• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

R_N

Has anyone found the Walkingstick in the rain?
By all counts it really shouldn't matter, it's a tree bug not an overworld spawn, but for something with a 10% spawn rate it's weird to not seeit despite circling this mystery island (typical generic island) for the better part of an hour. Meanwhile I have like 7 walking leaves from this session alone.

on the bright side i got 2 horned elephants and a cicada shell.
Also got the Giant Stag last night and the pufferfish today. Getting there!

e: another cicada shell!

Genos

TTYD
Cicada Shell (did you know this is a 1% spawn??)
Wow I didn't know that! I thought it's 10 bells worth meant it was going to be very common. :oops: Luckily I caught one during the first day.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
By all counts it really shouldn't matter, it's a tree bug not an overworld spawn, but for something with a 10% spawn rate it's weird to not seeit despite circling this mystery island (typical generic island) for the better part of an hour. Meanwhile I have like 7 walking leaves from this session alone.

Yeah, I had no problem finding a Walkingstick either in the sun or in the rain. It was quite common for a 10% spawn rate bug. I had a terrible time finding a Giraffe Stag and a Gold Stag, finally managing to find them this morning, but still, they lived up to their 1% spawn rate.

Reactions: R_N

KillerDraco

on the bright side i got 2 horned elephants and a cicada shell.
Also got the Giant Stag last night and the pufferfish today. Getting there!

e: another cicada shell!

I can't say I had any issue finding the walking stick when I was actively looking for it, but it is worth noting that it's more subtle and easier to miss than most other tree clingers. Once I knew what I was looking for though, it was pretty easy to add to my collection.

R_N

I can't say I had any issue finding the walking stick when I was actively looking for it, but it is worth noting that it's more subtle and easier to miss than most other tree clingers. Once I knew what I was looking for though, it was pretty easy to add to my collection.
It always was harder to spot than other bugs, I suppose it might be even worse now. Does it still "fade out" like in CF & NL? Got an image of it on a tree?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I still have to get nine creatures for the museum. They are as follows:
Gigas Giant Clam
Mantis Shrimp
Horseshoe Crab
Golden Stag
Giraffe Stag
Horned Atlus
Horned Hercules
Walking Stick
Ocean Sunfish

I caught the scarab beetle and giant stag this morning.

In case people don't know, nookipedia has a list of sea creatures and their available months and hours.

Edit: Also, where are people getting the spawn rates? I heard some of the valuable ones have been nerfed.

Last edited:

R_N

I still have to get nine creatures for the museum. They are as follows:
Gigas Giant Clam
Mantis Shrimp
Horseshoe Crab
Golden Stag
Giraffe Stag
Horned Atlus
Horned Hercules
Walking Stick
Ocean Sunfish

I caught the scarab beetle and giant stag this morning.

In case people don't know, nookipedia has a list of sea creatures and their available months and hours.

Edit: Also, where are people getting the spawn rates? I heard some of the valuable ones have been nerfed.
These were the rates as of 1.2.0, and the one I'm referencing
https://wuffs.org/acnh/insects120.html

Unsure if they've been changed in 1.3 any.

KillerDraco

I am infuriated! Redd shows up for the first time in 3 weeks... Only to bring 4 Fakes. This is the second time in a row he's done this to me!

The dreams of finishing the art gallery drift ever further away...

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
It always was harder to spot than other bugs, I suppose it might be even worse now. Does it still "fade out" like in CF & NL? Got an image of it on a tree?
I can confirm that in New Horizons, they do fade, and they also make the "runaway noise" (like a pillbug running away).

If you still don't have it, it's a good idea to find them on coconut trees. They are easier to find there, and you can hunt for other bugs for dobnations/money as well.

Genos

TTYD
Eyyy Gulliver has returned to my island after literally a full month of hiatus.

In sailor uniform not as a pirate. I care less about that, as I'm glad he's back.

BCVM22

Pascal appears daily, always automatically and always to for your first (sometimes second) scallop. He's not part of the visitor rotation.

If you're close enough to the barrier, you can follow him as he swims away and watch him crack open and eat the scallop, as all good otters do.

KillerDraco

I gotta say, Pascal has been pretty stingy with recipes for me. For the past three days in a row, he's given me pearls. I got the Mermaid Flooring and Mermaid Shelf the first two days, followed by the Mermaid Dress, but since then it's been nothing but Pearls. I figured he'd function like Celeste where he gives you recipes you don't have first and foremost, and once you have them all, starts giving materials instead. But apparently this is not the case... At least when he does start giving me recipes again, I should have enough Pearls to craft them. I've got 9 now; 3 from Pascal, and 6 from random dives.

R_N

Considering how rare pearls are to find while diving (I've done almost 200 dives and only found a single pearl) I'm kind of grateful for him not guaranteeing recipes at this point. Also easier to accept since he shows up every day instead of once a week.

Today I got the Walking Stick. That one is pretty tricky to spot, I was lucky it showed up on a pine tree, I'd probably have missed it if it was on a normal tree. So that just leaves the Scarab Beetle, and hunting that still turning up nothing, but last night was pretty nice. Got the Golden Beetle and 3 (!) Giant Beetles, plus a few assorted palm tree beetles.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
All that's left for me is the Golden Stag, personally.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Been a while since I've been able to get on here and post, but I am certainly enjoying July so far. Very happy to be back to hunting for palm tree bugs. Pretty excited that they added a new super valuable one with the giraffe stag, though not so happy that they added one that that's not worth anything with the blue weevil beetle. Between those blue weevils and all the common beetles like drones and miyamas being able to spawn on palm trees, I really miss the good old days where only valuable stuff would spawn on them. What's really surprising me is how rare the palm tree bugs are. They're not necessarily more rare than they were in City Folk (though probably rarer than New Leaf), but given how everything valuable in this game seems so much more common than they ever used to be in previous games, including fin fish, coelacanths, tarantulas, scorpions, and more, I was expecting the palm tree bugs to be relatively common as well. I can't say that's a bad thing, as I don't really want them to be too easy to catch, but I was kind of looking forward to how common I expected them to be.

As for the update, it's pretty much gone as I expected. They didn't do anything to change diving to make it more entertaining. All you do is just swim around in circles until you stumble upon something, and after that it's pure luck whether or not it's something good. Not really that engaging of an experience. And since I have zero interest in the mermaid items, I don't really see myself using the feature much once I catch and donate one of everything. Haven't seen pirate Gulliver yet, so I can't comment on that aspect.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
And, that's everything. Got every fish, bug and sea creature for this month.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There have been two glitches I've been getting ever since the update, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced them. One is that I'm getting hermit crabs to spawn in the strangest places, including past point you can walk on the beach, on the airport dock, and on top of rocks. Since hermit crabs aren't normally aloud to spawn in these places, they'll disappear the moment you get them out of their shells. Second is that every once in a while after I talk to a villager, as the conversation ends, they'll momentarily go into "thought bubble" mode, as if they wanted to speak to you. They will exit this mode within a split second, and talking to them will not trigger any special conversations.

I'm wondering if the hermit crab thing has anything to do with the fact that hermit crabs can now be found on islands, which didn't happen before the update. Perhaps in messing with the parameters for hermit crab spawn points, they broke something in the process.