• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing: City Folk Official Discussion Thread

Blazios

Animal Crossing: City Folk. Revealed at E3. It's been confirmed that as well as the town you know and love, it also contains a new city area, with old and new faces, including Gracie at GracieGrace, where you can buy Gracie items (run by Labelle), Harriet (The hairdresser from Wild World) where you change your hair (and wear a Mii mask), Lyle (who runs the Happy Room Academy?) and others including a new auction house run by a Gyroid named Lloid where you can buy and sell items. Also introduces Wii Speak, which is basically a talking device with the Wii.

Old events return, and new events appear, such as New Year, Halloween and Bunny Day.

Looking at the clip, it's one person per house again.

You can now send messages with pictures to towns, the Wii Message Board, cellphones (mobile phones) and computers!

You can apparently have multiplayer contests, too.

Acres seem to be gone.

And according to a beginning trend, one AC is released every 3 years.

Oh, and technical first post of the year here!

Last edited:

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I'm excited for AC Wii. I'm a fan of the series along with my sister. =D I hope I get to see some of my favorite residents from Wild World...

Sakuri

Banned
I'm looking foward to it. I liked the Gamecube version and loved the DS version. I hope that you can link it to your DS and trade furniture and stuff. :B

Fire_guy

Hey! Listen!
As long as there is some sort of Connectivity between DS and Wii, Along with better online capabilities, I will be very satisfied. Ive been playing AC for.. a very long time. Pretty much since it came out.

Im really excited for the game. I heard that it was for the Wii as a Wiiware game but Im not sure... Oh Yeah! Does anyone know when G4' s coverage was or will be?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Im really excited for the game. I heard that it was for the Wii as a Wiiware game but Im not sure... Oh Yeah! Does anyone know when G4' s coverage was or will be?
A) I sincerely doubt it'll be for WiiWare.
B) Presumably the same time as everybody else's coverage - Nintendo's press conference tomorrow at 9AM Pacific.

Well quite honestly, for this Animal Crossing, I'm hoping for (Along with what I said in the other thread) some deeply intense replay value. Animal Crossing seems to only entice me for about 4 - 6 months. :/

Manchee

extra toasty
I had this game for the Gamecube. It was fun, but once I started playing other games and forgot about it, it bored me when I played. It's a fun game, don't get me wrong, but I think it should be more harder/less annoying. I hated the way you unlocked stuff and how limited things were (the fruits, the rude "neightbors," and the bugs/fish/other stuff you catch). But I might get it for the Wii if it looks fun and has some good reviews.

And yay for posting the the first thread of this new Forum!

Elementman-Novapoke

Does anyone else think it'll have Wiiware "packages", such as new clothes, neighbours and furniture? A la FF:MLAAK (or whatever the shortened form is). I think it's possible, but that could be me.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I can't wait for it and I really hope they have some info on it this E3. There are only 2 things I'd really like to see.
1. More power over what your character looks like. I hate it that it's just some random thing the game puts together.
2. More Wi-Fi options. One I'd really like is random wi-fi. I think it would be nice to just be able to go to a random to town and meet people you have that you have never met before.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think it'll have Wiiware "packages", such as new clothes, neighbours and furniture? A la FF:MLAAK (or whatever the shortened form is). I think it's possible, but that could be me.

Well the only difference would be that MLaaK is a WiiWare game already, so that's why it has downloads via WiiWare. The only reason Nintendo would have new stuff for Animal Crossing on WiiWare is if they thought that having all DLC available for purchase on WiiWare would work for each game with DLC capabilities. It's not entirely impossible, but I think a more practical way to give out new stuff would be directly through the game itself.

Ledian_X

Don Ledianni
I have Animal Crossing for both the GCN and the DS. So, I am awaiting this game with great anticipation because I like the game a lot. I mean sure it looks kiddie on the outside but it's fun doing stuff like fishing, catching bugs and whacking neighbors mercilessly with the net.

This won't be a WiiWare game but who knows. It might have downloadables of some sort. We'll find out tomorrow!

LX

wants_latios_lots

I miss you Maddie <3
I played Wild World until I got irreversibly sick of it...two years later.
So I might not be able to get back into the Animal Crossing spirit for this one, though I hope I can!

Sunraichu

goldenslaughterer
I'm really excited. Hope they add some more fun stuff to do with your house and such.

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
I'm really excited for this. I hope you can even have more than one town as a file. Because once I have a file started in AC and leave it for a while, it's hard for me to get back into it. >.>

Yuhh, It's gonna own!
It's also gonna be an MMO