• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
That's bizarre. Did you have C.J. show up two weeks ago for the Fishing Tourney? Did Flick show up for last month's Bug-Off?

Unless your clock isn't to the right date, the only possible reason I can think of for the event not happening is that you're still early in the game. Have you recently started playing? Have you completed the tutorial yet by having K.K. come to your town? If that's not it, then I've got nothing for you.

Yeah, I wasn't really counting that as "in-universe" since it's essentially an options menu. Wouldn't really make in-universe sense for your character to dial up Rover and ask him to make everyone speak a different language. I was more referring to actual character dialogue.
Nope. Not that I know of. Just the usual characters. Do I have to reach a certain part of the game to have them show up?

I'm at the part of the game where I've gotten the ladder and I'm working on more future residents houses.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm at the part of the game where I've gotten the ladder and I'm working on more future residents houses.

Yeah, that explains it. You're still in the tutorial portion of the game. During this period, there's a lot of stuff that doesn't happen. I don't know specifically what does and doesn't occur, but the Bug-Off not going on makes sense. Once you get K.K. to make his first appearance, you'll be in the clear.

I wouldn't worry too much though. There will be another Bug-Off next month, and that's more than enough time to complete the tutorial.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Nope. Not that I know of. Just the usual characters. Do I have to reach a certain part of the game to have them show up?
Yeah, that explains it. You're still in the tutorial portion of the game. During this period, there's a lot of stuff that doesn't happen. I don't know specifically what does and doesn't occur, but the Bug-Off not going on makes sense. Once you get K.K. to make his first appearance, you'll be in the clear.

I wouldn't worry too much though. There will be another Bug-Off next month, and that's more than enough time to complete the tutorial.
Ah I see. Thanks.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
The 2nd bug-off event has finished. And I reached sliver and gold milestones! So I'm basically done getting all bug-off items. Those trophies are coming to me tomorrow morning! :cool:

I'm still gonna participate the last two bug-off events just to get the nookmiles stamp.

R_N

The 2nd bug-off event has finished. And I reached sliver and gold milestones! So I'm basically done getting all bug-off items. Those trophies are coming to me tomorrow morning! :cool:

I'm still gonna participate the last two bug-off events just to get the nookmiles stamp.
I'm pretty sure you only get one of the trophies at a time, dont you?

I (thankfully!) only needed 70 points this fest to get the silver so i'll get gold next time

KillerDraco

I (thankfully!) only needed 70 points this fest to get the silver so i'll get gold next time

Nope, you get however many Trophies you earned in the mail next day. After the first Bug Off, he mailed me all three, Bronze, Gold, and Silver.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Nope, I got the gold trophy for the both the first Fishing Tourney and Bug-Off, and got all three trophies in the mail the following day.

R_N

August update detailed:
https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/1288097185754685445

Fireworks show every sunday in August. Redd will set up a stand for little nicknacks like balloons, party streamers and sparklers. You can set up custom fireworks too.

Dream Suite is back! Instead of a building, just lay down on a bed and be whisked to dream land; Luna will take care of the rest

Save Data Back Up/Resotration will be implemented. Save Data Transfer will be added later this year.

Next update is...."Fall". ...Guess September will be a dead month...

KillerDraco

They've announced the next Animal Crossing update!

Highlights:
-Weekly Fireworks shows in August, with sparklers, bubble blowers, custom fireworks, and more.
-Ability to "Dream" from any bed to visit other people's islands, a la the Dream Suite from ACNL. Luna makes a return as well.
-Island Backup/Restoration services for Switch Online users
-Ability to transfer ACNH Save Data between Switches planned for later this year
-Teased a Fall Update next, with Jack's face being the teaser.

Update drops on 07/30/2020.

R_N

I like that we managed to post that at the exact same time.

It's crazy to me that we got the Dream Suite before we got The Roost, incidentally. Hope October brings it, I guess??

Genos

The Indigo Disk
^Has to be. Fall season is perfect for hot coffees in NH.

Neat update. I'm excited for Fireworks Sunday (Redd better hide from Tom Nook). I never used the Dream Suite in NL. But I will use it this time around because a lot of people have very creative islands.

AND THE BEST FOR LAST, ISLAND BACKUP/RESTORATION! All my hours will be forever saved. :D

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I always liked the Fireworks, especially when they are accompanied by pleasantly upbeat music.

On a different note, I have seen the complaint that the villagers are boring in New Horizons.

While I wouldn't go that far, I did wish they had more dialogue options and a bit more interesting dialogue.
Also, quit talking about how I dug up fossils yesterday. This isn't new.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
How funny, I was just thinking last night that the lack of news was odd, seeing as we had to get the update within the next week in order to get the first fireworks show. I had predicted that we get the news either today or tomorrow.

Anyways, it's a relatively minor update, all things considered. I love the fireworks show, it's one of my favorite times to play the game, but nothing about it looks new or surprising (which, isn't a bad thing, just makes the update less novel). I never really cared all that much about the Dream Suite, so nothing there is really catching my interest. I suppose it will be more interesting this time around, since you have such a high degree of customization power over your island, but at the same time, I'm not really a fan of the "heavily developed and/or artificial" islands, which is all I really see pictures of online.

R_N

I always liked the Fireworks, especially when they are accompanied by pleasantly upbeat music.

On a different note, I have seen the complaint that the villagers are boring in New Horizons.

While I wouldn't go that far, I did wish they had more dialogue options and a bit more interesting dialogue.
Also, quit talking about how I dug up fossils yesterday. This isn't new.
I think the problem is they do have a fair amount to say, but to see literally any of it you have to keep talking to them a bunch otherwise you get the "its a nice day" dialog.

Which is counterintutive whenever damn illager the moment you talk to them a second time at any point during the day goes anywhere from passive agressive "wow i just KNEW i'd be talking to you today" to outright aggressive "um, didn't we JUST talk, am i being pranked here?" which is a terrible job of getting you to, you know, interact with characters so you can get things like...actual dialog or jobs or minigames.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
When we said we wanted Redd to appear more this isn't what we meant, Nintendo

Update looks cool though, I just wish they'd buff Redd's appearance rate.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
When we said we wanted Redd to appear more this isn't what we meant, Nintendo

Update looks cool though, I just wish they'd buff Redd's appearance rate.
That does remind me, how will K.K. Slider work on the week + Sunday when Flick is here? Flick occupies Saturday which would push K.K. to Sunday but that's also when the festival will happen so I guess they'll push him back to Friday for that one time.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That does remind me, how will K.K. Slider work on the week + Sunday when Flick is here? Flick occupies Saturday which would push K.K. to Sunday but that's also when the festival will happen so I guess they'll push him back to Friday for that one time.

Would be pretty cool if they were actually planning this, and pushed K.K. to Sundays over Fridays in the first place so that we could get one K.K. performance during a fireworks show. Would be pretty fun, and add to the summer festival aspect of the fireworks show. They'd just have to design the layout used in the plaza specifically for that night, but I can't see that being too difficult.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Poor Mr. Slider, he was recently programmed to be on Sundays whenever CJ or Flick are doing their events. Now he (maybe) has to be on a Friday for the weekend of 22nd-23rd of August.

BCVM22

Good thing he's such a chill dude and my island is his favorite place. He doesn't mind being flexible.

There's no fishing tourney in August anyway. The only overlap will be the August bug-off.

The August update is now live.