• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Based Pokemon Face-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Fire

Land Shark =O~~~
Animal Based Pokemon Face-Off

In this face off many of the animal based pokemon will be put up against eachother to see who is the number one pokemon in each category of animals. The categories are: Birds, Insects, Reptiles, Amphibians, Fish, and Mammals. In the end to conclude the winner and finalists from each category will duke it out for bragging rights.

Unlike most face-offs where pokemon with similarities are put up against eachother, the prelims will be done randomly by a number generator (this one to be specific ------>http://www.random.org/nform.html). The semis and onwards I will try to put similar pokemon up against eachother.

I will try to update every so often, but if a pokemon gets more then ten votes when I do check this thread it will be crowned the winner. If I am not here by the tenth vote, there's still time to vote. In case of a tie the face-off will fo into a sudden death elimination vote, whoever gets the next vote wins.

Lastly, if you have suggestions or concerns you can post them here and I will do my best to answer them. Also if you feel that a pokemon should be added to the face-off or removed please let me know why you think so, and I will see what should happen with that pokemon.

So let’s begin…

Bird Barrage

Competitors: Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Spearow, Fearow, Psyduck, Golduck, Farfetch’d, Doduo, Dodrio, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Natu, Xatu, Delibird, Skarmory, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Taillow, Swellow, Wingull, Pelliper, Swablu, Alatria.

Past Face-Offs:
Qualification Rounds
Golduck vs. Torchic
Articuno vs. Wingull
Pidgey vs. Skarmory
Farfetch'd vs. Zapdos
Noctowl vs. Pelliper
Spearow vs. Xatu
Delibird vs. Taillow
Pidgeot vs. Swellow
Doduo vs. Moltres
Blaziken vs. Alatria
Hoothoot vs. Combusken
Pidgeotto vs. Swablu
Natu vs. Lugia
Psyduck vs. Dodrio
Fearow vs. Ho-Oh

Quarter Finals
Pidgeotto vs. Hoothoot
Moltres vs. Ho-Oh
Zapdos vs. Lugia
Pidgeot vs. Noctowl

Past Winners:
Bird Barrage
Insect Invasion
Reptile Rampage
Amphibian Attack
Fish Fray
Mammal Maraud

. :: . :: . . :: . :: . . :: . :: . . :: . :: . . :: . :: . . :: . :: . . :: . :: . . :: . :: .
Currnet Face Off

pkrs220.gif
Pidgeot vs. Noctowl
pkrs319.gif

Last edited:

Dark Fire

Land Shark =O~~~
Hmm for some reason the pics won't load on my comp. can anybody confirm whether Golduck and Torchic in fact had shown up?

C

Cipher Admin Anti-Shipping

no it isn't...in the ou metagame blaziken is not used.

stupid anime nubs who dont know anything about competitive battling. stupid anime nubs who like torchic just because its cuter...golduck is better anyway, at least it doesn't act all annoying

Shigaiko

apocalypse please
My vote goes to Torchic. I can't stand Psyduck, which happens to be Golduck's pre-evolution. </obligatory> :eek:

Dark Fire said:
Hmm for some reason the pics won't load on my comp. can anybody confirm whether Golduck and Torchic in fact had shown up?
They work fine for me.

Dark Fire

Land Shark =O~~~
pkrs159.gif
Golduck - 6
pkrs004.gif
Torchic - 5

They work fine for me.
Yeah, my comp. feels like being nice again, so I can see them now.

Last edited:
R

ROBEATSKEE1

Good job on your first face off DF
My vote goes to golduck!

Status
Not open for further replies.