• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
though wouldn’t we have to “destroy” (ie removing rocks, bushes, trees and flowers) our islands then? I know in new leaf you tear out everything except the palm trees to increase the spawn rate, kindA like people do now with tarantula/scorpion islands, wouldn’t the same principle apply here too? Don’t get me wrong I’m sure you could still make decent enough money but I dunno about cranking out a million a day or whatever.

You could, but that's just reaching obsessive levels that probably aren't worth it. You absolutely don't need to though, if you have enough palm trees, you'll be able to find and catch several pockets full of valuable bugs and fish a night. I never claimed you could make a million a day, but you could easily make hundreds of thousands. On a rainy night you might even be able to push close to a million, if you play for a while and are lucky. Bar going all in on turnips, it's by far the best way to make money in Animal Crossing.

BCVM22

I made 200,000 from just one hour of night fishing this month. CJ and luck played some part in that, but between the sharks in the ocean and the giant river fish that came into season in June and go for 10,000-15,000 each, you can make very, very good money if you fish for hours during the overnight.

R_N

I'm starting to think being a multimillionaire is basically a must to keep up with this game.
If you want all the items mostly but otherwise no. It's more just a thing to fill time. Once you reach a certain amoutn of money you're basically set

not helped by there just...somehow being even less uses for money outside of the randomly expensive items that show up

There's no public works outside of the bridges & inclines and you're probably going to run out of those pretty quick. A lot of items are crafted. The house is nowhere near as expensive because it's missing a bunch of upgrades. There's no GracieGrace, the former big money sink in the game.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
To buy the crown though, you need a lot of money to enter royalty, like a million and so bells.

So prepare to be the Fresh Prince of Bell-aire.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
To buy the crown though, you need a lot of money to enter royalty, like a million and so bells.

So prepare to be the Fresh Prince of Bell-aire.

That's really just one million bell purchase though. After that, there's not much to do with your money.

Personally, my play style is all about earning as much money as possible, so my personal goal is to become a multimillionaire, but you definitely don't need to become one by any means.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
You could, but that's just reaching obsessive levels that probably aren't worth it. You absolutely don't need to though, if you have enough palm trees, you'll be able to find and catch several pockets full of valuable bugs and fish a night. I never claimed you could make a million a day, but you could easily make hundreds of thousands. On a rainy night you might even be able to push close to a million, if you play for a while and are lucky. Bar going all in on turnips, it's by far the best way to make money in Animal Crossing.

The animal crossing fandom has its obsessive group who would do such a thing. Yeah I planted a bunch of palm trees cause I knew once summer arrived the valuable bugs would appear, and youtubers will post “make a million bells in an hour” vids. But Ya this is how I planned to make a fortune as turnips are too risky for me since I don’t have time to check out a dozen sites for huge turnip prices nor would I have anyone to trade with even if I did.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
The animal crossing fandom has its obsessive group who would do such a thing. Yeah I planted a bunch of palm trees cause I knew once summer arrived the valuable bugs would appear, and youtubers will post “make a million bells in an hour” vids. But Ya this is how I planned to make a fortune as turnips are too risky for me since I don’t have time to check out a dozen sites for huge turnip prices nor would I have anyone to trade with even if I did.

One thing is true of any video game. Inevitably there will be a hard-core community that becomes obsessed with min-maxing everything. You expect it in competitive games like Pokémon or Smash Bros, but as little sense as it makes, it will also pop up in inherently casual and slow-placed games like Animal Crossing.

And I'm with you on the turnip thing. Either you do them by yourself and they're too risky, or you min-max it and travel to other islands online, and suddenly make the earning millions of bells become trivial, diminishing the value and entertainment of all other forms of bell-earning. I'll stick with bug hunting and fishing.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
One thing is true of any video game. Inevitably there will be a hard-core community that becomes obsessed with min-maxing everything. You expect it in competitive games like Pokémon or Smash Bros, but as little sense as it makes, it will also pop up in inherently casual and slow-placed games like Animal Crossing.

And I'm with you on the turnip thing. Either you do them by yourself and they're too risky, or you min-max it and travel to other islands online, and suddenly make the earning millions of bells become trivial, diminishing the value and entertainment of all other forms of bell-earning. I'll stick with bug hunting and fishing.

ya this game is more addicting than cocaine to some folks. I enjoy the series as it takes my mind off the world for awhile (which we definitely need right now), but could never put in the effort that some others do.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I successfully caught all the insects and fish for June. Yeah!

R_N

Only fish I have left is one of the rare pond fish, now. Caught the last shark I needed last night.

It bugs me how small they've made all the large shadows in this game but for some insane reason the Ribbon Eel now has this huge, uniquely squiggly shadow to it. I know the Eel has always had a unique, long shadow but it really sticks out now that they've homogenized the shadows so hard.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It bugs me how small they've made all the large shadows in this game but for some insane reason the Ribbon Eel now has this huge, uniquely squiggly shadow to it. I know the Eel has always had a unique, long shadow but it really sticks out now that they've homogenized the shadows so hard.

I know exactly what your saying. It especially is obnoxious when you see a ribbon eel from far away and side-on. You can't tell at all that it's skinny, and it looks like it's the size that a large fish should be.

Having seen that they for some reason put the Gar in the holding ponds instead of the river, I think that's the reason. The holding ponds can be so small in this game, that they needed to make the huge fish look smaller in order to fit them. I suppose the same might also be true of fish like arapaima in the river, if you for some reason changed your river to only be one square wide. Since the ocean can never be small, they were able to make ribbon eels larger.

R_N

I know exactly what your saying. It especially is obnoxious when you see a ribbon eel from far away and side-on. You can't tell at all that it's skinny, and it looks like it's the size that a large fish should be.

Having seen that they for some reason put the Gar in the holding ponds instead of the river, I think that's the reason. The holding ponds can be so small in this game, that they needed to make the huge fish look smaller in order to fit them. I suppose the same might also be true of fish like arapaima in the river, if you for some reason changed your river to only be one square wide. Since the ocean can never be small, they were able to make ribbon eels larger.
On the other hand it makes no sense for the ocean fish to also be so small. The sharks are tiny now

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
On the other hand it makes no sense for the ocean fish to also be so small. The sharks are tiny now

I agree they shouldn't by any means, but since they keep fish sizes consistent, a huge fish in a pond has to be the same size as a huge fish in the ocean. Though, perhaps at the very least, they could have created a new, larger, size for sharks, since they're basically in a category all their own anyways.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I decided to try my luck on finding the last bug (Goliath beetle) of June. And I stumbled upon a mystery island that has them!

Done with this month's creatures, I now await July.

Torpoleon

Do bamboo trees not grow on the beach? I have several that i planted several days ago that have not grown yet.

Torpoleon

They can’t grow on beaches. Only palm trees can as of right now. Maybe bananas if they are ever added into the game.
Oh. That explains why mine aren't growing. So, could I just dig these ones up and place them on grass or are the ones that I planted on the beach not good anymore?