• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

R_N

The slow release of all this stuff honestly makes me more annoyed than if it was just there from the start. Wow, mario items!
At the exact month I will probably stop playing the game. Very glad they left them out for a full year to haphazardly offer an "incentive" to keep playing or come back

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Super excited to hear the Mario items are coming back. To this day I still have an empty room in my house that I can't come up with any ideas for the life of me. Guess it's staying empty until March.

edit: Oh the mario furniture is coming in march

Odds are it will be March 10th (Mar10). That was one of my predictions for how they might bring them back. Wisj they sprung for the September anniversary date instead. Oh well...

Slow release of all this stuff keeps us playing the whole year.

Does it though? Is anyone who has given up on playing Animal Crossing really going to come back just for some Mario furniture? Not to mention, Animal Crossing is already a game that should naturally retain players for a long period of time. It doesn't need to artificially withhold stuff in paltry attempt to retain players.

The slow release of all this stuff honestly makes me more annoyed than if it was just there from the start. Wow, mario items!
At the exact month I will probably stop playing the game. Very glad they left them out for a full year to haphazardly offer an "incentive" to keep playing or come back

Can not agree more. This is my biggest issue with New Horizons. At least if you're going to artificially hold off on adding stuff to the game, do it with stuff that's new to the game, so it doesn't feel like they're purposefully holding out on us.

R_N

Can not agree more. This is my biggest issue with New Horizons. At least if you're going to artificially hold off on adding stuff to the game, do it with stuff that's new to the game, so it doesn't feel like they're purposefully holding out on us.
Yeah I was a lot more lenient on leaving a bunch of stuff out of the game (though, still annoyed) when the prospect was oh, well, it'll probably come with a bunch of new stuff too

And then no they really didn't. Any new stuff is more expected revisions or just very minor. Slight expansions or tweaks to returning series (Mermaid, Pirate) and a typical reworking of an event (changes to Bunny Day or the fireworks, for example).
The "biggest" new thing is, by far, the addition of Wedding Season, with a full suite of new items and something to do all month. That was nice! Would have been nicer if there was more than Museum Day and May Day!

The easiest scape goat is covid might've derailed plans but I ammmmm seriously doubtful.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is pretty fun. Back in the beginning I got Alfonso from an island. For those who don't know, he's inspired by Mario. Now, on my most recent villager hunt, I found Louie on an island, who is Alfonso's counterpart and is based on Luigi (also with a little Donkey Kong thrown in, since he's a gorilla). Unfortunately, just like with Alfonso, he can't wear his signature shirt, since the Lil' Bro's Shirt doesn't exist, but it's still fun conceptually to have both Alfonso and Louie in the same town.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
So far I've gotten 9 villager photos. Zucker took a long time to get. Friga is too gonna take time due to her being new on my island.

Today is Bangle's last day as I'm replacing her with Winnie from Campsite. Bye Bangle, got your photo and celebrated your birthday. You will be missed! :(

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Any of you having luck with turnip prices this week? I’ve had prices between 45 and 65 bells and tomorrow is Saturday so getting a little nervous over here.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I need some advice: Is Keaton a good villager?

There's no such thing as a good or bad villager, it's completely subjective. There are only eight personality types, with every member of a personality type being exactly the same as every other member. If you like one villager of the personality type, you'll likely like them all. Keaton is smug personality type, and is therefore exactly like every other smug villager. Smug villagers are the ones that act fancy/rich/famous (even if they're actually not). Beyond that, it's entirely up to you whether you like the personality type, species, and design of the villager.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
I was kind of saying this question from you guys experience with him, but there are 397 villagers in this game. I was really hoping that he would replace Pashmina, but now I have 6 villagers in NH. I just started this game 8 weeks ago. Thanks though with this!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I was kind of saying this question from you guys experience with him, but there are 397 villagers in this game.

I was just trying to point out that you don't need to have experience with Keaton specifically to know if you're going to like him or not. I've had two smug villagers myself, Shep and Tex. I didn't dislike them, but I wasn't the biggest fan of them either. And since all their text and dialogue is exactly the same as Keaton's, and I can know that I would feel very similar about Keaton. There may be 397 villagers, but there being only eight personality types makes it really easy to know who you would and wouldn't like.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Another Redd visit

Another showcase of arts/statues I already donated are real. And arts/statues I want to donate are fake.

REDD PLS

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Another Redd visit

Another showcase of arts/statues I already donated are real. And arts/statues I want to donate are fake.

REDD PLS
I just found this out last week and I forgot to mention it but it seems that Residents will send you authentic art pieces in the mail. I actually got a Gallant Statue which I needed from Cranston and Blathers confirmed its authenticity. So everyone keep that in mind if Redd doesn’t show up for several weeks or keeps having stuff you already donated.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I just found this out last week and I forgot to mention it but it seems that Residents will send you authentic art pieces in the mail. I actually got a Gallant Statue which I needed from Cranston and Blathers confirmed its authenticity. So everyone keep that in mind if Redd doesn’t show up for several weeks or keeps having stuff you already donated.
Yeah that happens. It's a 50/50 chance to get a real one.

Except when Smug villagers tries to send you one, it's automatically fake.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Honestly I think New Horizons kept everyone sane during the entire quarantine and the aftermath period. It is easily one of the best things to happen during this chaotic year.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Honestly I think New Horizons kept everyone sane during the entire quarantine and the aftermath period. It is easily one of the best things to happen during this chaotic year.
Definitely. It's been fun to play.

Strangely, it hasn't moved to fall in game for me yet. I haven't gotten past the beginning of the game yet, meaning, building 3 homes for new residents, etc., and I'm wondering if that's a reason why.

Last edited:

R_N

Definitely. It's been fun to play.

Strangely, it hasn't moved to fall in game for me yet. I haven't gotten past the beginning of the game yet, meaning, building 3 jomes for new residents, etc., and I'm wondering if that's a reason why.
It is, though it is funny that it doesnt move the game state at ALL until then