1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Crossing Series

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Eternalserenity, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

How funny, I was just thinking last night that the lack of news was odd, seeing as we had to get the update within the next week in order to get the first fireworks show. I had predicted that we get the news either today or tomorrow.

Anyways, it's a relatively minor update, all things considered. I love the fireworks show, it's one of my favorite times to play the game, but nothing about it looks new or surprising (which, isn't a bad thing, just makes the update less novel). I never really cared all that much about the Dream Suite, so nothing there is really catching my interest. I suppose it will be more interesting this time around, since you have such a high degree of customization power over your island, but at the same time, I'm not really a fan of the "heavily developed and/or artificial" islands, which is all I really see pictures of online.

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I think the problem is they do have a fair amount to say, but to see literally any of it you have to keep talking to them a bunch otherwise you get the "its a nice day" dialog.

Which is counterintutive whenever damn illager the moment you talk to them a second time at any point during the day goes anywhere from passive agressive "wow i just KNEW i'd be talking to you today" to outright aggressive "um, didn't we JUST talk, am i being pranked here?" which is a terrible job of getting you to, you know, interact with characters so you can get things like...actual dialog or jobs or minigames.

Auraninja likes this.
  3. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

When we said we wanted Redd to appear more this isn't what we meant, Nintendo

Update looks cool though, I just wish they'd buff Redd's appearance rate.

4. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

That does remind me, how will K.K. Slider work on the week + Sunday when Flick is here? Flick occupies Saturday which would push K.K. to Sunday but that's also when the festival will happen so I guess they'll push him back to Friday for that one time.

5. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Would be pretty cool if they were actually planning this, and pushed K.K. to Sundays over Fridays in the first place so that we could get one K.K. performance during a fireworks show. Would be pretty fun, and add to the summer festival aspect of the fireworks show. They'd just have to design the layout used in the plaza specifically for that night, but I can't see that being too difficult.

6. Genos

Genos Ghost of Tsushima

Poor Mr. Slider, he was recently programmed to be on Sundays whenever CJ or Flick are doing their events. Now he (maybe) has to be on a Friday for the weekend of 22nd-23rd of August.

7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Good thing he's such a chill dude and my island is his favorite place. He doesn't mind being flexible.

There's no fishing tourney in August anyway. The only overlap will be the August bug-off.

The August update is now live.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  8. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

You'll get Luna's bed in the mail from the update, but any bed that's inside your home works for accessing dreams. It doesn't seem like there's any Nook Miles associated with visiting dreams, at least based on me doing a quick visit to a friend's dream.

Also, a neat little update they snuck in; if you press down on the right control stick while in Camera mode, it'll hide all of the UI.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  9. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I could have sworn New Leaf's Dream Suite had the option to visit random towns. Am I correct, or am I just remembering it being how I thought it should have been? Regardless, dream towns feel kind of worthless to me without an option to visit random towns. Not really interested in hunting down codes on the internet.

Anyways, I will say, Luna's writing being so blunt about things like the internet connection and glitches was some pretty fun fourth wall breaking. Good dialogue.

10. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Yea not much to do. Couldn't find the person/animal to talk to in order to get patterns and I couldn't take the shells from the beach.

Yep. No cheating and if you have bad internet, you're screwed. Not thrilled with the latter, since not everyone has stable internet all the time.

11. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

But most people have stable Internet all of the time.

The patterns come from the kiosk - identical to the one otherwise found in the tailor shop. I believe you can take any pattern the maker of the island had hanging in their shop at the time of their dream upload.

You can't take anything with you inbound or outbound. Anything you pick up on the dream island won't make the trip home with you; you can ostensibly pick up tools the island maker specifically left sitting there in the dream, but anything you catch or pick up will be gone when you wake up.

This is primarily for visiting and showing off islands.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020 at 5:58 AM
  12. Genos

Genos Ghost of Tsushima

1st of day August and already caught all 7 new creatures! 3 bugs, 3 fish, and 1 deep sea.

It's also the last month for all those high price bugs.

13. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

I caught everything except the migratory locust so far.

I'm really looking forward to the fireworks as well. They were one of my favorite events in New Leaf, especially with the music.

I wish they would just ban mosquitoes on the holiday (at least in New Leaf) because I hate setting of fireworks and then getting bitten.

14. Genos

Genos Ghost of Tsushima

Just past 150,000 HHA points by a little. I received the Gold HHA trophy!

I can leave my DIY leftovers on the floor now. HHA points don't matter to me anymore.

15. Auraninja

Auraninja Try to understand.

I matched all the numbers to the prizes Redd gives you.

1. Red Sparkler
    2. Blue Sparkler
    3. Fountain Firework
    4. Bubble Blower
    5. Uchiwa Fan
    6. Pinwheel
    7. Tweeter
    8. Blue Balloon
    9. Red Balloon
    10. Yellow Balloon
    11. Green Balloon
    12. Pink Balloon

Edit: Green Balloon confirmed.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020 at 4:38 AM
  16. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Redd during the Fireworks Festival seems to function similarly to Flick/CJ during the Bug Off/Fishing Tourney, respectively, in that it seems like he doesn't give duplicates until you've received one of everything.

Reminder that you can trip if you run while holding a balloon, which will cause the Balloon to float away.

Speaking of tripping, I don't think it was mentioned, but they snuck in a new DIY recipe with the latest update; King Tut's Mask, aka the infamous bad luck mask. You learn it the first time you pick up a Gold Nugget that pops out of a rock after the update. It takes 5 Gold to make and will once again cause you to trip when running.

17. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

Honestly I don’t feel comfortable with the balloons Redd gives you. They give me anxiety.

18. Genos

Genos Ghost of Tsushima

Tripping, never thought I would see that feature again.

19. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Ah, the fireworks show, my favorite time to play Animal Crossing. Such great fun it was last night.