• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Remove that punishment, and you remove a large part of the game. It's the "challenge" of the game, if you prefer.
The "challenge" part of the game is paying debt and collecting all the museum specimens/paintings.

I don't think adding a "vacation mode" would do much to go against the intent of the game. New Leaf has the Beautiful Town Ordinance where you don't have to water everyday, and I believe villagers move less often with it in place.

R_N

The "challenge" part of the game is paying debt and collecting all the museum specimens/paintings.

I don't think adding a "vacation mode" would do much to go against the intent of the game. New Leaf has the Beautiful Town Ordinance where you don't have to water everyday, and I believe villagers move less often with it in place.
While I don't think the "challenge" is part of the series, I think being able to completely remove the risk of characters moving away and no wilted flowers and almost no weeds/roaches just seems....off, for the series all about playing while you're not playing.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I can't express enough how sad I am at Animal Crossing's delay. It's been ages since New Leaf released, and I desperately need a new Animal Crossing in my life.

That sad, sad, depressing fact aside, the game looks absolutely amazing. Building our town from the ground up sounds really cool. And being able to place furniture outside is something I've wanted to do for the longest time. It will make customizing our towns so much easier and better. Goes without saying, but I absolutely cannot wait for March 2020.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Happy for the reveal, sad for the release date.

But still happy overall. It looks beautiful.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I love the series. Lucked out and got a copy of the Wii version from a friend via a garage sale for around $5 and have been playing it since, along with New Leaf and Wild World (bought those via the store at regular price). Can't wait to see what this series comes up with next. :)

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thanks. Must have overlooked it. Merging this thread into that one.

Thread has been merged.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Didn't notice it, so I deleted the previous one. Seems like it got merged to this thread anyway.
Jynx! Guess we moved around the same time. I generally merge something if the other thread is still going. You didn't need to delete it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Unpopular opinion: I actually like that AC: New Horizons was delayed, and it's not just so the game can be better.

It gives me time to finish Smash DLC and play Pokemon Sword/Shield.

Granted, this is selfish satisfaction.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
For me, I'm pretty excited for the game.

I like how the graphics are a nice blend of cel-shaded and realism, inventory slots have increased, I'm curious what that airplane is for, I love that they are finally adding crafting mechanics, the area size map looks like it's bigger than previously, I like how their giving us even more options to customize our towns like paving out roads, it's great they've increased the number of players to eight for the online portions and the camera is a nice little addition.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Got back into pocket camp for the time being; gotta do something until march 2020, and this will help make the wait a bit more bearable imo.

Lemonski

I've been playing New Leaf again recently, after a while of not playing. I also got to experience again how oddly tricky it is to choose what to wear, though at least for now I have an outfit I'm pleased with.
Hopefully I'll also keep playing until the next Bug Off so I'll be able to get the one golden tool I need to complete the set, that being the golden net. :)

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Nook leaving the Nooklings to "watch over" you in the new game further exacerbates the idea that Tom Nook is secretly the head Animal Crossing version of a crime syndicate.

My bets are on Happy Home Academy being a front, and that all the seasonal and incidental characters are part of the international branches, out to make sure you don't earn enough to challenge Boss Nook...

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm actually pretty excited for New Horizons.

I think this will be a ground-up type of game where you can get facilities like the museum depending on how you progress through the game.
This was at least partially hinted at with the developers confirming that Isabelle will return depending on how much debt you pay off.
New Leaf sort of had this in mind as how you could build facilities after certain requirements, but it's great to potentially see a greater emphasis.

shoz999

OH MY GOOOOOOD! STAIRS! IT'S STAIRS! YOU CAN MAKE STAIRS! HOW AWESOME IS THAT! STAIRS!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

OH MY GOOOOOOD! STAIRS! IT'S STAIRS! YOU CAN MAKE STAIRS! HOW AWESOME IS THAT! STAIRS!

Is that supposed to be some kind of joke about how little information we've gotten, or are you actually that excited? Not that there's anything wrong with being that excited about having a stairs option, but I just don't see it myself.

shoz999

Is that supposed to be some kind of joke about how little information we've gotten, or are you actually that excited? Not that there's anything wrong with being that excited about having a stairs option, but I just don't see it myself.
A little bit of A and a little bit of B. That and it's an Animal Crossing game. Not only is it based around building a community, if you played one, you played them all. Which is why small but new features like this would get the Animal Crossing fans excited.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd like to see an animated Animal Crossing series on CBS All Access produced by Wildbrain and CBS Studios.

shoz999

Honestly, I think Cartoon Network might be the perfect format for an animated Animal Crossing show. Today's Cartoon Network has decent shows with simpler artstyles like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Regular Show, Infinity Train. Seems like the perfect network for Animal Crossing's also simple artstyle. Question is? Who would the team behind it be? A question for another day.