• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I've been watching a lot of video content on the new Animal Crossing, and many people are in love with this game. That's very nice to see. Honestly, I haven't played an Animal Crossing game since the original on GameCube. I'm very tempted to purchase this new game, and I think I will. Knowing me I'll get hooked. I'm a sucker for games that allow me to create things. Hence the reason I enjoy Super Mario Maker so much.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
After night two of Bunny Day, I think I could live with it for two weeks, if it weren't for one thing. The Water Eggs. All the other eggs can be slightly annoying but not that big of a deal, but the Water Eggs, on the other hand, are just straight up replacing fish, and you have no way of knowing whether it's an egg or a fish until you reel it in. I was getting pretty annoyed by the end of the night tonight, I can't imagine how I'm going to feel at the end of the event.

Oh, and here's a fun fact I had pointed out to me. By the end of this event, we will have spent more time playing during the Bunny Day event then we will have without it. Pretty crazy thing to think about, given how how far it feels we've come since launch.

SBaby

Dungeon Master

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m going to post on bulletin board a message to any PETA supporters that expect my Island to be vegan friendly. The message shall read, “If you are vegan and a supporter of PETA, please leave. You won’t like it here because we all love eating vegans offended by our lifestyle! It appeases our gods and prevents our destruction.”

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just find it annoying how little iron nuggets I'm getting thanks to all these damn eggs popping out of rocks.
You need some? I keep finding them everywhere. I keep trying to use them up to make room in my pocket and they keep popping up whenever I hit rocks.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Eggs replace Stones, not Ore

Can we know that for sure? As far as I can tell, it's completely random whether it's iron ore or a stone that comes out, so there would be no way of knowing what the egg replaced.

However, if true, that's good news. Makes Bunny Day a little less of a drain on resources.

R_N

Can we know that for sure? As far as I can tell, it's completely random whether it's iron ore or a stone that comes out, so there would be no way of knowing what the egg replaced.

However, if true, that's good news. Makes Bunny Day a little less of a drain on resources.
Because they're relatively common and don't make the 1-up sounds that Iron Ore makes.

People just assume it takes up precious Ore slots but in all likliehood you would have just gotten Stone or Clay.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Because they're relatively common and don't make the 1-up sounds that Iron Ore makes.

People just assume it takes up precious Ore slots but in all likliehood you would have just gotten Stone or Clay.

The way I've assumed it works is that eggs are just added to the table of possible outcomes. It's not explicitly replacing anything, but it's decreased the odds of everything else appearing to make room for it on the table of outcomes. If that's how it works, it could be common, not make the 1-up sound effect, and yet still replace some of the ore you would have gotten otherwise.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
You need some? I keep finding them everywhere. I keep trying to use them up to make room in my pocket and they keep popping up whenever I hit rocks.

Not now I don't but thanks. Actually got some iron nuggets today from rocks

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I feel like I've gotten all the bugs and fish I can get so far except for the golden trout tbh. I wish there was more because the museum is by far my favorite part, it just looks gorgeous and I love how realistic all the animals look <3!!!

Xuxuba

I spent the entire day doing Nook Miles+ tasks and flying to random islands in hopes to find Ankha. No luck.
Did the same thing except i was looking for Zucker. Couldn't find him though.

I did find another lazy villager that i like: Beau. He is very popular, but i still wish it was Zucker.

It's a shame that i got him on my previous save file, but had to delete that one because i hated my island's name.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Did the same thing except i was looking for Zucker. Couldn't find him though.

I did find another lazy villager that i like: Beau. He is very popular, but i still wish it was Zucker.

It's a shame that i got him on my previous save file, but had to delete that one because i hated my island's name.

I have Zucker on my island, although I almost lost him cuz I accidentally wacked him in the head with a net trying to get flees because I didn't know you had to wait until April lol.

Also I was wondering if you guys can give me advice. I'm trying to get my island to 3 stars for the concert but the advice that Isabelle is giving me is contradictory. First she tells me that I need to decorate the island from coast to coast but in the next sentence she tells me that the island is too cluttered with random items. I don't know what to do smh.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
First visit with Wisp
'Expensive' my butt. Blue wood paint that sells for 200 bells lol Should have went with the other option, was hoping for something cool like chocolate walls

I feel like I've gotten all the bugs and fish I can get so far except for the golden trout tbh. I wish there was more because the museum is by far my favorite part, it just looks gorgeous and I love how realistic all the animals look <3!!!

Always been my favorite part too, that's why I'm disappointed they removed the art part. I miss Crazy Red!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Decided to make a good use out of those eggs today and decorated my town for Bunny Day. Made me think that since we're doing these two week events, it would be pretty cool if all the important buildings in town, especially the central plaza, auto-decorated themselves to help you get into the spirit of the event.

Also on the topic of decoration, I managed to get my second T-Rex Tail today, meaning I have an entire extra T-Rex beyond the one I donated, so I now have a cool life-size T-Rex skeleton sitting outside my museum. It looks awesome.

Unfortunately, all those decorations, plus the zen garden I've been building, and Isabelle still says my town needs more decoration. Guess I'll get an early start on that park I was planning on building once I unlocked landscaping.

I spent the entire day doing Nook Miles+ tasks and flying to random islands in hopes to find Ankha. No luck.

Let's be real though, you have what, a 1 in 400 chance of finding any one specific villager. Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen.

Also, I just want to say, Ankha is on my list of villagers I've always been interested in getting, but never have. I love the Egyptian motif.

Also I was wondering if you guys can give me advice. I'm trying to get my island to 3 stars for the concert but the advice that Isabelle is giving me is contradictory. First she tells me that I need to decorate the island from coast to coast but in the next sentence she tells me that the island is too cluttered with random items. I don't know what to do smh.

Don't know exactly how the system works, but it's possible that the game is able to tell between items randomly dropped about, versus placed methodically. Past games have been able to tell the difference for furniture in your house for your HRA/HHA score, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Another possible interpretation is that your island is cluttered with things that aren't decorations. Do you have items randomly lying about?

First visit with Wisp
'Expensive' my butt. Blue wood paint that sells for 200 bells lol Should have went with the other option, was hoping for something cool like chocolate walls

To be fair, he does warn you he doesn't have a firm grasp of what's valuable. My guess is that it's meant to be a gamble. You're more likely to get something on the expensive side than if you pick something new, but you could also get something worthless that you already have. For whatever it's worth, ff the four times I've seen him, I've never gotten anything that sells for more than about a 1,000 bells.

Also, I think the chocolate walls are Sahara-exclusive. Or, at least I assume, as I've gotten both the Dark and White Chocolate Floor from her.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Decided to make a good use out of those eggs today and decorated my town for Bunny Day. Made me think that since we're doing these two week events, it would be pretty cool if all the important buildings in town, especially the central plaza, auto-decorated themselves to help you get into the spirit of the event.

Also on the topic of decoration, I managed to get my second T-Rex Tail today, meaning I have an entire extra T-Rex beyond the one I donated, so I now have a cool life-size T-Rex skeleton sitting outside my museum. It looks awesome.

Unfortunately, all those decorations, plus the zen garden I've been building, and Isabelle still says my town needs more decoration. Guess I'll get an early start on that park I was planning on building once I unlocked landscaping.

Let's be real though, you have what, a 1 in 400 chance of finding any one specific villager. Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen.

Also, I just want to say, Ankha is on my list of villagers I've always been interested in getting, but never have. I love the Egyptian motif.

Don't know exactly how the system works, but it's possible that the game is able to tell between items randomly dropped about, versus placed methodically. Past games have been able to tell the difference for furniture in your house for your HRA/HHA score, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Another possible interpretation is that your island is cluttered with things that aren't decorations. Do you have items randomly lying about?

To be fair, he does warn you he doesn't have a firm grasp of what's valuable. My guess is that it's meant to be a gamble. You're more likely to get something on the expensive side than if you pick something new, but you could also get something worthless that you already have. For whatever it's worth, ff the four times I've seen him, I've never gotten anything that sells for more than about a 1,000 bells.

Also, I think the chocolate walls are Sahara-exclusive. Or, at least I assume, as I've gotten both the Dark and White Chocolate Floor from her.

Do resources count as random clutter?? I mean I have like wood and stones all over the island cuz my inventory is full. The items I do have around have all been gifts the npcs have given me tbh. It's all furniture stuff though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Do resources count as random clutter?? I mean I have like wood and stones all over the island cuz my inventory is full. The items I do have around have all been gifts the npcs have given me tbh. It's all furniture stuff though.

I bet that it's the resources. Non-furniture items (including resources) lying all about the town would definitely be considered clutter.

Out of curiosity, when you say your inventory is full, do you mean your pockets, or your home storage? There should be plenty of room to store the resources in your home storage, but if you've somehow managed to fill that up, color me impressed.

Regardless, if you have nowhere to keep the resources, you could always sell them at Nook's for a small amount of bells.