• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I had Redd and Flick this week. Got a new genuine painting.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I can definitely say the visitor system overhaul was a good thing, I've definitely been getting more meaningful visits as of late. At this point, my desire for specific visitors would be:

Most wanted: Redd, Gullivarr
Moderately wanted: Flick, CJ, Gulliver, Saharah
Don't care: Leif, Kicks, Label

...Now if only Redd was made a guaranteed once per week visitor, and campers were guaranteed once per week, then I'd be 100% happy.
I wish your "don't cares" get their own shops sometime. I wouldn't even care if we got to fly to them.

KillerDraco

I wish your "don't cares" get their own shops sometime. I wouldn't even care if we got to fly to them.

Oh, I concur, it'd be ideal if they were permanent shops, especially considering that they had said shops in New Leaf. My assessment is merely regarding the current status of things. The less desirable visitors having permanent shops would also mean a better chance of more desirable visitors showing up as well.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Oh, I concur, it'd be ideal if they were permanent shops, especially considering that they had said shops in New Leaf. My assessment is merely regarding the current status of things. The less desirable visitors having permanent shops would also mean a better chance of more desirable visitors showing up as well.
Plus, you could potentially get those said visitors to sell a bigger selection.

R_N

I like Label since her role kind of expands. You get more tickets and she'll give you stuff from her line and then you can get the other colors out of the shop. She has a bunch of different clothes to give too.

So unlike Kicks & Leif it doesnt feel like she SHOULD be part of abels. She's not arbitrarily selling items.

KillerDraco

I like Label since her role kind of expands. You get more tickets and she'll give you stuff from her line and then you can get the other colors out of the shop. She has a bunch of different clothes to give too.

So unlike Kicks & Leif it doesnt feel like she SHOULD be part of abels. She's not arbitrarily selling items.

Perhaps, but given there's a finite amount of clothes she can give, I always imagined her endgame was integrating back in with her sisters. I mean, once you've gotten one of each of her items, she becomes rather lackluster. Tailor tickets aren't really anything special in all honesty, since with only a few small exceptions most clothes are pretty cheap as is.

R_N

Perhaps, but given there's a finite amount of clothes she can give, I always imagined her endgame was integrating back in with her sisters. I mean, once you've gotten one of each of her items, she becomes rather lackluster. Tailor tickets aren't really anything special in all honesty, since with only a few small exceptions most clothes are pretty cheap as is.
in fairness while there is a finite amount of clothes she gives considering you're only going to see her once every two weeks on average it is going to take approximately....6 months, ish, to get everything.
I at least appreciate the tailor tickets anyway. Clothes arent very expensive but its still nice to save a few bucks for comparatively little effort.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I nearly had a perfect week of visitors. Monday was CJ, Tuesday was Gullivarr, Wednesday was...Kicks, Thursday was Gulliver, and Friday was Flick.

Speaking of CJ, I wish we could get models of the sea creatures made. I get things like seaweed is strange for that but imagine a Gigas Giant Clam, Spider Crab models and such!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Just found another random glitch. One of my villagers placed a two space item on the far side of a table against a wall, such that the right side of the item was hanging off the side of table and passing through the wall. At first, all I could see was the half the item, which looked relatively normal because it was the science experiment set, which is composed of several items, but I found it confusing because I've never seen this half item in their house before. But then, once I rotated the camera so I saw "the void" instead of the wall, I could see the rest of the item hanging over the void. Very strange.

Don't take this as me bashing the game's quality, but I'm surprised, this is the fourth obvious glitch I've encountered so far in this game. I'm not saying that Animal Crossing has always been glitchless, but usually the glitches are only visible if you go out of your way to hunt them. The hermit crabs, thought bubble, pond fish in river, and now this glitch are all fairly obvious and take no hunting to find. I'm shocked so many of these relatively obvious glitches have made it past quality assurance.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Just caught a great white shark! It caught me off guard. :)

KillerDraco

Keep in mind that since there's less than a week left in July, three critters go out of season in August; the honeybee, the tadpole, and seaweed. Fortunately all three are exceedingly common, so if for whatever reason you haven't caught them yet, it shouldn't be much difficulty to do so.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Had a fun observation today. Talking to Flick before the Bug-Off started, he said something along the lines of "Bug-Off, is there any more beautiful words in the Animalese language?" Now, I could be wrong, but as far as I know, this is the first ever in-universe mention of Animalese. Perhaps even more interesting is the fact that this would be the first time that Animalese is referred to as a language, meaning that in-universe, that's actually how the characters sound, and Animalese isn't just sound effects representing their actual speech, like one might assume. Animal Crossing doesn't really have that much in the way of lore, so there's a unique little tidbit.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Anyone not have Flick show up at all for the Bug-Off? He never showed up in my game today and I was really looking forward to the Bug-Off. :(

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Now, I could be wrong, but as far as I know, this is the first ever in-universe mention of Animalese.
Not sure if this counts, but I think, in City Folk, when you pick up the phone in the attic, it will allow you to pick animalese as a setting.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Anyone not have Flick show up at all for the Bug-Off? He never showed up in my game today and I was really looking forward to the Bug-Off. :(

That's bizarre. Did you have C.J. show up two weeks ago for the Fishing Tourney? Did Flick show up for last month's Bug-Off?

Unless your clock isn't to the right date, the only possible reason I can think of for the event not happening is that you're still early in the game. Have you recently started playing? Have you completed the tutorial yet by having K.K. come to your town? If that's not it, then I've got nothing for you.

Not sure if this counts, but I think, in City Folk, when you pick up the phone in the attic, it will allow you to pick animalese as a setting.

Yeah, I wasn't really counting that as "in-universe" since it's essentially an options menu. Wouldn't really make in-universe sense for your character to dial up Rover and ask him to make everyone speak a different language. I was more referring to actual character dialogue.