• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Genos

TTYD
Participated the August Bug-Off for 1 entry. As I got all the rewards/trophies last month.

Just one more Bug-Off to complete, next month is the last for this year.

KillerDraco

As soon as the day starts.

Monday through Friday, you can have one of 9 visitors; Label, Kicks, Gulliver, CJ, Flick, Redd, Gullivarr, Saharah, Leif.

Label, Kicks, and Leif spawn in the plaza.
Gulliver and Gullivarr spawn on a random location on the beach only.
Redd's boat spawns on the northern beach which is normally hidden by cliffs and needs the ladder to reach without terraforming. You can see the icon on the minimap.
CJ, Flick, and Saharah can be in a random location anywhere on your island. Flick and Saharah wander around town while CJ remains in the same general area throughout the day.

Certain visitors have conditions to be met for them to appear
Label and Kicks start appearing once the Able Sisters shop is built.
Gulliver will start appearing once the museum has been built.
Redd will start appearing once Blathers has had a conversation with you about art in the museum.
Gullivarr will start appearing once you buy your first wetsuit.
Saharah and Leif don't have a specific requirement to appear.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
As soon as the day starts.

Monday through Friday, you can have one of 9 visitors; Label, Kicks, Gulliver, CJ, Flick, Redd, Gullivarr, Saharah, Leif.

Label, Kicks, and Leif spawn in the plaza.
Gulliver and Gullivarr spawn on a random location on the beach only.
Redd's boat spawns on the northern beach which is normally hidden by cliffs and needs the ladder to reach without terraforming. You can see the icon on the minimap.
CJ, Flick, and Saharah can be in a random location anywhere on your island. Flick and Saharah wander around town while CJ remains in the same general area throughout the day.

Certain visitors have conditions to be met for them to appear
Label and Kicks start appearing once the Able Sisters shop is built.
Gulliver will start appearing once the museum has been built.
Redd will start appearing once Blathers has had a conversation with you about art in the museum.
Gullivarr will start appearing once you buy your first wetsuit.
Saharah and Leif don't have a specific requirement to appear.
That’s not what I meant. I meant Mondays don’t have anyone special like Daisy Mae who only appears on Monday.

KillerDraco

That’s not what I meant. I meant Mondays don’t have anyone special like Daisy Mae who only appears on Monday.

No, but as we found out from previous updates, when KK Slider appeared on Friday, he would prevent another visitor from appearing. So by the same logic, if he were moved to Monday due to the Bug Off on Saturday and Fireworks on Sunday, then this would mean there would be no normal weekly visitor on Monday.

Torpoleon

Yeah, definitely looks like KK Slider will appear on Monday. Guess we will find out then. Sucks that KK Slider doesn't have a permanent location, like in past games.

I do hope that future updates give Leif, Label, Kicks and KK Slider a permanent spot that they will be at every day. I'm sure multiple people have discussed this before, but I'd like to see Leif as part of Nook's Cranny, Label & Kicks as part of the Able Sisters and KK Slider in the inevitable coffee shop (which itself should be part of the museum). This would help free up the plaza, as well as the random guests that appear.

I feel like a lot of these plaza-only guests are just there temporarily until Nintendo adds free updates putting them in existing buildings.

Can't imagine that they'd add new buildings for them though. Unlike past games, decorating the island is a big part of this game, so throwing in new buildings could screw up people's island designs at this point.

R_N

Can't imagine that they'd add new buildings for them though. Unlike past games, decorating the island is a big part of this game, so throwing in new buildings could screw up people's island designs at this point.
People keep saying this but if anything I assume Nintendo would see this as a plus because they presumably want you to keep adjusting the island as you play. A new building would go a long way towards that.

Meanwhile I see a bunch of peopel wish there were more buildings so their islands felt more lively. God knows I'm one of them. So much of my island has nothing going on and the staticness of the building doesnt help.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
People keep saying this but if anything I assume Nintendo would see this as a plus because they presumably want you to keep adjusting the island as you play. A new building would go a long way towards that.

Meanwhile I see a bunch of peopel wish there were more buildings so their islands felt more lively. God knows I'm one of them. So much of my island has nothing going on and the staticness of the building doesnt help.
I personally wouldn’t mind if an additional building or two are put into the game via a major update. Right now my Island is a total mess with me having to literally drop every item I want on the Ground simply because my house isn’t big enough to store anything else and the fact that all of the flowers I planted in small plots have multiplied so much that I don’t have the room or time to dig up each flower and move them to another place. About 1/3 of my Island is covered with flowers.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
K.K. coming on Monday is a minor bummer. I was really hoping they would have him appear during the Fireworks Show, it would be fun and add to the summer festival feel. Feels a little odd to me that they didn't move him to Friday, since that when he performed previously when Saturday was occupied.

Also, this kind of just shows that K.K. needs his own stage. Hopefully a future update will give us The Roost or a dedicated K.K. venue.

R_N

Thing is KK Slider is totally fine for most of the year. the cross section of "Sunday Event" and "Saturday Event" only happens....now, basically. Saturday events are only guaranteed 8 times a year. So far as they're concerned there's really no reason to put him on a stage or other venue, especailly after they updated it so he'll show up on Sunday instead of Friday.

You know if I had to guess why the change from Monday to Friday, it was them tweaking the logic to "next available day" rather than "previous available day". So saturday is out, looks to Sunday, Sunday is out, look to Monday.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Thing is KK Slider is totally fine for most of the year. the cross section of "Sunday Event" and "Saturday Event" only happens....now, basically. Saturday events are only guaranteed 8 times a year. So far as they're concerned there's really no reason to put him on a stage or other venue, especailly after they updated it so he'll show up on Sunday instead of Friday.

It's still awkward regardless. Even without the Sunday event, it's unusual to have K.K., who has always performed without exceptions on Saturdays, perform on Sundays about once a month. It's not like it's a big deal, but it would be a nice change, especially since, personally at least, I preferred it when K.K. had a venue to play in, rather than just setting up outside.

And, not to mention, if we're going to get The Roost anyways, which I'm thinking we probably will, then you might as well just move K.K. there.

You know if I had to guess why the change from Monday to Friday, it was them tweaking the logic to "next available day" rather than "previous available day". So saturday is out, looks to Sunday, Sunday is out, look to Monday.

Makes sense enough.

Torpoleon

That's true too. At least for my island, I don't really think it would be a big deal for new buildings to be added. Either way, I prefer new buildings over no new buildings.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I could really use more buildings. One part of my island is completely pointless and does nothing other than growing bamboo and red pansies.

KillerDraco

At least Bamboo can no longer grow out of control and theoretically soft lock you. Bamboo really was insane in New Leaf if not contained...

...Now you just have to worry about flower takeovers when it rains a lot, but at least they don't block your path.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
At least Bamboo can no longer grow out of control and theoretically soft lock you. Bamboo really was insane in New Leaf if not contained...

...Now you just have to worry about flower takeovers when it rains a lot, but at least they don't block your path.
Yeah, I'm happy I don't have many X spots on the ground that are just bamboo shoots as well.

I basically grew bamboo there because it was a space that wasn't used for anything else.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

Flowers most certainly have taken over my Island. I partially blame the May Day event since the Nook Mile challenge’s kept telling you to plant some flowers. Poor Boomer is stuck in a plot of over a dozen tulips and can’t stop ruining a few every time he enters and exits his house! I can’t get them under control and it making me insane!