• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go To The City Discussion Thread.

The Baron

do i dazzle you?
Here is the boxart for PAL regions. http://i35.*******.com/35iajxk.jpg

Peter Quill

star-lord
XD

The whole Gracie hit and run thing.

Anyways, I hope they keep Brewster he was awesome. Also My DS is screwed I typed the password but I can't still buy anything. SO NO PASSWORD!!!

pkmn_GSC

Have a nice day.
Just for kicks and giggles? Looks like the name Trollebi might apply more to you than to the actual user of that name?

Hmm why so?
But no seriously, why would that nessessary? The game is likely gonna cost more in japan, and comes out later, so unless you are like fluent in japanese and own an imported japanese region Wii, or the game is sold out here, or you don't have a USA Region Wii...

I am really excited for this game, if the majority of the developers weren't working on the mii channel (really? Like is that a myth or something, I heard that somewhere.) I would be surprised if this would not have been a launch game, or within the like 2 month launch "Window" or whatever, given the situation.

*also off topic- why is missingno. a smiley here? ;000;*

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
AC all known info!

Because I'm nice, I shall show you a list from a site I know. The list is from here, and you can get the same information on this site here. I did not make this, but if you don't feel like checking it yourself, I shall update the list every-now-and-then.

Release Date
Japanese release to be November 20th
North American release date is now confirmed to be November 16th.
UK release date to be December 08

Basic Information
- The game uses the WiiConnect24 feature.
- You have the ability to use a new Wii device titled WiiSpeak. WiiSpeak will be sold separately for $30 or sold with Animal Crossing: City Folk in a bundle for $60 (Now $10 cheaper for some reason) at participating retailers.
- You can send letters in-game to Wii Message Boards, Email Addresses, and Cell Phones.
- DS - Wii Connectivity is used. At the start of your game you are able to use a "DS Suitcase" to transfer your character, their current shirt, and their catalog from Wild World to City Folk. Hats and accessories that are on the character will not transfer nor will items in the inventory. Bells also do not transfer.
- You can take pictures in-game and send them to other people and Wii Message Boards (Most likely they are sent to the same places letters can be sent.) Pictures can be saved to your SD Card.
- You can use the WiiMote or the WiiMote/Nunchuk combination to play.
- Pointing the WiiMote towards the bottom of the screen opens up a tabbed menu, so you don't have to hit 'start'.
- The Clock/Date is in the top left of the screen instead of the bottom right and has a new look.
- The in-game keyboard has a new design.
- So far the only motion controls are jerking the fishing rod to reel in a fish and pointing and clicking if you count that. It is unknown as to if there will be more.
- Pattern Creating is more in depth now allowing you to create the back, front, and sleeves of the shirt. Sleeves are designed separately.
- It was said that there will be free and frequent DLC (Downloadable Content) such as furniture, wallpaper, carpet, clothes, etc.
- There will be no old school games in this game due to the fact that the Wii has Virtual Console. (This means no NES games or anything to that effect.)
- The same problems from Wild World are experienced in City Folk when a player disconnects from a Wi-Fi session.
- During Wi-Fi four people can be in a building/room at once.
- The weather channel has no effect on the game.
- The question Tortimer asks in the beginning of the game is "What is your favorite animal?" and your choices are cat, pelican, raccoon, or turtle.

Character
- You can get a Mii's face and hair. This is a Mii Mask and is stored in a Mii Slot in your 'Patterns Page.' You cannot wear hats or accessories with this on.
- The back, front, and sleeves are different on shirts now.
- All previous tools are returning.
- Each character recieves their own house.
- 4 Player Characters per town.
- 4 Player Characters per Wi-Fi session.
- Character Inventory = 15 Slots (Once again.)
- Wallet size is the same.
- You can now switch tools with the D-Pad.
- Emotions are never discarded.
- New digging animation. (May be Wi-Fi only.)
- You can kick dirt into holes. (This was in Wild World but not widely known.
- New hairstyles are available.

Town
- Hills/Cliffs are returning to the town's terrain.
- There is a bus station that takes you to the city.
- You arrive in town for the first time by bus.
- Town Gate is behind the bus station and its functions are the same as in Wild World.
- Tom Nook has the same ol' shop and it can still get upgraded.
- Able Sister's still holds 8 designs, they are put up for viewing as 4 umbrellas and 4 shirts like in the GC version. The outside has been noticeably graphically improved. You can create and store patterns, buy clothes, hats and accessories but you can no longer sell in Able's shop.
- The museum is back. Confirmed sections are Fossils, Insects, and Fish.
- Gyroids are still dug out of the ground.
- The Recycling Bin is back and located in the same spot as Wild World (In the Town Hall)
- All old fruit is returning and there has been no confirmation of new fruit.
- The player can choose between 4 randomly placed houses at the start of their game.
- Snowmen can still be built in the winter.
- Constellations are returning.
- Tom Nook Bonus Point System is returning. It is unknown as to if the discounts are the same.
- There is a town flag again.
- Nook's and Able's are no longer bunched together.
- Maps are still randomly generated at the start of a game.
- The town features the rolling log effect like in Wild World.
- There is room for 10 and maybe more neighbors in town.
- Floating presents are returning.
- Pascal is returning.
- Characters roam the outdoors during Wi-Fi.
- The Coffee Shop and Brewster are in the basement of The Museum again.
- The Observatory and Celeste are in the upstairs of the museum again.
- New fish and insects will be in town.
- New animal species will be featured.
- When you first get your house you have a lamp on top of a box, a tape deck, and an ugly carpet and wallpaper.
- Bees are returning and they're still in trees.
- Pitfalls are still buried randomly.
- Villagers still carry tools around with them.
- Weeds are returning. (No way!)
- The basement upgrade for your house is returning.
- You can still place patterns in the form of a tile on the ground.
- Town Hall has recieved some renovations since we saw it last. Pelly/Phyllis will be in charge of the Civic Center and Post Office only. All Banking will be done at the BTM (Bell Transfer Machine) in the bottom left of the building. The recycling bin is still on the right side. Tortimer can be found standing in the Town Hall at the start of your game instead of in the plaza like in Wild World. Some events will still be held in the plaza outside the Town Hall.
- Four Leaf Clovers are returning.
- K.K. performs at the Roost and there are up to 4 chairs for you to watch a concert on Wi-Fi with your friends.
- New flower types.

City
- From left to right, the city is laid out like this: Redd's Black Market, Theatre, BTM, HRA Headquarters, GracieGrace, Auction House, Shoe Shiner, Harriet's Beauty Salon, and Resetti. Also in the very front of the city is the bus stop. (There may be more but from a tour of the city in the demo by Nintendo this is all there was.)
- Redd is in the blue door on the far left of the city. You need a password to get inside.
- There is a theatre ran by Dr. Shrunk. You pay an 800 bell entrance fee and watch a quick play and learn an emotion.
- There is a BTM Machine located in the city. (Like the one in thet Post Office.)
- Lyle runs the HRA Headquarters where you can see the top scoring players' scores, and a display room (possibly a whole house) which shows how certain top scorer's houses are decorated.
- Gracie has a store in the city called GracieGrace (Oh how I wish there was a space in that.) GracieGrace sells seasonal furniture and clothing. The store is run by Labelle (presumably a relative to the Able Sisters.) The store is very expensive.
- There is an auction house ran by Lloid the Gyroid. You can place bids on friends' items here or put up your own items for sale for your friends to bid on.
- There is a skunk character, named Kicks, who is the shoe shiner. Pay him 500 bells and he will change the color of your shoes. You can have him match them to look like the dominant color of your shirt or choose the color yourself.
- Harriet's Beauty Salon is mostly the same as it was in Wild World. You can go in and get a haircut or get a Mii Mask.
- Resetti is spotted at night sometimes behind two traffic cones at the end of the sidewalk/road in the city some days. He is much calmer then. (This is on the East Side.)
- Villagers visit the insides of stores and roam the outside of the city.

Holidays
- Bunny Day (Easter) - "For example, during spring we’ve got a special visitor who brings paint and eggs so you can have an egg hunt" - Eguchi. Zipper T. Bunny is the special character for this event.
- Halloween - You can now wear a costume and Jack may be making his return.
- New Years - Same as always from the looks of it. But really, what can you do with New Years haha.
- 'Carnival' - Nothing much is known, except that there will be a special chracacter for it.
- Thanksgiving - This holiday is most likely back with Franklin being on the box art, but it is unknown as to if it has recieved any changes.
- 'Christmas' - Jingle is returning but we do not know what the holiday for him/her (I forgot what it was ) will be called or what it will entail.

Other
- Katrina is returning but its unknown as to where she will be located and as to if she will be doing the same thing.

Villagers

Alligators
Alfonso

Anteaters
Pango
Antonio
Cyrano

Apes
Jane

Bears
Curt

Birds
Jitters
Robin
Twiggy

Cats
Punchy
Mitzi

Dogs
Biskit
Bones
Walker
Portia
Goldie
Cookie
Lucky

Ducks
Maelle
Bill
Deena
Drake
Freckles

Elephants
Axel
Big Top
Margie

Frogs
Lily
Drift
Jambette

Goats
Nan

Hippopotamuses
Rocco
Brownish yellow Hippo with facial hair (NEW)

Horses
Victoria
Savannah
Buck
Winnie
Elmer
Solid white horse (NEW)

Koalas
Alice
Sydney

Monkies
Elise
Tammi
Yellow and white monkey (NEW)

Mice
Rizzo
Dora
Blue mouse with orange hair (New? Not a good view.)

Parrots
Amelia
Another parrot (Again, not a good view, could be new or old)

Penguins
Boomer
Hopper

Pigs
Truffles
Lucy
Pink pig with straight brown hair (NEW)
Blue pig (NEW)

Rabbits
Gaston
Coco
Bunnie
Dotty
White rabbit with anime-ish face (NEW)

Rhinoceroses
Tank

Squirrels
Mint
Hazel/Sally (The orange one)
Static
Agent S

Teddy Bears
Bluebear
Poncho

Wolves
Fang

Special Villagers
Tom Nook - Shopkeeper - Nook’s Shop
Mabel - Shopkeeper - Able Sisters’
Sable - Shopkeeper - Able Sisters’
Tortimer - Mayor - Town Hall
Phyllis - Receptionist (Night Shift) - Town Hall
Pelly - Receptionist (Day Shift) - Town Hall
Brewster - Barkeep - The Roost (Museum)
Celeste - Astronomer - Observatory (Museum)
Blathers - Curator - Museum Lobby
Copper - Guard - Gate
Booker - Guard - Gate

City Folk
Dr. Shrunk - Actor - Theater
Harriet - Hairdresser - Harriet’s Beauty Salon
Lyle - Office Manager - HRA Headquarters
Lloid - Auctioneer - Auction House
Redd - Shopkeeper - Black Market
Kicks - Shoe Shiner - Run-Down Building
Resetti - ? - East City
Labelle - Shopkeeper - GracieGrace

Special Visitors
Pascal - ? - Rivers (And maybe ocean)
Jingle - ? - ?
K.K. Slider - Performer - The Roost at 8 PM Saturdays.
Katrina - ? - ?
Zipper T. Bunny - Easter Bunny - ?
Franklin - ? - ? (Thanksgiving)
? - ? - Carnival

Bus Riders
Kapp’n - Driver- Chats for about 30 seconds to and from the city
Rover - Motormouth - Asks the face questions and reads the menu at the beginning of the game.

Place on front page anyone?

I shall update or repost the list on sunday, when the creator of the list is no-longer banned off the website i got it from.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!

pkmn_GSC

Have a nice day.
Isn't the Japanese Date 11/20/08? that's what the japanese Nintendo Site Says.

Of course I could be wrong since I can't actually read Japanese at all but my common sense says it isn't released on the 20th month on the 11th day.

EDIT: Also, there is an article on nintendo's NA website saying it's coming out on the 16 of November.

Last edited:

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I can't wait for this, even though I think it's better on handheld! I'm still extremely excited for it!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I can't wait for this, even though I think it's better on handheld! I'm still extremely excited for it!

I haven't played the first (known as Population Growing by most), but apparently WW had a lot of things cut, with a lot less new features then features cut. CF has a lot of these features return from PG, but I agree AC's type of game works better on a handheld.

AC-DSi anyone?

pkmn_GSC

Have a nice day.
AC: DSi isn't smart business wise. They can make features for the DSi but not allowing it to be played on DS/Lite is like alienating most of their AC Fans.

Edit: Wait thats way OT...
What new features have been confirmed like motion controls weren't on the E3 demo but somewhere I heard that it will be in.

Last edited:

HoennMaster

I'm so excited for this. Animal Crossing was th reason why I got a Gamecube instead of a PS2 (LOL). I am glad this game is finally coming out. I never bought Wild World so the wait has been too long!

The Baron

do i dazzle you?
I am getting even more excited for this since I have been reading what is in it. I really want to know what the Australian Release Date is.
For the version that Is released in Australia, Would it still have Thanksgiving or would it not be in it, since wee Australians don't have Thanksgiving?

Last edited:

Wat.
Well, a game store in my town had its poster in the window, right beside Guitar hero World tour. Both have bundles above 50 dollars avaible.

PkmnTrainerJ

It looks nice, though "Let's Go To The City" sounds silly. Why could they have not left it at "City Folk" for EU too?