• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

R_N

At the very least Redd should be able to double up with another visitor. He is totally segregated from anyone else's space and has his own shop icon! If Celeste & Wisp can wander around at night despite other visitors, then so should Redd.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You know, I completely get the pain with Redd, but at the same time, I kind of don't mind having something like art as a long-term goal. A lot of stuff in this game feels like it was tweaked from previous games to make it happen at a faster pace, so having one thing that occurs slower doesn't necessarily bother me. This is a game I plan to play for years to come.

(Given, I never actually completed the art section of the museum before in any game, so maybe I'm just desensitized...)

R_N

Art's already a pretty long-term goal, though. Ignoring the lead time on needing to upgrade the museum and donate enough to get him to show up, if Redd showed up every single week and each week he had a real version of a painting you need it would take at minimum 43 weeks to fill out that wing of the museum. That's a really long time to begin with!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Art's already a pretty long-term goal, though. Ignoring the lead time on needing to upgrade the museum and donate enough to get him to show up, if Redd showed up every single week and each week he had a real version of a painting you need it would take at minimum 43 weeks to fill out that wing of the museum. That's a really long time to begin with!

It's a long time out of the context of Animal Crossing, but in-context I don't know if you can really say 43 weeks (or about 10 months) is all that long, given that the bug and fish sections will take around 10-12 months to complete. I was basically saying that I don't mind having a goal that takes longer to complete. Of course, the odds of duplicates means it will probably take more than a year anyways, but not necessarily multiple years. Seeing as pretty much everything else in this game can be completed in about a year at most, I kind of like the idea of something taking 2-3 years.

R_N

It's a long time out of the context of Animal Crossing, but in-context I don't know if you can really say 43 weeks (or about 10 months) is all that long, given that the bug and fish sections will take around 10-12 months to complete. I was basically saying that I don't mind having a goal that takes longer to complete. Of course, the odds of duplicates means it will probably take more than a year anyways, but not necessarily multiple years. Seeing as pretty much everything else in this game can be completed in about a year at most, I kind of like the idea of something taking 2-3 years.
Everything in every game can be completed in about a year and I think that's like...more than enough.

10 months is a long time in the context of animal crossing. Nothing should take 2 years (!) to complete.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It took me a whole month to see Redd after the first time, and while I'm fairly certain I must have missed him one week it's even more insane that it could take this long for me to see this dude again. I'm lucky that the first visit had two real paintings and his last visit was another new one, but factoring in duplicates I don't see how we're finishing the art collection in a reasonable time frame. Like, anyone who's keeping up with bugs and fish is easily going to be done with that in about a year, and it's not at all unreasonable to have the entire fossil collection done in a few months, even less if you have friends keeping tabs on missing fossils because you get several checks every single day.

What I don't need is to see Leif tell me about the azalea for the 100th time, thanks.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Everything in every game can be completed in about a year and I think that's like...more than enough.

10 months is a long time in the context of animal crossing. Nothing should take 2 years (!) to complete.

This just kind of circles me back to my original post. I completely understand the pain, but at the same time, on a personal level at least, I'll probably be playing this game for at least a year regularly, and then at least another year or two semi-regularly anyways, so I might as well have something to try to accomplish during that time.

That being said, I'm not advocating that it should take that long, simply that I don't really mind if it does.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Yeah Leif is the only visitor I ignore. I'm fine with my flowers and azaleas. No need to buy more.

Make me replace him with somebody else plz.

KillerDraco

Leif is fine IMO, it's just that he'd be better suited to a permanent shop. Him and Kicks both, honestly. If they did have permanent shops, that would take two of the guaranteed weekly visitor days and open them to other visitors. We already know that you're guaranteed to have Leif, Kicks, and Saharah each week, while Flick, CJ, Redd, Label, and Gulliver fight it out for those last two days. What kills me is Gulliver and Label; they're sort of a one-and-done deal yet they occupy the visitor slot for the entire day.

I really wish certain visitors could occur concurrently, such as Label + any non-plaza visitor, or Redd + another visitor. Some of these being limited to just one visitor per day is what makes them lose their luster. I'm not unhappy to see Leif today, especially since the Hydrangeas are in season now so I can start working on those, but when it's been 3+ weeks since I've seen Redd... maybe I'd wish for someone different, especially since in theory as long as you don't have two NPCs competing for the same space (namely, the plaza) they could have appeared together rather than one per day.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So, I was in a little of a time crunch today, so I decided that for the wedding photo today I would just see what happened when I placed as many wedding furniture items as I could by simply spamming the place button. Doing this got me the most heart crystals I've ever gotten with 11. Now I have to question what the point of even doing this event properly is, if all I need to do is spam one button and get a bigger reward than normal in a fraction of the time, but I guess it will make life easier once we all inevitably get sick of this event.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Kicks should have had his own shop. He is really the only reliable source to buy multiple bags and shoes from in one trip. The Able Sisters only have one bag in the store at a time.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I got my first unannounced meteor shower today.

I also failed catching the Goliath beetle for the fourth time. :<

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I have yet to see a Goliath beetle. My chances are very, very slim due to me having 4 palm trees in my island.

Might do KillerDraco's advice on getting one next month. Where tons of new rare bugs appearing in July. :eek:

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Random piece of advice that might or might not help you, depending on your problem; I've noticed that in this game that shadows of the palm trees tend to be a pretty good indicator of where you should swing your net. Just creep up to edge of the shadow, then swing. There's some variance in this depending on what time you're playing, so you might have to adjust slightly, but it's generally a good indicator.

I have yet to see a Goliath beetle. My chances are very, very slim due to me having 4 palm trees in my island.

Might do KillerDraco's advice on getting one next month. Where tons of new rare bugs appearing in July. :eek:

Might I suggest planting more palm trees? Palm trees bugs are one of the best ways to earn money in the game. It's not much right now with just goliath beetles, but come next month, you're going to want more. Trust me, it will be worth it. I've got as many as I can cram into my beach without looking overcrowded, myself. Can't wait for July to come and put them to full use.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Might I suggest planting more palm trees? Palm trees bugs are one of the best ways to earn money in the game. It's not much right now with just goliath beetles, but come next month, you're going to want more. Trust me, it will be worth it. I've got as many as I can cram into my beach without looking overcrowded, myself. Can't wait for July to come and put them to full use.
I try not fill a lot of things in the sand. But I'll do your suggestion to plant more palm trees.

EDIT: Come to think about it. Yeah 4 palm trees is NOT enough to catch beetles and stag bugs.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I try not fill a lot of things in the sand. But I'll do your suggestion to plant more palm trees.

EDIT: Come to think about it. Yeah 4 palm trees is NOT enough to catch beetles and stag bugs.
I have six palm trees on my Island and I think that’s enough. My beach coast isn’t very big in most parts and I’m trying to create a small area where you can relax by the ocean. It’s also enough for you to gather enough coconuts to earn lots of Bells.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Just curious, why don't you want to fill your beach? Personally, I probably have something around 20-25 palm trees on my beaches (at least that's my best guess without counting), and I still feel I have plenty of room, and am not crowded at all. I place one tree about every three or four spaces, and it seems to work quite nicely.

I have six palm trees on my Island and I think that’s enough. My beach coast isn’t very big in most parts and I’m trying to create a small area where you can relax by the ocean. It’s also enough for you to gather enough coconuts to earn lots of Bells.

Six may be enough for you to catch a small handful of the palm tree bugs, but trust me, you'll be missing out on a ton of bells, come July. If you think you're earning lots of bells by selling 12 coconuts every couple of days, the amount you can get from palm tree bug hunting will dwarf that.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
One frog, (lily) doesn't like me at all. idk why

Villagers shouldn't dislike you. Even the cranky and snooty villagers that use to be mean are always nice in this game. What makes you think she doesn't like you? She's a normal personality type, which as far as I've seen, say nothing but nice things.