• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

R_N

is it actually cumulative or is it just carrying over your poitns so you can spend them?

I had a friend who definitely got the 100 points for bronze last time (130, specifically) but I'm pretty sure still had to grind out 300 this time to get the gold.

I wasn't able to do the tourney today so I couldn't say either way.

KillerDraco

is it actually cumulative or is it just carrying over your poitns so you can spend them?

I had a friend who definitely got the 100 points for bronze last time (130, specifically) but I'm pretty sure still had to grind out 300 this time to get the gold.

I wasn't able to do the tourney today so I couldn't say either way.

A friend of mine only got to silver last time, and got the Gold Trophy for 300 points almost immediately after starting. I'd say that sounds pretty cumulative to me.

Reactions: R_N

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
From what I've seen, it's cumulative in terms of getting the trophies, but in terms of spending points to get fish swag, you can only spend points you get during the specific tournament. I really hope it's the same with the Bug catching tournaments as well since due to my island's layout, I can't reliably get a lot of bugs in one sitting in the Bug catching tournament.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Huh, taking into consideration that it's cumulative actually makes the event make a whole lot more sense. Rather than expecting you to grind for three hours straight, they expected you to participate a little here and a little there until you get gold. It kind of makes the trophy feel a little more insignificant, but things make more sense. I wonder why that isn't made clear in the instructions for the event.

Also, I didn't bother participating today, since I got everything last time. Can you still get a second gold trophy if you are so inclined?

KillerDraco

Also, I didn't bother participating today, since I got everything last time. Can you still get a second gold trophy if you are so inclined?

Doesn't seem like it, since CJ didn't mention any of the 100/200/300 point benchmarks while I did it today, given I got the Gold Trophy in the Spring Tourney. But I suppose the proof will come tomorrow when I see if he sends any mail my way.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You know what’s really weird? KK didn’t visit my Island this week. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch or not. All I know is he wasn’t there on Friday and I thought that I had missed Friday for my daily check in but I got the multiday Nook Miles from the Machine and it wasn’t on Day one.

Genos

TTYD
The Napoleonfish has been caught! All bugs, fish, and deep sea creatures of July is now complete!

Scored over 100 points in yesterday's fishing tourney. Did much better than last time.

BCVM22

You know what’s really weird? KK didn’t visit my Island this week. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch or not. All I know is he wasn’t there on Friday and I thought that I had missed Friday for my daily check in but I got the multiday Nook Miles from the Machine and it wasn’t on Day one.

Check back a page - the latest update shifted K.K.’s weekly visit to Sunday in weeks when a tournament displaces him on Saturday.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Doesn't seem like it, since CJ didn't mention any of the 100/200/300 point benchmarks while I did it today, given I got the Gold Trophy in the Spring Tourney. But I suppose the proof will come tomorrow when I see if he sends any mail my way.
No doubles of the trophies. Just the items.

Huh. That's too bad. I always enjoyed collecting gold trophies in previous games. Kind of makes consecutive Fishing Tournies and Bug-Offs even more worthless than they already are. Oh well, at least Flick and C.J. visiting is an event in of itself for making major money.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Finally got my 5 star town rating, turns out I was pretty close to it for a few weeks now and was only missing a little bit of extra fencing. Not being lazy goes a long way it seems. Still got lilies growing like weeds that I need to clean up at some point though, time to get those gold roses going in the meantime.

Also managed to pick up a Giraffe Stag and Golden Stag so I'm done with the summer beetles now, and by extension all of the bugs this month. Just need to get a Vampire Squid, Pop-Eyed Goldfish, Mahi-Mahi, and Saddled Bichir to get everything I'm missing that's available this month. Not really sure how I've managed to go this long without ever getting a Pop-Eyed Goldfish naturally but I'll probably take my time on the Mahi-Mahi, used at least 200 bait yesterday to get 3 Napoleonfish and 5 Blue Marlins instead.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Still got lilies growing like weeds that I need to clean up at some point though, time to get those gold roses going in the meantime.
About 1/3 of my Island has been overrun by hyacinths (no surprise there as it is my native flower), windflowers, And toa lesser extent roses. The tulips really are getting out of hand and there are far to many for me to dig up and throw away than I have storage space to keep them all until I toss them! I got some of the hybrid colors but it’s becoming to much to handle!

R_N

I have a ton of flowers all over the island I need to clean up but it just keeps reminding me that shovels are the only way to do this and shovels have durability

The dumbest, most worthless mechanic in the game

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I have a ton of flowers all over the island I need to clean up but it just keeps reminding me that shovels are the only way to do this and shovels have durability

They better give us more ore with one of them being able to make unbreakable tools.

I love the crafting aspect sans the lack of multi-crafting but tools breaking is bad.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

I would have been fine if it was an early mechanic thing, or if the gold items never break, but it just gets old after a bit.

Genos

TTYD
Finally got my 5 star town rating, turns out I was pretty close to it for a few weeks now and was only missing a little bit of extra fencing.
That's what I needed too! A small set of fence that counted towards getting a 5 star rating on my island last month. Still maintaining 5 stars, thanks to now 3 Jacob's ladder appearing on my island. Just getting rid of some flowers once a week.

200 pop balloons in, now received the golden slingshot recipe! It's much faster, though I like the golden slingshot more from NL where it shoots 3 pellets instead of 1 (why didn't they bring that back?).

2 golden tools now obtained.

R_N

Still hunting for the scarab beetle. I put in a new ramp to help facilitate it but still no luck. May switch to nook islands just because its easier to make an area how you want it.

KillerDraco

I can definitely say the visitor system overhaul was a good thing, I've definitely been getting more meaningful visits as of late. At this point, my desire for specific visitors would be:

Most wanted: Redd, Gullivarr
Moderately wanted: Flick, CJ, Gulliver, Saharah
Don't care: Leif, Kicks, Label

...Now if only Redd was made a guaranteed once per week visitor, and campers were guaranteed once per week, then I'd be 100% happy.