• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
They're not back though...

I, for one, like the things, and would gladly welcome them back. Not to mention they're a staple of the franchise, dating back to the very beginning, and their exclusion is extremely strange in that sense.
They will probably come at a later update looking at the datamine.

I really liked the gyroids, especially the croakoids and the quazoids.

Xuxuba

Never thought much of the Gyroids tbh.

I do miss the Dream Suite, the Diving suit and the island's minigames though.

Aswell as some of the old npcs like Kapp'n, Tortimer and Shampoodle.

So much so that i am playing New leaf again lol

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They will probably come at a later update looking at the datamine.

Still not back yet though. And until an official announcement comes, there's no way to know what in the datamine was preparation for updates, and what was scrapped content. This update bringing back Redd, art, Leif, and bushes makes it seem likely that we'll also get Brewster and Gyroids, but there's just no way to know for sure.

I really liked the gyroids, especially the croakoids and the quazoids.

I liked putting the Quazoids and Nebuloids in my space room. In general, the best parts about Gyroids was matching them to a themed room.

Actually it didn't really occur to me until right now, but I'm missing Gyroids even more than I thought I would, because while they didn't mean all that much to me later on in the game, they were always great decorations to use early game, when you're still trying to get enough furniture to fill your house. My empty house and I are really missing that aspect right now.

Never thought much of the Gyroids tbh.

I do miss the Dream Suite, the Diving suit and the island's minigames though.

Aswell as some of the old npcs like Kapp'n, Tortimer and Shampoodle.

So much so that i am playing New leaf again lol

There's definitely a lot of stuff that's unjustifiably missing from the older games, but even all that isn't enough to get me to play New Leaf over New Horizons. Though admittedly, I am extremely biased towards playing on my TV instead of a handheld, so that's where most of my strong feelings on the topic come from. Even discounting that though, I still feel, despite all that's missing, New Horizons has still made New Leaf completely obsolete.

Xuxuba

There's definitely a lot of stuff that's unjustifiably missing from the older games, but even all that isn't enough to get me to play New Leaf over New Horizons. Though admittedly, I am extremely biased towards playing on my TV instead of a handheld, so that's where most of my strong feelings on the topic come from. Even discounting that though, I still feel, despite all that's missing, New Horizons has still made New Leaf completely obsolete.
Oh i didn't stop playing NH actually.

I am playing both at the moment and it is making things more fun because the things that NH lacks, NL has it and vice versa. Although, i am getting a bit of a headache from playing two games at the same time lol

I feel like NL isn't obsolete because it focuses more on relaxing and interacting with your villagers than doing multiple stuff to keep you busy.
Like, in a few days of NL i already visited and got visited more by my villagers, received more requests from them, got more presents like clothes, got asked more questions and saw more unique dialogue than my entire playthrough of New Horizons.

It feels more rewarding to interact with them in New Leaf, sometimes even being required to progress as you cannot get your development permit without getting to know them at least a little bit.

Also, in my opinion, the dialogue feels far more repetitive and humorless in NH. Most of the time it's only a box of dialogue like "i am fishing right now, hope i catch a fish", but it gets worse when u are visited by someone or there is an event going on, because they don't talk about anything else and everybody in your island is saying basically the same thing. It gets a bit better when u get closer to them, but not that much. I also feel like they tried to compensate the villagers' lack of unique dialogue by increasing the amount of text other npc have like Tom Nook and the Dodo, but their speech ends up being quite redundant and devoid of emotion. Like, do i really have to sit through 2 minutes of dialogue every time i want to visit an island?

Now when it comes to relaxation, i feel like NL does a better job too. Like, the fact that the tools don't break every 2 seconds makes for a much more relaxing playthrough where you don't have to go back to your workbench a hundred times just to catch a few fishes or bugs that at the end of the day are barely going to give you any money. There is also a bigger focus on waiting and more stores and upgrades to unlock by simply doing so (though that might change when the new updates come out).

That is not to say that NH doesn't have it's merits. Like, NL's museum pales in comparison, even despite having two more sections at the moment, and it is really annoying not being able to chose where each house is built aswell as being unable to use your furniture outside of home. Not to mention the graphics are way better.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Tonight was a pretty good night for my island. I crafted a campsite. I'm also in the process of building a soccer field. I purchased two soccer goals that should arrive in the mail tomorrow.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, I made a soccer field too. Used patterns with transparency to create the field lines.

R_N

What do you do with the dumb bags with bear icons Sable gives you? I get them and no matter what, be it custom designs or furniture customization, I don't see what to do from there!
Some items, when they're customzied, will gain a Pattern option. This is separate from applying custom designs.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Out of curiosity, since Mario Maker got it's update the night before the announced date, does that mean that it's likely Animal Crossing will get its update tonight around the same time instead of tomorrow, or are the two occurrences completely unrelated?

BCVM22

The Bunny Day update and the smaller patches have all gone live in the overnight hours for North America. Best answer is that it'll go live some time tonight and be available by the time you wake up tomorrow.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Oh wow, does anyone remember how I mentioned on Saturday that I was sad to discover that you could only play one song outside, no matter how many stereos you place? Well, this update actually changed that. I realized this when my two radios I had outside both were turned off. I suspected something must have happened, so I tested it just in case, and it let me play two different pieces of music. Of all the things they could change, I did not think this would be one of them.

In other news, today my Nook's Cranny was upgraded into... Nook's Cranny? Huh? What happened to Nook 'n' Go? Are all the shops just going to be called Nook's Cranny now? Will we have a department store named Nook's Cranny? Can't say that really works. I suppose it's also possible that each step in the upgrade process has an upgrade of its own, so two Nook's Crannies, two Nook 'n' Gos, two Nook Ways, and two Nookingtons. Either way, kind of strange.

R_N

Oh wow, does anyone remember how I mentioned on Saturday that I was sad to discover that you could only play one song outside, no matter how many stereos you place? Well, this update actually changed that. I realized this when my two radios I had outside both were turned off. I suspected something must have happened, so I tested it just in case, and it let me play two different pieces of music. Of all the things they could change, I did not think this would be one of them.
Oh that's a really cool change, I'll have to mess with that on my island!
In other news, today my Nook's Cranny was upgraded into... Nook's Cranny? Huh? What happened to Nook 'n' Go? Are all the shops just going to be called Nook's Cranny now? Will we have a department store named Nook's Cranny? Can't say that really works. I suppose it's also possible that each step in the upgrade process has an upgrade of its own, so two Nook's Crannies, two Nook 'n' Gos, two Nook Ways, and two Nookingtons. Either way, kind of strange.
There is no further step in the process. This is the only upgrade as of now.
Datamining shows a third one will likely come as an update eventually, but that's probably months away as all it is is a listing

KillerDraco

So for those who don't know:

After you update, if you talk to Blathers he'll mention art, which is what triggers Redd to start appearing.
After doing the Nature Day Nook Miles+ Task, if you talk to Tom Nook he'll give you the recipe for Hedges.

R_N

Messing with the radios I think how it works now is each acre can have their own song playing. I dont have enough radios to know if there's a limit, but if you put 2 radios in one acre, it will default to the last one you place down if both are playing. When you remove that one, the other will resume playing (& will remember what its playing). But you bring it to the next acre over, it will play as normal.

What I'm not sure about is:
-if there's a limit on the entire island. Like it can only remember a couple acres as opposed to every acre
-If different radios have different sound radius and that's the real key

So for those who don't know:

After you update, if you talk to Blathers he'll mention art, which is what triggers Redd to start appearing.
After doing the Nature Day Nook Miles+ Task, if you talk to Tom Nook he'll give you the recipe for Hedges.
Also the Interest Rate was nerfed from 0.5% to 0.05% and now caps at 9,999 instead of 99,999. Because............??

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Messing with the radios I think how it works now is each acre can have their own song playing. I dont have enough radios to know if there's a limit, but if you put 2 radios in one acre, it will default to the last one you place down if both are playing. When you remove that one, the other will resume playing (& will remember what its playing). But you bring it to the next acre over, it will play as normal.

What I'm not sure about is:
-if there's a limit on the entire island. Like it can only remember a couple acres as opposed to every acre
-If different radios have different sound radius and that's the real key

Also the Interest Rate was nerfed from 0.5% to 0.05% and now caps at 9,999 instead of 99,999. Because............??
Time travelers. Some abused this and did things like selling these on eBay. Sucks I know. :/

R_N

Time travelers. Some abused this and did things like selling these on eBay. Sucks I know. :/
In order to take full advantage of interest rate you need something like 20 million bells. You otherwise get like...a couple hundred a month. TTers just have to TT more now.

This turns interest into a "sure, that's cute" to "totally worthless mechanic". They genuinely may as well have removed it. Or if theyre going to nerf it just put the money cap at like 20k. Then normal people might see that at some point maybe. But no its 10k AND a singificantly lower rate

if they should nerf anything it's the Nook Tickets by lowering their price and letting you buy in bulk. The Nook Ticket black market is far more insane.