• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animé Voice Actors in Non-Animé Roles

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Animé Voice Actors in Non-Animé Roles

Title says it all. I have an odd feeling that superhero cartoons will be brought up a lot.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Let's get the big ones outta the way!

Steve Blum as Wolverine
Yuri Lowenthal as Ben 10
Johnny Yong Bosch as Adam Park (Power Rangers)

There, done. Now on to more obscure stuff! I didn't even notice it at first but Vic Mignogna was in this Fallout 3 fan film. (Also it's written by the hilarious Brian Clevinger so check it out)

Last edited:

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
well if you count cartoons as non-anime then
Nia from gurren lagann is voiced by Hynden Walch the person who voices Starfire from teen titans and Princess Bubble Gum from Adventure Time

Edit: Tony Oliver (voice of Ulquiorra from bleach) has also worked on power rangers IDK if its voice or not wikipedia wont tell me -_-

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Has anyone heard Steve Blum's Starscream in Transformers Prime? It's outstandingly awesome.

Then there's Crispin Freeman's Electro in Spectacular Spider-Man which is also good. Steve Blum's also in there voicing the Green Goblin.

Also, what did I tell you guys, loads of superhero cartoons.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
How about video games? Yuri Lowenthal is the friggin' Prince of Persia. Steve Blum is Jack Cayman, Grayson Hunt from Madworld and Bulletstorm respectively. There are countless other roles they have those are just some of the most prominent.

And let's not get started on JRPGs that might as well be anime. Take almost any JRPG and you'll see how littered they are with anime dub actors.

BCVM22

What makes any of these individuals "anime dub actors" as opposed to "voice actors whose work happens to include anime", as is so often the case in North American voice acting?

It's so unnecessarily limiting to think of them solely in regards to one type of work they do.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
People that usually do voice work for anime that are in other media. That's what I mean. Sorry if I offended you.

How about video games? Yuri Lowenthal is the friggin' Prince of Persia. Steve Blum is Jack Cayman, Grayson Hunt from Madworld and Bulletstorm respectively. There are countless other roles they have those are just some of the most prominent.

And let's not get started on JRPGs that might as well be anime. Take almost any JRPG and you'll see how littered they are with anime dub actors.
Games count as long as they aren't Japanese.

SmartD

Aki's japanese voice actress from Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's played Jasmine from Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger.

Medea

Excalibur
Well first, I'd like to bring up Mona Marshall (who plays Jun on Rozen Maiden and is the new Ryoko on Tenchi Muyo series) is a regular on South Park.

And another one is Todd Haberkorn (Ling on FMA:Brotherhood, Death the Kid on Soul Eater, and a butt-load of other roles) was on Barney & Friends as Mr. Knickerbocker. Yes, no lie.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
And another one is Todd Haberkorn (Ling on FMA:Brotherhood, Death the Kid on Soul Eater, and a butt-load of other roles) was on Barney & Friends as Mr. Knickerbocker. Yes, no lie.
Oh, dear Lord!

I'm totally telling Chris Sabat and Vic Mignogna this next convention!

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
You know when you hear a voice actor but when you see them in person your image of how they looked in your head is completely shattered?

Well that's actually exactly what I thought Todd Haberkorn would look like BUT WHY IN GOD'S NAME IS HE ON STILTS DANCING WITH DINOSAURS?!

I've heard that Travis Willingham is the voice of several characters in that super hero squad show, I haven't seen it but the one I find most amusing is that he plays Human Torch.
Also if it counts, most of the cast in Kappa Mikey is anime voice actors.