• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing: City Folk/Let's Go To The City Discussion Thread.

Casimir

Good boy.
But... If you change the clock, all your Turnips rot instantly...

Not if you go forward day by day and make sure you don't go into the new week apparently.
If you go back a day your Turnips instantly rot though.
I learned that the hard way haha. x[

By the way, what's up with them taking things out of this animal crossing?
I noticed we can't have post signs, there's no town fountain, and most importantly there's no notebooks. D:

Or is there a notebook you can write in? I used to write in those all the time.

fhqwhgads

I noticed we can't have post signs, there's no town fountain, and most importantly there's no notebooks. D:

Welcome to the 'new' Animal Crossing. Everything you wanted in was ditched in Wild World, then it ported and became known as City Folk.

Casimir

Good boy.
Welcome to the 'new' Animal Crossing. Everything you wanted in was ditched in Wild World, then it ported and became known as City Folk.

Eh, go figure. :|
Oh well... I'll just write letters to my future self and stick with making the flags.

There most certainly is, you just have to donate enough money for it.

Oh wow, really? Thanks for telling me that.
I knew you could donate and get either a windmill or the lighthouse but I was never told you could get the town fountain.

m190049

Local psychopath
...Oh.

...SHADDURP.

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
Not if you go forward day by day and make sure you don't go into the new week apparently.
If you go back a day your Turnips instantly rot though.
I learned that the hard way haha. x[

Post signs have been replaced with the ability to put patterns on the ground as individual squares; much more efficient.
You actually wrote in the notebooks?
I thought no one used them.

fhqwhgads

Not really. Signs are far easier to see, and solid, meaning you could efficiently warn people of your flowers or just block them off entirely. Not to mention, they're signs, it looks better to write stuff on them, and it's easier to read.
And I thought everyone missed signs.

Casimir

Good boy.
Post signs have been replaced with the ability to put patterns on the ground as individual squares; much more efficient.

Why you gotta come in the thread breaking balls? D:

I agree with fhqwhgads.
It's cool being able to make roads and stuff but you can get even more creative with signs. Plus the makers can't honestly tell us that or the notebooks were taking up too much space haha. :p

You'd be surprised, quite a few of us got hands on with that notebook.
My ex-girlfriend wrote a story in hers about how she was going to kick the person who was reading her notebook's ***.
I went emo style and wrote childhood memories.
My cousins recorded in-game tasks.

I never joined any AC Communities but I'm sure there's plenty more than just the lot of people I knew personally who played the game.

Anyways,
FFFFF like 3 people moved out of my town EXCEPT Rhonda.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

This game is fun. I rented it from the library and then I plan on buying it. Does anyone know where you can get Link's clothes, Minda's hat thing, Majoras Mask, Mario outfit, etc.?

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
Not really. Signs are far easier to see, and solid, meaning you could efficiently warn people of your flowers or just block them off entirely. Not to mention, they're signs, it looks better to write stuff on them, and it's easier to read.

And I thought everyone missed signs.
Keep in mind when I said Pattern Squares were better I wasn't thinking about wi-fi usage, but normal gameplay. You can put them anywhere (but bridges), you have an unlimited supply, and you don't have to buy them.
It's not that I don't miss post signs, when I was younger I always used them.

Casimir, I wasn't trying to offend anybody I was merely saying my opinion. This is the Internet what else is it for?

m190049

Local psychopath
Post signs? I never owned the original Animal Crossing, but I played it every once and a while at my friends house (he made me my own character).

I never really used the signs... Although I probably only played it about 5-15 times, ever. And I'm pretty sure I never expended the house more than one time... (I MIGHT have done it twice. Barely remember. >.>)
...So I barely know anything about the game.

Last edited:

Lord of elements

BURN SUCKA BURN!
Meh, I barely played the GC version so I hardly remember anything about it.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Next Japanese DLC is...
"Teruterubozu no Kasa"(Umbrella of Teruterubozu) June 15th - July 5th
item_06.jpg

Teruterubozu is a kind of amulet of fine weather.

m190049

Local psychopath
Oh ehm gee yay. <3

ruu0341.jpg

I HIT GUILLIVER! <3

I first apprently heard him, though he was PAST me (I was able to tell by the fact that he got louder when I ran in that direction, and it started to fade when I got to the wall)

I was so annoyed... I went back a bit to hit shoot down a balloon that I heard when I was chadsng him (apparently he can appear when balloons are already over your town...)... As I was shooting it (and I mean literally after I just hit A) he randomly appears again, going in the opposite direction, on the row farther back in my town (for those that don't know, Balloons & Guilliver fly over 3 set paths, from the left to the right if your town), I saw him fly by again. Only seconds later...

Thrilled, I ran as fast as I could, and was able to get him when I got to the wall. Apparently, he flies over multiple times? But anyway, FWEE~

m190049

Local psychopath
Um... If you have the UFO furniture, item, it's actually somewhat similar to that... Somewhat. You'll notice it getting louder as it gets closer... I guess it sounds something like....
"............woowoowoowoowoowoowoowooWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO"

It's definitely VERY noticeable (even when it's faint). It isn't one of those things where "you think you can hear it..." When it appears, you'll definitely know.
... I'm going to reset for another Metroid. <3