• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

R_N

Two question though. What is the point. besides giving Resetti a new job, of the Rescue Service? Let's be real, even you somehow managed to get lost in your own town, the place is so small that it would literally be impossible not to find your way back just by stumbling around. There must be something else at play here.
Tools break, there's theoretically scenarios where you could get stuck, especially in multiplayer. It's just a cute failsafe. Likely to address the possibliity of getting glitched into nowhere.
And then there's the free updates. Why in the world are they putting holidays in via updates, instead of just putting them in the base game? Seems rather pointless to me. I suppose it's a way to curb time travelling (and I fully support getting rid of time travelling), but it's only going to do so for the first year, so in the long run, doesn't really help all that much.
For the first year it will turn each holiday into an Event. It shifts it from "oh easter soon" to OH easter is AVAILABLE NOW!!, and I suspect thsoe free updates will come alongside other things.
It's also possible development on the HOlidays wasn't fully complete.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There may be a point where you get stuck on a piece of the island with a place of no return.
Tools break, there's theoretically scenarios where you could get stuck, especially in multiplayer. It's just a cute failsafe. Likely to address the possibliity of getting glitched into nowhere.

Okay, that sounds right.

I got the impression that they may change the holidays up each year.

Sounds odd. Not really sure why'd they do that. Why would they celebrate a holiday one year, but not the next?

Good luck since you can only recover your save data once.
Thanks. Just read that. And it turns me off from the game a bit, considering that system problems can happen more than one time. Limiting it to one time could bite the game in the butt.

I'm sorry, but do you really think you're going to lose your save data not once, but twice? Once is unlikely, it's just absurd to worry about losing your data a second time. You might as well worry about your cloud save data for any other game becoming corrupted and unusable. It's not going to realistically happen. You'll be fine.

It's also possible development on the HOlidays wasn't fully complete.

Perhaps. Feels like a relatively simple thing to have not finished with, especially after the game was already delayed, but maybe.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Sounds odd. Not really sure why'd they do that. Why would they celebrate a holiday one year, but not the next?
I mean that they change up what you do for any holiday for the coming years.

Maybe one Easter you're hunting for eggs, and then one year, you make them.
I can't think of a good example right off the top of my head.

I'm sorry, but do you really think you're going to lose your save data not once, but twice? Once is unlikely, it's just absurd to worry about losing your data a second time. You might as well worry about your cloud save data for any other game becoming corrupted and unusable. It's not going to realistically happen. You'll be fine.
Even if lightning struck twice, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It would suck if you were in that situation, but you could always start a new file and have new memories.

Plus, I've heard of people losing their New Leaf carts, so having any option is great.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Okay, that sounds right.

Perhaps. Feels like a relatively simple thing to have not finished with, especially after the game was already delayed, but maybe.
It's not. Given that others have run into the problem. Defective parts exist. It might not happen again hopefully, but I'm not unaware enough to think that it could not.

@Auraninja

It would be far better to just be able to recover said data more than once. Why even put in the time and effort yet again? Would we have the one time recovery with a new profile or is it only tied to the original one?

R_N

Development can often be hard and htey likely had other priorities. And then, at that point, it's easy to just add throughout the year while going back to the earlier possibility of doing it for getting people interested in that first year.
See also: it took almost a year for smash bros to get the homerun contest

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just saw it pointed out that Labelle has now changed her name to Label. The story of the Abel Sisters advances once more. Pretty interesting how they're giving us a multi-game plot line with that.

I mean that they change up what you do for any holiday for the coming years.

Maybe one Easter you're hunting for eggs, and then one year, you make them.
I can't think of a good example right off the top of my head.

Okay, that makes more sense. Not sure if that's what I want though, as I always look forward to the once-a-year activities of holidays, and it would be a little sad to not be able to rexperience certain activities for who knows how long. Perhaps changing the rewards/giveaways every year could be interesting, though. Since most of them you have everything you want after one instance of the holiday, it could give you more reason to enjoy repeat holidays.

Speaking of, I hope they make the holiday furniture worth a lot of money again. I always loved farming Halloween and Christmas furniture in City Folk for the massive amounts of money you could sell them for. But in New Leaf you could barely sell them for anything, so I never really had much reason to go all-in with the holidays after first experiencing them.

It's not. Given that others have run into the problem. Defective parts exist. It might not happen again hopefully, but I'm not unaware enough to think that it could not.

I never said it couldn't happen, I just said it's ridiculously unlikely. Most people will never experience an issue once, let alone twice. It's absurdly unlikely. Yes, bad luck can happen, but that applies to absolutely everything, so you really shouldn't worry about it, or else you would be worrying about literally everything. By your logic, you shouldn't even buy a Switch in the first place, as there's a chance it may break, and there's no backup for your physical Switch.

See also: it took almost a year for smash bros to get the homerun contest

Very true.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I didn't understand much of the improvements a lot of people were happy about but the game caught my attention and I'll probably buy it.

R_N

https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/1230673943385628672

They've confirmed that (at launch, at least), there will be 383 villagers in the game. For comparison New Leaf launched with 333 and Welcome Amiibo brought us up to 399.

We know from the amiibo breakdown released ysterday that currently, the Zelda, Splatoon and Hello Kitty villagers aren't in the game though you do still get posters of them for scanning so I bet they're added in later updates. So I wouldn't be surprised if anyone else cut between NL:WA and NH is added in updatse later on, too.

I wonder who else all got cut? We know there's at least 6 new villagers, so probably more.

e: Someone corrected me that the 399 number counted 2 characters (Filly & Holden) who were just visitors and just in Japan. 397 -2 - 14 =383
Every old character is here!

Last edited:

R_N

Hopefully we get a lot of new Nintendo themed furniture especially now that Fire Emblem and Splatoon are things. A Splatoon-inked themed wallpaper really feels inevitable there.
We already have Splatoon furniture thanks to Welcome Amiibo:
800px-SquidSquirrels.jpeg

VicheRV.jpeg

While the squirrels (& Inkwell) are seemingly out for now, I'm guessing all the items will remain in the game.

As for Fire Emblem...I dunno. All the Nintendo IP stuff in these games have been for stuff they own solely with the sole exceptions of the Pocket Pikachu delivery item in the original and the Puzzle League items in Welcome Amiibo which was of all things...Intelligent Systems!

IS actively worked with them and we still did not get even a spare Fire Emblem wall item.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
https://twitter.com/doubutsuno_mori/status/1230673943385628672

They've confirmed that (at launch, at least), there will be 383 villagers in the game. For comparison New Leaf launched with 333 and Welcome Amiibo brought us up to 399.

We know from the amiibo breakdown released ysterday that currently, the Zelda, Splatoon and Hello Kitty villagers aren't in the game though you do still get posters of them for scanning so I bet they're added in later updates. So I wouldn't be surprised if anyone else cut between NL:WA and NH is added in updatse later on, too.

I wonder who else all got cut? We know there's at least 6 new villagers, so probably more.

e: Someone corrected me that the 399 number counted 2 characters (Filly & Holden) who were just visitors and just in Japan. 397 -2 - 14 =383
Quite simply, 383 is the number of villagers at New Leaf's launch (333), plus the additional Welcome amiibo cards (50).
333 + 50 = 383

This would exclude the Hello Kitty and the figurine amiibo villagers.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Am I misunderstanding something? Wouldn't every old villager only be returning if we assume there are no new villagers, which we know is not the case?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Am I misunderstanding something? Wouldn't every old villager only be returning if we assume there are no new villagers, which we know is not the case?
I thought he was referring to who would be there at launch.

R_N

The chances of us getting exactly the number of villagers as New Leaf + Welcome Amiibo when you subtract out the cross over amiibo characters would be a huge coincidence bordering on impossibility

it is much more likely to be the 383 returning villagers + however many new villagers not xxx returning villagers + xxx new villagers = 383

once it was poitned out to me how the number accurately reflects the number from NLWA, it became clear to me.

e: To be clear the tweet is not explicitly "there are 383 villagers in the game on the dot"

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The chances of us getting exactly the number of villagers as New Leaf + Welcome Amiibo when you subtract out the cross over amiibo characters would be a huge coincidence bordering on impossibility

it is much more likely to be the 383 returning villagers + however many new villagers not xxx returning villagers + xxx new villagers = 383

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Does the context of that original tweet you linked allow for this interpretation?

R_N

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Does the context of that original tweet you linked allow for this interpretation?
https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1230869787900698624

Here's the english version of the tweet.
I say yes. The villagers displayed are all old (rather than any of the 5 officially revealed new ones (and also the 6th elephant)) and we have seen several ads of Nook giving presentation to only old villagers.