Sol49867

i would suggest Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z-Hen. its a retelling of the original and it follows the original manga storyline which is more dark and violent than the old 1972 Mazinger Z. if any1 is gonna watch it just a little heads up, episode 1 will most likely confuse you or w/e cause it show bits of whats gonna happen in the future.

GloomyHaruka

They/them
I would suggest Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.
It's fairly new, and they finished making the ep. so you wont have to wait for the new releases.
At first I wasn't going to watch it because it sounded a bit plain at first, but I'm glad I watched it. It became one of my new favourite anime's of all times.~
It is a REAL tear jerker. I honestly haven't cried that hard in a long time.
It's basically about a girl who goes to a robot exhibition when a sudden (and powerful) earthquake hit's Tokyo. And they have to survive the 'after shock' of it and get back home. Trust me, watch it.
I would suggest (even though most people know about it) Gurren Lagann.
That anime had a way of just firing people up! And had real twist's.~ Honestly when you watch it you're going to be like 'Wow, I wasn't expecting that'. But of course in a goos way.xD
Some people thought there were 'too many filler's'. But personally I really didn't find there were any. Only time I thought there were was a bit of the ending and around the middle where they did a 'recap' of the series.
Anyway, it's a great anime. Powerful, great animation, both dubbed and original Japanese voices were amazing, and a good (yet sad) ending.
It's a mecha anime, but even if you're not really into that I'd still suggest it. This anime is what made me like mecha more.
I would also suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion. I still have maybe like 3 more ep. to go.xD But it's it's it's just so wonderful!!! <3
Although I have to warn you, this is more for people that have a taste for psychological anime with some gore here and there.
At the beginning it may seem pretty slow, but that's what makes it so unique. It doesn't jump into action right away. Nor is it a 'filler'. It's laid out just right. The creators of Evangelion are just amazing story tellers.
Throughout the anime, you'll see another world. But the way it was written with so much detail is incredible. It's as if it did exist in this world at one point. Evangelion was named one of the best anime's in the 90's. There are also some movies (which I haven't seen yet) but I hear they are good.~
Anyway watch it.8D
Anyway, I have A LOOOOOOOOOOT more suggestion's, but I'll see if anyone actually read this.xD
Oh also,

@The Doctor I love your signature.xD May I ask where the clip is from? Like a movie or something. c: I like those types of scenes where it's all glitched and freaky like that.xD

ParaChomp

be your own guru
=__='

This is going to be locked...unless we start using it again.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I would also suggest Neon Genesis Evangelion. I still have maybe like 3 more ep. to go.xD But it's it's it's just so wonderful!!! <3

I might wanna hold off on that... The last two episodes are notorious for being horrible. Even if you try and get SOME artistic value out of the anime equivalent of "crap we ran outta money throw dirt at the screen" Shinji's complete character 180 in the last 30 seconds is just stupid.

But yeah, Gurren Lagann all the way. And Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.