• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
What’s everyone’s opinion on Cleo? She just moved in today which was an extremely short amount of time considering Monique just moved out Wednesday and the plot was empty yesterday with the sign out front saying it was available.

She's a snooty horse villager, so if you like snooty villagers, and you like horses, you'll probably like her. Anything beyond that is purely subjective, and only you can judge it.

As far as that short time thing goes, lots are only ensured to stay vacant for a day. After that there's a good chance someone will move in.

After placing weeds and mannequins all around my island, the first rock spawned at my eventual rock garden! It's looking good from here on out despite the lag I created!

Honest question, why bother? I've seen pictures of people doing that, and to me it seems like a tremendous amount of work for very little pay-off. Is it really that difficult to hit all the rocks on your island normally? I assume you travel a loop around your island at least once a day that would take you to all the rocks anyways, so what advantage does the rock garden have, and is it really worth all the planning and turning your game into a laggy mess for however many days?

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
She's a snooty horse villager, so if you like snooty villagers, and you like horses, you'll probably like her. Anything beyond that is purely subjective, and only you can judge it.

As far as that short time thing goes, lots are only ensured to stay vacant for a day. After that there's a good chance someone will move in.

Honest question, why bother? I've seen pictures of people doing that, and to me it seems like a tremendous amount of work for very little pay-off. Is it really that difficult to hit all the rocks on your island normally? I assume you travel a loop around your island at least once a day that would take you to all the rocks anyways, so what advantage does the rock garden have, and is it really worth all the planning and turning your game into a laggy mess for however many days?
The mannequin setup is tedious but the cool part is that if you change the design, they go away. So a bunch of mannequins you would normally just try to “put away” can disappear in a matter of seconds after the rock garden is finished. As for the rock garden, I like keeping them in all one clean place!

Torpoleon

How many times do you have to use Dodo Airlines for each of the exclusive DAL gear?

R_N

How many times do you have to use Dodo Airlines for each of the exclusive DAL gear?
Assuming gamefaqs is right abotu this, it works like such:
You earn 1 point per island you visit (another player, mystery tour, or Harv's Island), up to 3 points per day.
5 Points - Tee
15 Points - Eye Mask
30 Points - Slippers
50 Points - Mug
75 Points - Sunglasses
100 Points - Apron
130 Points - Cap
160 Points - Umbrella
200 Points- Backpack
250 Points - Pilot jacket
300 Points - model plane

So assuming you power gamed this it'll take 100 days, 3 trips a day, to get everything minimum

Torpoleon

Assuming gamefaqs is right abotu this, it works like such:
You earn 1 point per island you visit (another player, mystery tour, or Harv's Island), up to 3 points per day.
5 Points - Tee
15 Points - Eye Mask
30 Points - Slippers
50 Points - Mug
75 Points - Sunglasses
100 Points - Apron
130 Points - Cap
160 Points - Umbrella
200 Points- Backpack
250 Points - Pilot jacket
300 Points - model plane

So assuming you power gamed this it'll take 100 days, 3 trips a day, to get everything minimum
Wow, looks like I still have a lot of work to do. Just unlocked the slippers today. Kind of sucks that it can only be up to 3 points a day, but at least that means it can be unlocked in significantly less than a year.

So based on how you described it, per day it is 1 point for another player's island, 1 point for a mystery tour and 1 point for Harv's Island per day? 3 Mystery Tours per day won't amount to 3 points for a day? Also, 3 different player's islands only count for 1 point per day?

R_N

Wow, looks like I still have a lot of work to do. Just unlocked the slippers today. Kind of sucks that it can only be up to 3 points a day, but at least that means it can be unlocked in significantly less than a year.

So based on how you described it, per day it is 1 point for another player's island, 1 point for a mystery tour and 1 point for Harv's Island per day? 3 Mystery Tours per day won't amount to 3 points for a day? Also, 3 different player's islands only count for 1 point per day?
The only reason I said "island" is because I'm not sure if you can just visit, say, harv's island 3 times a day and call it a day. But it's not 1 per type its just one per island. In the worst case scenario you can just grab 2 tickets, go to harv, then go to 2 mystery tours.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I managed to find Money Island for a second time today. I got a lot of Bells now that I plan on using to buy as many Turnips as I can tomorrow morning.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Only been running into islands with coconuts on them whenever I travel via Dodo airlines. Would love to find some variation lol.

R_N

Most dodo islands are pretty boring on the tree front, sadly. Most of them are jsut your native fruit and a small selection are your sister fruit (ie i have pears & cherries, respectively).
I'd like them to patch in more island variety. Have some common islands that have more interesting things on them.

BCVM22

Only been running into islands with coconuts on them whenever I travel via Dodo airlines. Would love to find some variation lol.

Mystery islands are only ever going to have four coconut trees, with a high chance of otherwise having your native fruit and a small chance of having your second fruit.

The most important thing about the mundane islands is to strip them bare and mine every possible resource, because you won't be penalized for leaving it a barren mess.

• Harvest the coconuts (and secondary fruit, if applicable)
  • Get out your net and shake the trees - catch the wasp (sells for 2,500), grab the wasp's nest, get the furniture item
  • Axe all of the trees for wood and shovel all of the rocks for minerals
  • Chop down some/all of the trees and check the stumps for a bit - right now, rosalia batesi beetles (3,000) and jewel beetles (2,400) are in season
  • Leave a few trees upright and check them for atlas moths (3,000) if it's after 7 PM.

Excellent way to squeeze some value out of the otherwise boring mystery island varieties and stockpile resources without leaving your town a mess.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Got one of my dreamies while taking a break from another game today, Audie!

Whitney remains...

Took 5 tickets and I nearly fell over from shock when I saw her lol

Torpoleon

Just got my Gold HHA trophy! Are there any more special rewards to get from HHA or is the Gold HHA trophy for 150000 points the last one (barring future updates)?

KillerDraco

Just got my Gold HHA trophy! Are there any more special rewards to get from HHA or is the Gold HHA trophy for 150000 points the last one (barring future updates)?

The Gold HHA Trophy for 150,000 points is currently the final unique HHA reward you can obtain.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
a small selection are your sister fruit (ie i have pears & cherries, respectively).

Minor detail, but I just wanted to point out that it's my experience that there is literally only one island type that has a non-native fruit. I've been to that island several times, and never seen another. So unless there's just a really rare one, that's probably it.

R_N

Minor detail, but I just wanted to point out that it's my experience that there is literally only one island type that has a non-native fruit. I've been to that island several times, and never seen another. So unless there's just a really rare one, that's probably it.
Checking the list again... yes you're right
https://wuffs.org/acnh/mysterytour.html
I think last time I looked through it I confused some of the hardwood islands.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Had a meteor shower last night so was finally able to get star fragments to make a wand. Now I just need to invest a lot in able sisters to get enough clothes to make outfits since each piece of clothing only gets one use with the wands.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I've filled up all 8 outfit slots that fast when I got my wand a month ago.

so far I’ve got 4 done though a couple are kinda incomplete as I don’t have all the pieces I want for them. Mostly needing shoes/socks for some of them but never really bothering to stock up since it took so long to get star fragments along with paying off my house (just got the third room, so I got a ways to go on that), Savin up for the royal crown, etc.