• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go To The City Discussion Thread.

Suikami

Exploring the void
It might work. Although I'm sure you're aware that Gracie Grace has a sale during October (as in, at the moment, too).

Of course, they run out of stock quite easily, as the sales go on, so you'll have to be relatively quick when buying what you want.

I've never caught a Scorpion, in any game. I'm sure I saw one on my old file, though.

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
hey anyone got an extra spooky lamp they wouldnt mind parting with? willing to pay.

and also, am looking for the nintendo DLC too.

thanks!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So today was the 5x points sale in my store. I bought everything available. I went from 157 points to 1000+.

Damn it...

Last Halloween I got everything except the spooky carpet... my last piece of candy was taken by a neighbor, and I didn't have time to react (And I was walking, too... FML.) I know they're slow, but still...

GreenNinja

Treasure Hunter
Damn it...

Last Halloween I got everything except the spooky carpet... my last piece of candy was taken by a neighbor, and I didn't have time to react (And I was walking, too... FML.) I know they're slow, but still...

i think i have an extra carpet, if you got an extra spooky lamp i may be willing to trade.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have a few questions about red turnips.

1. I heard that if you overwater a red turnip, it might go bad. Would watering it four or five times in one sittig for one day hurt it? I got a little paranoid because I thought I was watering in the wrong direction, so I watered the turnip a few extra times.

2. Am I supposed to keep on watering it until Wendell comes around? Note that I do not like to take advantage of glitches in the game.

I really have Wild World, but I figure it may be the same for City Folk.

m190049

Local psychopath
I have a few questions about red turnips.

1. I heard that if you overwater a red turnip, it might go bad. Would watering it four or five times in one sittig for one day hurt it? I got a little paranoid because I thought I was watering in the wrong direction, so I watered the turnip a few extra times.
Untrue for both Wild World and City Folk. You can't overwater a red turnip.
Feel free to water it continuously for hours on end if you want to.

2. Am I supposed to keep on watering it until Wendell comes around? Note that I do not like to take advantage of glitches in the game.
Nah. Unlike White Turnips, which will die after a week, Red Turnips live forever. And Wendell doesn't really care what the size of the Turnip you give him is. If you want, you can plant it, instantaneously dig it up, and just stuff it somewhere in your house until he comes along.

Note that this only works in Wild World though. In City Folk, giving Wendell a Red Turnip does nothing of importance- it's just another random item you can give him. In fact, the whole Gold Axe trade doesn't exist anymore, as the Gold Axe is now obtained through a completely different way in this game.

The Indomitable

Experienced Master
Wow, I wasnt even aware a topic like this existed on Serebii. I know exactly what to do

Edit: Sorry, wrong topic

If you want to visit my town, just drop me message, and I'll most likely say yes. I have peaches, apples, oranges, coconuts and some types of mushroom. If you want to know anything else, include that in the message.

The Indomitable

Last edited:

woot21

super noob
Sup all? I recently restarted my town, due to not playing it since July. So yep, I started a new town.

woot21 out dawgs

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Sup all? I recently restarted my town, due to not playing it since July. So yep, I started a new town.

woot21 out dawgs

Hmm, I wonder if I should restart my town...

It's that or time travel one day at a time for over four months, trying not to break anything and catching a scorpion and a giant petal tail along the way.

Or never play again...

R_N

I forgot to make note of this, buuuut on November 16th, I "completed" the game.

That is, one year ago, I set out certain tasks for myself and accomplished all of them.
The most important of which being the total complete catalog (sans DLC).

Played every day for a year, and I quite enjoyed myself. But time to give my town a break, I suppose.

The Indomitable

Experienced Master
Okay, I've read the rules and everything, so please, lets put the FC thing behind us all

I wish my town would at least humor me and snow. It seems to be in a permanent state of Autumn (coupled with shards of grass against a desert). It really must still think its November, I mean, I just found an elegant mushroom, and there only supposed to grow in November.

Its screwed up. Does the appearance of snow differ with each copy of ACCF, or what?

The Indomitable

BCVM22

No, it just sounds like either your system clock or your game clock are screwed up and one or the other is off by enough to still read November.

Forever&Always

DanceInTheDark
I can't wait for Jingle's arrival. Attempting to get the whole set, but on christmas eve, we get home late and my mom doesn't really like me staying after eleven (no clue why, I'm 15, Its actually better for her, I'll sleep in.) I haven't played since the Summer because my friend has the game but I'm getting it back soon. My town is going to need so much construction.

The Indomitable

Experienced Master
Good, I've seemed to fix the problem by getting rid of a useless profile

'Now everything is ALL BETTER'

Anyway, I decided to try and get the gold shopping card a couple of days ago, and it seems to be coming along quite well. Hopefully I'll get it before January ends, so the Gorgeous set, by then, will be incredibly cheap. Hooray for cracks in the system

The Indomitable

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Hopefully it will snow tomorrow so I can try and catch a coelacanth. Today I'm going to try and catch a stringfish, tuna, and lobster again.

woot21

super noob
What color DS Lite did everyone get? I got a pink one, and was hoping maybe someone would be interested in letting me catalog or even buy one, of a different color from them.

woot21 out dawgs