• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animé Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anime-Ash

Animé Suggestion Thread

This thread allows people to give suggestions on animes they think other will enjoy. It also lets people ask for an anime suggestion, if they would like an anime to watch. I think it's a good idea, so discuss and suggest away.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
First one I would suggest is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. It is a great anime with a mix of action, comedy, and mystery. Detective Conan is another excellent anime to watch.

Anime-Ash

I'm actually looking for something similar to Death Note. Would Code Geass be one of them. Any suggestions?

Lucille

I'm actually looking for something similar to Death Note. Would Code Geass be one of them. Any suggestions?

I heard Hellsing was kinda similar to Death Note, might be like Bleach

-Raiga-

Code Geass is roughly similar to Death Note, at least main character wise. While I got bored with it halfway through, it is only 50 episodes long if I recall, so it shouldn't be hard to finish.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
What is Death Note about? Could someone give me a summary?

This guy has a notebook or something and when he writes a name on it that person dies. He can write down how they die too, but if he doesn't they die of a heart attack. I don't know the plot of it though.

If you want something like Death Note then your results will be slim. Try Detective Conan. It's a nice long ongoing series. It would be hard to catch up though. It has around 520 episodes, give or take.

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
What is Death Note about? Could someone give me a summary?

A student, Light Yagami, finds the Death Note, "whoever's name is written in shall die", (yeah I'm sure you've heard). Though straightforward with his studies, he is keenly in touch with criminal news. The crime rate's raise was alarming, and he learns even further details because he is the son of one of the Police Chiefs. Later believing he could no longer rely on the police or government, he took matters into his own hands and killed criminals with the Death Note in secret. Inmates or running free, they died. Light wanted to cleanse the Earth of all crimes. He would only leave good people in his "new world", and become a god.

Considering how several cardiac arrests for spread-out criminals in a short timespan couldn't have been coincidence, the detectives and police gathered to discuss how to deal with the matter. Some sided with the newly-dubbed 'Kira' (derived from 'killer'), and others objected, saying that even if Kira was killing criminals, it is still murder.

They hired L, the world's greatest detective, to uncover the identity of Kira. And Kira in defense vowed to find out L's face and name to kill him first.
------
Yeah that was just on the spot... I haven't watched/read in a while but that's the main jist. Don't look for fighting action too much in this series (though they're cool when they show up), the franchise tackles the intellectual side more.

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

I definitely suggest BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad to anyone who's a lover of music. It's a great show with a realistic feel of what really happens to a band who tries to make it with a slice of life thrown in. The English dub really makes this show too. In reality, I'm not even into music that much, but this show just touched me in so many ways. I love it - and I'm sure you will too. :)

Mimori Kiryu

Code Geass and Death Note have very similar qualities. Both main characters gain the ability to change the world to what they desire, but that's where the similarities end. Lelouch Lamperouge actually has a heart and doesn't let the power take over his emotions or anything like that. Light Yagami kinda goes insane with power, but Lelouch is stronger than that. He works with his power and tries to not do anything to harm those innocent, only those who have forced their power on someone else without any regret or care. Code Geass plays better with the power balance in my opinion. If you did like Death Note, you will probably like Code Geass, probably even more. I know I did. =D

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
I recommend to anyone to watch Keroro Gunso, its one of the most popular animes in Japan and ts funny as hell!~

Mimori Kiryu

Okk, thanks I'll check out the dubbed version of Code Geass.
I suggest checking out RightStuf.com for DVDs of the series relatively cheap. :)

Anime-Ash

Ohh ok, I'll probabaly watch it dubbed though.
And I also, recommend/suggest Death Note, an amazing anime series, that I think many will like.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Ghost in the Shell is a good series. Worth a watch. Also Eureka Seven

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I suggest checking out RightStuf.com for DVDs of the series relatively cheap. :)

so you know, Bandai's Youtube page has put up the first series for free (and legal) viewing. Both the dubs and subs are available, too. You can also find free anime on Funimation and Gonzo's channels, among others.

Mimori Kiryu

so you know, Bandai's Youtube page has put up the first series for free (and legal) viewing. Both the dubs and subs are available, too. You can also find free anime on Funimation and Gonzo's channels, among others.
I know, I just always advertise RightStuf when I can just because they're that awesome. x3

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner

Just a shame the American anime industry hates my country and refuses to show them.

Status
Not open for further replies.