• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go To The City Discussion Thread.

The Baron

do i dazzle you?
Well, as the title, this is the discussion thread for the new Animal Crossing Game, Animal Crossing: City Folk, known in all PAL regions as Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City.
The game is only made for the Wii console. The release dates for the game are:

North America = November 16, 2008
Japan = November 20, 2008
Australia = December 04, 2008
Europe = December 19, 2008

Gameplay

Animal Crossing: City Folk's gameplay is built upon the gameplay typical of an Animal Crossing game.

The primary addition to City Folk is a city area. Accessible to players by bus driven by Kapp'n, the city offers a variety of activities.
In the city, players can shop for clothes, accessories, and furniture at GracieGrace, a fashion boutique shop run by Labelle, a character of the same species as Mabel and Sable from the Able Sisters shop.
Players can change their hairstyles, and choose to replace their face with that of a Mii at Shampoodle, a beauty salon run by Harriet. The player can also go to Kicks the shoe shine skunk who changes the color of their shoes.
Other activities available at the city use the Wii's Wi-Fi capabilities, such as an auction house run by Lloid,
A Gyroid, where players can auction off items to other players via Wi-Fi connection, an office for the Happy Room Academy run by Lyle, where players can see how well other players' towns are progressing, and a theater to learn emotions from Dr. Shrunk at 800 Bells a show.
Redd will return, and now has a shop down an alleyway, but again, a password is needed. Tom Nook will return as well as the Able Sisters.
Katrina is returning and runs a small fortune telling shop in the east wing of the city.
Phineas the muskrat owns a balloon, pinwheel, and bubble wand stand. He is not always in the city, however.

The holiday characters such as Jack, Franklin, Chip, and Jingle "the dark-nosed Reindeer", from the original game, are back, as well as new additions such as Zipper T. the Easter Bunny, Pav`e the peacock who celebrates Los Festivale, and Nat the chameleon who hosts the Bug-off.

Other changes and additions to gameplay include the reintroduction of several real world holidays, such as Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, Easter (Bunny Day), Halloween and New Years, which were absent from Animal Crossing: Wild World.
Additionally, players can now customize the front, back, and sleeves of clothes, as opposed to only being able to customize clothes as a whole.
Also, the players will live in a house each, rather than sharing one house between the four in Wild World. Additionally, unlike Animal Crossing for the GameCube, the houses are all spread out, instead of the little central-hub in the original.

Last edited:

Peter Quill

star-lord
It's that close to coming already?

I'm so happy that the next one is coming!

Better not be any annoying ass neigbors though...

pkmn_GSC

Have a nice day.
I would laugh in anyone's face who imports the game to the USA from JPN.

And I am very excited about this, even more than I was about BWii or Battalion Wars II, but slightly less excited than Brawl. And Waaay less than Pkmn Pearl or Platinun, or the Wii. Lol Me was waiting for wii announcement back like 2 years before the Wii Namechange.

Charizard's Flame

Bibliophilist
I'm looking forward to the game's release in North America.

Yay, Gracie's going to have her own shop. :O

Trollebi

i'm looking forward to getting it (and it's coming out in Europe in the same year as the rest of the world, BONUS!!) i'm not keen on the name , Let's Go To The City, but i'll hopefully get used to it. I loved Wild World and this will no doubt keep me busy all the way through the Christmas period and beyond

Trollebi

i'm looking forward to getting it (and it's coming out in Europe in the same year as the rest of the world, BONUS!!) i'm not keen on the name , Let's Go To The City, but i'll hopefully get used to it. I loved Wild World and this will no doubt keep me busy all the way through the Christmas period and beyond

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I'll likely get it for Christmas unless there's some other game that I want more. This sounds pretty good though.

ironknight42

Yeah I'll probably have to wait to Christmas...but awesome game the idea of the city is a little weird but I will learn to deal with it...I'm hoping for no insurance agents...Lyle

I would laugh in anyone's face who imports the game to the USA from JPN.

Just for kicks and giggles? Looks like the name Trollebi might apply more to you than to the actual user of that name?

On an unrelated note to the above subject, does anyone know the purpose of the skunk yet? Or is it still classified?

Well,if people are to be belived, he's a shoe shiner, A.K.A a hobo.

My sister loves Animal Crossing so I know what she gets for her birthday.

Wow~
A new Animal Crossing game~

I can't wait for it to come out.

I loved the first two games. (and I hope that stupid Lyle can go away!)

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Uh, Skunk changes shoe colour, lyle runs happy room academy now, resetti confirmed to appear in the city like he did in the roost and I'm think he's been confirmed to come back for his old job.

I hope Gracy still has her car.

It just begs for a re-model from my golden axe. >)

Mind you though, I never played PG (1st one), so I'm going to have to get used to sharing a town, not bringing it on holidays, and not watering my hybrids at 11.00 at night...

Last edited:

ironknight42

I hope Resetti is still here or i'll be ******.
he is a staple of the series so dont worry...lyle the evil little..."Nintendo doesn't do miracles" way to dash all my hopes of a Gracie having a hit and run accident that killed Lyle...Crazy Redd should make a triumphant reaturn, they should keep the password