• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

R_N

Wait, Brewster's not in either? Seriously? Now that actually does bug me.

Anyways, I'm willing to accept patching in things like holidays, which won't be experienced until the time the patch arrives anyways, but patching in what has always been in the base game later on, like Gyroids, Brewster, and The Roost, just feels wrong on many levels.
We don't know for sure about Brewster, that's why I said "if".

Despite my putting forth the argument a number of things could be in the game, including assorted npcs, and we just haven't seen them yet I have a feeling that New Horizons is going to be somewhat lacking in several regards compared to New Leaf at launch; after a year of updates I expect that'll change.
I'm curious if anything other than Bunny Day is added in the day 1 update.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
We don't know for sure about Brewster, that's why I said "if".

Oh, my mistake.

Despite my putting forth the argument a number of things could be in the game, including assorted npcs, and we just haven't seen them yet I have a feeling that New Horizons is going to be somewhat lacking in several regards compared to New Leaf at launch; after a year of updates I expect that'll change.
I'm curious if anything other than Bunny Day is added in the day 1 update.

I'm not saying I think the game will be lacking at launch. I'm sure plenty of things we haven't seen will be there. I just don't approve of the "patch it in later" mentality, at least when it comes to the basics.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh, my mistake.

I'm not saying I think the game will be lacking at launch. I'm sure plenty of things we haven't seen will be there. I just don't approve of the "patch it in later" mentality, at least when it comes to the basics.
I think the patches will be related to seasonal changes and holidays not missing furniture sets and clothing items. The only additional items I could see being part of an additional DLC are special limited time items such as new clothing patterns to celebrate a new Mario game or Kk Slider Albums of classic Nintendo songs.

R_N

I think the patches will be related to seasonal changes and holidays not missing furniture sets and clothing items. The only additional items I could see being part of an additional DLC are special limited time items such as new clothing patterns to celebrate a new Mario game or Kk Slider Albums of classic Nintendo songs.
If we really don't have artwork & gyroids I would be shocked if they never dropped a single update with them.

shoz999

Still have some questions, but hearing how far they stretched the rules of terraforming only makes me want the game more. Kind of expected the beach to be off-limits though and don't really have much plans for it, but still a little disappointing.

R_N

Took a quick glance at a datamine because I can't help myself
No mario items
No gyroids
No artwork
No special characters we haven't already seen, so all that implies comes with
No wetsuits though I believe the swimming animation is still in the game so that's an easy patch

shoz999

No mario items
No gyroids
No artwork
No wetsuits though I believe the swimming animation is still in the game so that's an easy patch
What do you guys mean by no gyroids anyway? Do you mean no gyroid furniture or no gyroid NPC? It can't be the latter because Lloid is in the game.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
No mario items
No gyroids
No artwork

I was indifferent towards the art and swimming, but everything else there is a major bummer for me. I always had one of my rooms decorated with the Mario set, and I can't believe they're gone. Why would they remove one of the most fun furniture sets in the entire game? I was really hoping for more Nintendo items, not less.

As for characters, let me get this straight, there's no Brewster, Kapp'n, Shrunk, Lyle, Pascal, or Rover, to name a few? What about Redd? You can't seriously be telling me that Redd isn't in this game. As he would, crazy.

R_N

I was indifferent towards the art and swimming, but everything else there is a major bummer for me. I always had one of my rooms decorated with the Mario set, and I can't believe they're gone. Why would they remove one of the most fun furniture sets in the entire game? I was really hoping for more Nintendo items, not less.

As for characters, let me get this straight, there's no Brewster, Kapp'n, Shrunk, Lyle, Pascal, or Rover, to name a few? What about Redd? You can't seriously be telling me that Redd isn't in this game. As he would, crazy.
The only special characters, at all, are the ones we saw in the direct aside from the holiday characters who are also not present (though Zipper T will obviously be added in the day 1 update)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that there will still be big surprises in store for us in the game since Nintendo has learned after the entire leak of XY/SM/USUM fiasco not to send out so many physical copies of a game to retailers that might inadvertently sell them earlier than the intended date. Game reviewers also can’t give out very detailed info about any new Nintendo games especially on YouTube as they once could.

R_N

I think that there will still be big surprises in store for us in the game since Nintendo has learned after the entire leak of XY/SM/USUM fiasco not to send out so many physical copies of a game to retailers that might inadvertently sell them earlier than the intended date. Game reviewers also can’t give out very detailed info about any new Nintendo games especially on YouTube as they once could.
You say that but Smash & SWSH still leaked like weeks before hand and Anicro leaked yesterday

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
You say that but Smash & SWSH still leaked like weeks before hand and Anicro leaked yesterday
Yeah unfortunately leaks can never be fully stopped no matter what scary warning Nintendo/any other game company constantly sends out. There is always a person or more willing to leak anything in spite of the consequences!

At least no one has been able to crack preloads or likely ever will. The day someone does that shall be praised as a god among breaking encryption.

R_N

Yeah unfortunately leaks can never be fully stopped no matter what scary warning Nintendo/any other game company constantly sends out. There is always a person or more willing to leak anything in spite of the consequences!

At least no one has been able to crack preloads or likely ever will. The day someone does that shall be praised as a god among breaking encryption.
The day that happens will be a huge, probably monumental shake up in all encryption algorithms everywhere. A god....or a devil?!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The only special characters, at all, are the ones we saw in the direct aside from the holiday characters who are also not present (though Zipper T will obviously be added in the day 1 update)

I'm stunned. I kind kind of get leaving out more minor characters that where explicitly replaced, like Chip and Nat, or some of the newer/less valuable characters like Reese and Cyrus or Harriet, but leaving out big characters like Kapp'n and Brewster is bizarre. And Redd, I would argue, is just as big a character as K.K., Blathers, or the Able Sisters. I am absolutely shocked that, at the very least, he's not in the game. I didn't think it was possible for this game to disappoint me in such a major way. This is beyond belief.

Okay, sure, there's always the possibility of them being patched in later, but we can't assume that. And really, leaving out so much from the base game to be patched in later is just absurd. Little new extras here and there is one thing. Major characters and/or features that are staples of the franchise is a completely other thing.

The game was literally datamined. This isn't a matter of Nintendo just hiding stuff. We're not saying certain things are missing because we haven't seen them in reviews yet, we're saying they're missing because they're not even in the code of the game to begin with. Unless there's a massive day one patch, all that stuff is gone.