• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Torpoleon

Personally, I did not like Main Street. I did not like having to go to an out of the way area for my shops, and I prefer having the businesses be an integrated part of my town, and spread across the whole town. It makes the town feel more interesting and varied. I much prefer the way New Horizons is handling it (minus the overall lack of businesses).

You could always just place all your businesses next to each other, since you have that power now. It would be practically the same, minus the loading zone it takes to get there.
True, but at least New Leaf had more stores in-game than New Horizons does at the moment. Could change and probably will, but still.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
We can do without Shampoodle seeing as the options with the vanity make her obsolete.

Not to mention the absolutely terrible way they handled haircuts using weird questions to determine the style. And you get only one chance a day too.
I didn’t like that either. I really hated how you couldn’t change you hairstyle, color, and eye color at the same time. If they wanted to limit character look changes to once a day fine but at least let us decide what to do and have multiple features changed at the same time.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
"You have a visitor"
Me: OMG, I haven't had a visitor in weeks! Wonder who it is
*enters tent, sees Hazel*
That pushed me over the edge

Time jumped 60 days, logged onto each and Redd only appeared ONCE!
Quillson's gone though, I have Savannah now! :)

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Yeah I'm growing furious over the lack of Redd. Either add more special visitors in a day or transfer them to an existing store like Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters. Or bring back Main Street.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Eh, mostly indifferent on the stamp rally. The rewards are kind of cool, I guess. The running around to gather stamps felt a little pointless though. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a scavenger hunt, would have been more involved that way. What has me curious right now is that Blather's wording, "You've gathered all of today's stamps," or something like that, implies we can do this daily. I have no idea what they could do as rewards on further days. My brother and I did notice that we had different stamps to collect though, so I guess the stations will be random every day.

Oh, and why was there no stamps or plaque for the art section? Kind of a strange omission.

R_N

Eh, mostly indifferent on the stamp rally. The rewards are kind of cool, I guess. The running around to gather stamps felt a little pointless though. I was hoping for something more along the lines of a scavenger hunt, would have been more involved that way. What has me curious right now is that Blather's wording, "You've gathered all of today's stamps," or something like that, implies we can do this daily. I have no idea what they could do as rewards on further days. My brother and I did notice that we had different stamps to collect though, so I guess the stations will be random every day.

Oh, and why was there no stamps or plaque for the art section? Kind of a strange omission.
You can redo the stamp rally every day (for some reason), but you just get the same rewards. Basically jsut do it for flavor text or if you REALLY want a bunch of plaques.

There's probably no section for Art since it just opened up, not everyone will have it early on since its an upgrade & there's barely distinct sections to it.

I am kind of assuming that some of these stamps dont show up if you dont have stuff in their respective areas, too, which is more of a deal breaker for art than any other section

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You can redo the stamp rally every day (for some reason), but you just get the same rewards. Basically jsut do it for flavor text or if you REALLY want a bunch of plaques.

Huh. That's a little odd, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers, and I wanted them to use the full time of their events. I'll probably end up doing it over in order to see the various stamp stations.

There's probably no section for Art since it just opened up, not everyone will have it early on since its an upgrade & there's barely distinct sections to it.

I am kind of assuming that some of these stamps dont show up if you dont have stuff in their respective areas, too, which is more of a deal breaker for art than any other section

Fair enough, I suppose. I forgot that not everyone would have it unlocked at this point.

Xuxuba

I wonder how many words New Horizons has.

I know New Leaf had more than the Bible and all of the 7 HP books combined lol

Well, it looks like someone made an entire cosplay showcase featuring Ash and a few of his friends (namely, Brock, Dawn, Cilan, Serena, Lillie, and Goh). Now I feel like an amateur at Animal Crossing custom designs...
Wow, they even made AU Ash.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Had a wonderful night tonight. It was raining, which lead to me catching not only several pocket fulls of medium value fish such as red snappers, but four coelacanths and a barreleye. The four coelacanths has me tied for my one-night New Horizons record. There's a lot of bells coming my way tomorrow. On top of that, Redd was visiting, and even though all his stuff was fake, he had a fake dogu (otherwise known as the Ancient Statue) with cool glowing eyes. I've always liked the dogu, so I had to have it for my house. Oh, and it was also T-Bone's birthday, which is the first villager birthday I've had in this game.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Wow the Striped Shirt is extremely unpopular on my Island. Right now the recycling bin in my Island Center literally has three of them! I took out two from there just last month but more keep showing up in there for some odd reason. The third Shirt just appeared this morning.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So that fake Dogu (Ancient Statue), I bought last night from Redd had a cool surprise. Not only does its eyes glow, but when you tap it, it starts to levitate. What kind of crazy stuff is Redd selling?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
What’s everyone’s opinion on Cleo? She just moved in today which was an extremely short amount of time considering Monique just moved out Wednesday and the plot was empty yesterday with the sign out front saying it was available.