• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1230869787900698624

Here's the english version of the tweet.
I say yes. The villagers displayed are all old (rather than any of the 5 officially revealed new ones (and also the 6th elephant)) and we have seen several ads of Nook giving presentation to only old villagers.

To add to that, what I just realized is that the tweet says he's sending invitations to his Nook Homes customers, not his Nook Inc. customers. Nook Homes was his real estate agency in New Leaf, so that is probably meant to mean that he's inviting everyone who bought a house from him in New Leaf, in other words, the New Leaf villagers.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Sorry for the late reaction reply. But WOW that direct was great from start to finish. NH is shaping up to be one of Nintendo's finest games.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Huh, surprisingly you can edit the full suite of options from the mirror. I thought it'd be limited. They basically went full splatoon

If that's really the case, then that leaves us with yet another character out of a job with Harriet from Shampoodle. That makes Pete, Pelly, Phyllis, Cyrus, Reese, Chip, Nat, Joan, and Harriet all both missing in action and with their job seemingly taken by either other characters or new features.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
If that's really the case, then that leaves us with yet another character out of a job with Harriet from Shampoodle. That makes Pete, Pelly, Phyllis, Cyrus, Reese, Chip, Nat, Joan, and Harriet all both missing in action and with their job seemingly taken by either other characters or new features.
Has Isabelle been shown yet? I can’t recall seeing her in either trailer or the Direct.

R_N

we've seen
Tom Nook
Nooklings
Isabelle (joins with Town Hall)
KK Slider
Mabel & Abel (joines with their store)
Label (visitor)
Kicks (visitor)
Wisp (late night, probaby visitor)
Harvey (visitor, eventually heads Photopia)
Blathers (museum)
Celeste (visitor)
Saharah (visitor)
Gulliver (visitor)

Pave, Franklin, Jack, Zipper T and Jingle will all be added with their holidays

Resetti (& presumably his brother) will at least cameo as the rescue squad, I assume you get to see them elswhere at some point.

Joan, Chip & Nat are seemingly replaed by Daisy Mae, CJ & Flick but I can see them being cycled in eventually.
Pete, Phyllis & Pelly are seemingly absent and the Dodos take their place for mail purposes. I could, however, see a proper post office added later on as an option
Harriet's job is in theory replaced by a combination of the Mirror items and just buying hair styles with nook miles. But I can still see her getting either the visitor or shop treatment with fancier hairstyles & colors.
Cyrus & Reese are in theory replaced by Nook and the crafting system, but it would be very easy to make them special visitors featuring special crafts (such as with gems). The ability to treat it as a pawnshop is also unique to Retail, so I can see that being a shop you can still unlock

Unaccounted for:
Katrina (probably still a visitor)
Wendell (may also be a visitor again, or could be tied to the dream suite if it returns)
Luna (Dream towns were relatively popular, I could see the Suite returning as an optional shop)
Copper (Was tied to the optional Police Station with Booker, could see returning)
Booker
Shrunk (Likely back, possibly as a visitor? We don't know how we learn more emotions iirc)
Porter (probably gone, no train station. could see the return of champ?)
Tortimer (unknown)
Brewster (Cafe is probably back as either a standalone shop you can build or an expansion to the museum)
Digby (unknown)
Gracie (visitor status feels replaced by Label, but she could have her own wares and see her high end shop added as a standalone optoin or final upgrade ala New Leaf)
Leif (Likely back as standalone shop/add on to nook shop with expanded flower wares)
Lottie (unknown)
Lyle (unknown)
Redd (probably still a visistor)
Rover (could just be a cameo character, could be on yoru plane, could show up as a random visitor...)
Blanca (likely still tied to April Fools, could be a visitor otherwise)
Katie (could still be a visitor)
Pascal (could still be a visitor)
Phineas (who knows, visitor, badge propieter, something new...)

I could see any one who doesnt make the base game added in the future to add some spice, or to go with new features.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So it would seem that the PAX demo has confirmed we'll learn emotions from random interactions with villagers. This means that we can now add Shrunk (and Frillard by extension) to the list of characters seemingly put out of a job. I honestly wonder why there are so many.

R_N

So it would seem that the PAX demo has confirmed we'll learn emotions from random interactions with villagers. This means that we can now add Shrunk (and Frillard by extension) to the list of characters seemingly put out of a job. I honestly wonder why there are so many.
I still think it's a little early to be writing death sentences. The abel sisters, label & kicks prove its easy to have characters share roles. Shrunk, for example, can very easily teach unique emotions or be an aoption to learn emotions not tied to RNG.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I still think it's a little early to be writing death sentences. The abel sisters, label & kicks prove its easy to have characters share roles. Shrunk, for example, can very easily teach unique emotions or be an aoption to learn emotions not tied to RNG.

Of course, I'm not writing them out yet (notice how I said "seemingly out of a job"), it's just that on a surface level the characters have become uncertain. Nobody should doubt the return of characters like K.K. or Red, just because we haven't seen them, as they still have obvious rolls to fill, while a lot of other characters aren't so fortunate. It's not that I don't think those other characters will return, it's just that they're in a weird state of limbo right now.

Though, I am doubting the return of Chip, Nat, and Joan, seeing as they're explicitly replaced younger version of them. Not really sure what else those three could do.

R_N

Of course, I'm not writing them out yet (notice how I said "seemingly out of a job"), it's just that on a surface level the characters have become uncertain. Nobody should doubt the return of characters like K.K. or Red, just because we haven't seen them, as they still have obvious rolls to fill, while a lot of other characters aren't so fortunate. It's not that I don't think those other characters will return, it's just that they're in a weird state of limbo right now.

Though, I am doubting the return of Chip, Nat, and Joan, seeing as they're explicitly replaced younger version of them. Not really sure what else those three could do.
There's an interesting empty research lab next to the bug exhibit in the museum in the demo. People are thinking Nat (& possibly Chip, not that he seemed especialyl studious) might go there for...something. Flavor text?

Though even if not, Chip & Nat could still work as alternating duties with CJ & Flick. Different types of competitions, for example. Sort of like how Frillard & Shrunk worked in City Folk, I suppose.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There's an interesting empty research lab next to the bug exhibit in the museum in the demo. People are thinking Nat (& possibly Chip, not that he seemed especialyl studious) might go there for...something. Flavor text?

Huh. I had assumed that Celeste would move in to that lab, but that's an interesting possibility.

Though even if not, Chip & Nat could still work as alternating duties with CJ & Flick. Different types of competitions, for example. Sort of like how Frillard & Shrunk worked in City Folk, I suppose.

I don't really know if I see the purpose of introducing all new characters just to have them switch off with the old, but I suppose it's possible.

GouBunny

Gou with the flow
I want to get this game since the Flick character is amazing looking but I can't justify buying a $60 game you p lay for 5 minutes a day. Plus since it is Nintendo we will never see it for cheap even years from now. Like I can do Pokemon MD DX even if the game is three hours since I heard it had stuff to do after the story giving it more gameplay. Like I'm open to getting into AC I really am but yeah I'm still trying to get that extra push.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I want to get this game since the Flick character is amazing looking but I can't justify buying a $60 game you p lay for 5 minutes a day. Plus since it is Nintendo we will never see it for cheap even years from now. Like I can do Pokemon MD DX even if the game is three hours since I heard it had stuff to do after the story giving it more gameplay. Like I'm open to getting into AC I really am but yeah I'm still trying to get that extra push.
Do you have any of the older AC games? New Leaf is one they eventually dropped to $20‚ as a Nintendo Select game. Maybe they'll do it for this one down the road.

GouBunny

Gou with the flow
Do you have any of the older AC games? New Leaf is one they eventually dropped to $20‚ as a Nintendo Select game. Maybe they'll do it for this one down the road.
Only have a Switch. IDK I might just jump into it after a bit if I hear enough people enjoying it.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Only have a Switch. IDK I might just jump into it after a bit if I hear enough people enjoying it.
Ah I see. Hope you do. It's a fun game series.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

For whatever it's worth, if you can get into Animal Crossing, you'll get a whole lot more than five minutes a day out of it. I would say, at a bare minimum, you'll get at least an hour a day out of it. Personally, I played City Folk and New Leaf for at least two hours almost every day for years. It's the sort of game you can end up sinking hundreds of hours into, and can provide continuous enjoyment for years. You'll never run out of things to do.

Of course, all that assumes that you can get into Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing is a very different and unique game, to say the least. It just doesn't click with most people. So if Flick is the only reason you're interested in the game, then maybe not worth it for you.

GouBunny

Gou with the flow
For whatever it's worth, if you can get into Animal Crossing, you'll get a whole lot more than five minutes a day out of it. I would say, at a bare minimum, you'll get at least an hour a day out of it. Personally, I played City Folk and New Leaf for at least two hours almost every day for years. It's the sort of game you can end up sinking hundreds of hours into, and can provide continuous enjoyment for years. You'll never run out of things to do.

Of course, all that assumes that you can get into Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing is a very different and unique game, to say the least. It just doesn't click with most people. So if Flick is the only reason you're interested in the game, then maybe not worth it for you.
Yeah might just watch Twitch streams of it since I have enjoyed seeing people play games that I did not lie playing myself. Could never play Sims 4 since it was super confusing but loved watching YouTubers play