• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

KillerDraco

You'll get Luna's bed in the mail from the update, but any bed that's inside your home works for accessing dreams. It doesn't seem like there's any Nook Miles associated with visiting dreams, at least based on me doing a quick visit to a friend's dream.

Also, a neat little update they snuck in; if you press down on the right control stick while in Camera mode, it'll hide all of the UI.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I could have sworn New Leaf's Dream Suite had the option to visit random towns. Am I correct, or am I just remembering it being how I thought it should have been? Regardless, dream towns feel kind of worthless to me without an option to visit random towns. Not really interested in hunting down codes on the internet.

Anyways, I will say, Luna's writing being so blunt about things like the internet connection and glitches was some pretty fun fourth wall breaking. Good dialogue.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yea not much to do. Couldn't find the person/animal to talk to in order to get patterns and I couldn't take the shells from the beach.

Yep. No cheating and if you have bad internet, you're screwed. Not thrilled with the latter, since not everyone has stable internet all the time.

BCVM22

But most people have stable Internet all of the time.

The patterns come from the kiosk - identical to the one otherwise found in the tailor shop. I believe you can take any pattern the maker of the island had hanging in their shop at the time of their dream upload.

You can't take anything with you inbound or outbound. Anything you pick up on the dream island won't make the trip home with you; you can ostensibly pick up tools the island maker specifically left sitting there in the dream, but anything you catch or pick up will be gone when you wake up.

This is primarily for visiting and showing off islands.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
1st of day August and already caught all 7 new creatures! 3 bugs, 3 fish, and 1 deep sea.

It's also the last month for all those high price bugs.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I caught everything except the migratory locust so far.

I'm really looking forward to the fireworks as well. They were one of my favorite events in New Leaf, especially with the music.

I wish they would just ban mosquitoes on the holiday (at least in New Leaf) because I hate setting of fireworks and then getting bitten.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Just past 150,000 HHA points by a little. I received the Gold HHA trophy!

I can leave my DIY leftovers on the floor now. HHA points don't matter to me anymore.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I matched all the numbers to the prizes Redd gives you.

1. Red Sparkler
2. Blue Sparkler
3. Fountain Firework
4. Bubble Blower
5. Uchiwa Fan
6. Pinwheel
7. Tweeter
8. Blue Balloon
9. Red Balloon
10. Yellow Balloon
11. Green Balloon
12. Pink Balloon

Edit: Green Balloon confirmed.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

Redd during the Fireworks Festival seems to function similarly to Flick/CJ during the Bug Off/Fishing Tourney, respectively, in that it seems like he doesn't give duplicates until you've received one of everything.

Reminder that you can trip if you run while holding a balloon, which will cause the Balloon to float away.

Speaking of tripping, I don't think it was mentioned, but they snuck in a new DIY recipe with the latest update; King Tut's Mask, aka the infamous bad luck mask. You learn it the first time you pick up a Gold Nugget that pops out of a rock after the update. It takes 5 Gold to make and will once again cause you to trip when running.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Honestly I don’t feel comfortable with the balloons Redd gives you. They give me anxiety.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ah, the fireworks show, my favorite time to play Animal Crossing. Such great fun it was last night.

KillerDraco

ACNH got an update tonight, but it's just bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue where trees could mature and contain things other than the normal fruit, etc.
  • Fixed an issue where shining soil disappears after returning to your own island after a dream and buried Bells appear in that location instead.
  • Fixed an issue where the player swings their shovel through the air when attempting to hit a rock placed at a certain location.
RIP to all the people who hacked Star Trees for their Dream Islands.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
They just wanted to get rare items easy, get rich quick, etc..

R_N

A lot of hackers do it for the Aesthetic. After all they can just hack in the items or materials or whatever without having to hack in the trees and such.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Glad they made it so you couldn't hack those trees any more. I hated how often I saw pictures of those online. Good time to fix it too, given the Dream Suite.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Been searching around for the last month for an apple tree and cherry tree to add to my island but been having poor luck on seeing them with the nook miles tickets. Also finally decided to actually start building little parks and residential areas on my island. Took me long enough.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Been searching around for the last month for an apple tree and cherry tree to add to my island but been having poor luck on seeing them with the nook miles tickets. Also finally decided to actually start building little parks and residential areas on my island. Took me long enough.
I can help you there. Have both apples and cherries.

KillerDraco

Nook Miles Tickets won't give you random fruits. You can only get your native fruit, your "sister" fruit, and coconuts from them. For me, my native Fruit is Peaches, and my sister fruit is apples, and thus apples will only appear on one specific NMT Island where every tree (barring the Palm Trees) is an apple tree.

You'll need assistance from another player for the trees you're missing.