• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

KillerDraco

Never seen a Hermit crab spawn anywhere except on the beach. I have seen the split second thought bubble, although it normally only occurs after a villager does the exclamation + run up to me occurrence.

In other news, for the fourth day in a row, Pascal has given me a pearl. Mrgrgr.

R_N

I've seen the hermit crab spawn on the black rocks near the airport and several of those thought bubbles, yeah.

Also despite the apparent change to visitors yesterday I had Saharah & today I had Leif.

I am not entertaining prospects of not getting Kicks today or tomorrow

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Eyyy Gulliver has returned to my island after literally a full month of hiatus.

In sailor uniform not as a pirate. I care less about that, as I'm glad he's back.

I've never seen him as a pirate before. I've always seen him as a sailor.

When does he become a pirate?

Zora

perpetually tired
HI y'all. My town is selling turnips at 624 bells. No entry fee. Dodo code is currently [outdated code], but will need to go offline in about 90 minutes.

Edit: closed gated for now.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

I've never seen him as a pirate before. I've always seen him as a sailor.

When does he become a pirate?

Part of the 1.3.0 update. He's considered a separate visitor, and you have to dive for his phone rather than digging up parts, so he'll only appear after you obtain your first wetsuit. All of the items he gives are pirate-themed in this iteration.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Part of the 1.3.0 update. He's considered a separate visitor, and you have to dive for his phone rather than digging up parts, so he'll only appear after you obtain your first wetsuit. All of the items he gives are pirate-themed in this iteration.

Ah. I should be seeing him soon then, I hope.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Got pirate Gulliver (or rather, Gullivarr, ha ha) yesterday. Now I just want to know if there's some sort of in-universe reason why Gulliver is suddenly pirate, or if it's just meant to be taken as a gag.

Also, it's time for a crazy and unfounded theory. The pirate furniture may not have been in the game prior to this update, but the flooring that goes with it was. This makes me think of another furniture theme that's missing, but still has its walling and flooring present, the sci-fi theme. This makes me wonder if maybe they have a plan to introduce a whole slew of alternate Gulliver personas, and one of them could be spaceman Gulliver from Wild World/City Folk, who could give you the sci-fi furniture. I would love an excuse to have space Gulliver back, I was so bummed when they made him boring again in New Leaf. Driving a UFO is so much cooler than being a castaway. Of course, there's literally no actual evidence for that theory, but it's interesting to think about.

R_N

The sci-fi items being tied to Gulliver-Astronaught isn't that crazy a theory but I really hope they don't keep tying all the many, many missing furniture series & sets to visitors and/or recipes

Like seriously:
-Alpine
-Astro
-Balloon (I mean I hate this one but--)
-Sloppy
-Cabin
-Simple (interestingly the lamp is still around)
-Polka Dot
-Fish
-Bug

And of course an assortment of smaller sets like the previously mentioned Sci-Fi, Chess and the Nintendo set(s)

The 5 (!) gracie series I can at least entertain will come eventually as part of a GracieGrace expansion or something (i mean IDEALLY its an expansion and not another damn visitor slot). And the creepy series might be tied to something else in addition to the Spooky series for Halloween. But geeze, what a bummer.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Mountaineer Gulliver

Time Travelling Gulliver

Clown Gulliver

Lazy Gulliver

Hiker Gulliver

Boring Gulliver

-Polka Dot

Pop Artist Gulliver

Fishing Gulliver

Etymologist Gulliver

You will have two weeks straight of nothing but Gulliver visiting, and you will like it.

On a more serious note, I am interested to see how they will implement new regular furniture, if they do. Will it just be added to the shop? Will it be sold at a new special shop? Would it come with a new upgrade to Nook's? As pointed out, there's so much stuff missing, that I got to assume we'll get a furniture update at some point. Now that I've said it, I'm thinking the new upgrade to Nook's makes the most sense.

KillerDraco

There have been two glitches I've been getting ever since the update, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced them. One is that I'm getting hermit crabs to spawn in the strangest places, including past point you can walk on the beach, on the airport dock, and on top of rocks. Since hermit crabs aren't normally aloud to spawn in these places, they'll disappear the moment you get them out of their shells. Second is that every once in a while after I talk to a villager, as the conversation ends, they'll momentarily go into "thought bubble" mode, as if they wanted to speak to you. They will exit this mode within a split second, and talking to them will not trigger any special conversations.

I'm wondering if the hermit crab thing has anything to do with the fact that hermit crabs can now be found on islands, which didn't happen before the update. Perhaps in messing with the parameters for hermit crab spawn points, they broke something in the process.

1.3.1 update dropped last night, fixing both of these bugs plus a few others. So, this should no longer by a concern for you.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I noticed there was a free NSO gift of a black silk Nook Inc. carpet, but like, where is it? I didn't see it in my mail.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I noticed there was a free NSO gift of a black silk Nook Inc. carpet, but like, where is it? I didn't see it in my mail.

I haven't actually seen anything about this, but if it's anything like the first Nook Inc. silk carpet, then it's separate downloadable content you have to download from the e-shop.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I haven't actually seen anything about this, but if it's anything like the first Nook Inc. silk carpet, then it's separate downloadable content you have to download from the e-shop.
I think I did just that. I was on the NSO page, and noticed it being listed, so I downloaded it. Keep in mind that the NSO page is a subsection of the eshop page.

KillerDraco

Also, one other sneaky update that you may or may not have noticed... KK Slider is no longer here on the Friday before the fishing tourney/Bug Off! I've heard from a friend who TT'ed that he's now on Sundays when an event displaces him, which works out better since you don't really have another visitor beyond Daisy Mae on Sunday anyway. A nice change, TBH.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think I did just that. I was on the NSO page, and noticed it being listed, so I downloaded it. Keep in mind that the NSO page is a subsection of the eshop page.

Okay, then also thinking back to the first one, the DLC didn't actually give you the item, it just gave you the ability to purchase it using Nook Miles from the terminal.

Also, one other sneaky update that you may or may not have noticed... KK Slider is no longer here on the Friday before the fishing tourney/Bug Off! I've heard from a friend who TT'ed that he's now on Sundays when an event displaces him, which works out better since you don't really have another visitor beyond Daisy Mae on Sunday anyway. A nice change, TBH.

Ooh, I like that change. It's minor, but nice.

Genos

TTYD
Sunday is getting some love!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Okay, here's another possible glitch I found. Twice tonight I captured a carp (not a crucian carp) in my river. I've captured clifftop river fish, such as the cherry salmon, in clifftop ponds before, but I've never heard of catching a pond fish in the river before. Oddly enough, both of the carp I caught were in the same stretch of river, which was located relatively close to a pond, so I'm forced to wonder if there was some sort of bizarre spawnpoint overlap. And, for the record, I've captured plenty of river fish in this same spot before. Oh, and I haven't updated my game with last night's patch yet, so if this glitch was fixed, I wouldn't have the fix.

KillerDraco

Interestingly enough, it seems like the points from the Fishing Tourneys are cumulative. So if you didn't get 300 in the Spring, your scoring will pick up from wherever you left off and you'll have an easier time getting to the Gold Trophy. If you did get 300 points last time though, you won't get any new trophies. Still, it's nice for those who may be busy and/or otherwise unable to grind out 300 points in a single sitting.