• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I erased my save data to start over again. I kept feeling overwhelmed by the flowers that overtook about 90% of my island and I had enough. This time I won’t plant as many without fences to keep things under control.

BCVM22

Has anybody been able to find the Santa outfit at the Able Sisters yet?

I haven't yet seen anything on what triggers the Toy Day run-up, but I hope it's soon, because I have Festive items I want to craft.

I don't think it's snow entering the random weather pool, because I've had snow twice and no changes aside from the standard December decorations and the toys in the shop.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
What I thought of in regards to flowers is that I have most them lining my rivers. That way it will look nice without the garden overload. Any new ones that spawn along the area I can dig up and sell off at the Nookling's drop-off box. I have each flower type, though just the basic colors, I have Hybrids planted elsewhere in confined areas.

As for Toy Day, I too have been curious as to when (or if) seasonal items will start showing up. Maybe a costume won't be required for the event itself...? There's no word of it from my Neighbors, either.

KillerDraco

I don't believe the Toys available in Nook's Cranny are needed for the Toy Day event. While this is only a guess, my reasoning is that with the Halloween Candy, Jack at least sent you a letter in the mail on October 1st indicating the need to gather candy in advance. With Toy Day however, there was no such advanced notice and thus I believe they're purely decorative and the event will feature something separate.

...But time will tell. All I know for certain is that no villagers have mentioned anything about Toy Day yet for me.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There may also be some friendly reminder on AC twitter saying "Don't forget to xxx before Toy Day".
I'm sure it will be shared in this thread if/when it appears.

R_N

I don't believe the Toys available in Nook's Cranny are needed for the Toy Day event. While this is only a guess, my reasoning is that with the Halloween Candy, Jack at least sent you a letter in the mail on October 1st indicating the need to gather candy in advance. With Toy Day however, there was no such advanced notice and thus I believe they're purely decorative and the event will feature something separate.

...But time will tell. All I know for certain is that no villagers have mentioned anything about Toy Day yet for me.
spoilers for how toy day works
You make festive paper for Jingle using ornaments, then he gives you the gift sack to hand out presents to villagers.

There's also a gift exchange but I imagine you don't need to use the toys specifically.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
It feels weird having such a barren island again but this time I’m planning things out carefully. I’m not going to plant as many flowers without any fences or sections designated to be flower beds. Also planning on putting the shops closer to the plaza. It’s probably better that I reset everything anyway with how bad the flower situation was getting.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It feels weird having such a barren island again but this time I’m planning things out carefully. I’m not going to plant as many flowers without any fences or sections designated to be flower beds. Also planning on putting the shops closer to the plaza. It’s probably better that I reset everything anyway with how bad the flower situation was getting.
You let the daisies win.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You let the daisies win.
I was really the hyacinths, roses, tulips, and pansies. The tulips over took an entire side of the island and I couldn’t dig up the unwanted ones fast enough nor could I store any of them. It was an actual nightmare that my Islanders were complaining about the flower takeover. I mean Boomer couldn’t even step outside his own house and go to the beach without having to step on over three dozen flowers.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I was really the hyacinths, roses, tulips, and pansies. The tulips over took an entire side of the island and I couldn’t dig up the unwanted ones fast enough nor could I store any of them. It was an actual nightmare that my Islanders were complaining about the flower takeover. I mean Boomer couldn’t even step outside his own house and go to the beach without having to step on over three dozen flowers.
And now this turned into a very unfortunate, yet hilarious story.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
And now this turned into a very unfortunate, yet hilarious story.
It was hilariously sad. Boomer’s entire house was completely surrounded by tulips and one tree. I couldn’t even collect any fruit from several trees because flowers grew all around everything.

Torpoleon

I erased my save data to start over again. I kept feeling overwhelmed by the flowers that overtook about 90% of my island and I had enough. This time I won’t plant as many without fences to keep things under control.
You could plant an invisible pattern around a flower or group of flowers (which is what I am doing as I get rid of unwanted flowers as well).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
You could plant an invisible pattern around a flower or group of flowers (which is what I am doing as I get rid of unwanted flowers as well).
I did that and within a week three dozen roses suddenly appeared and ruined my plans. I tried using weeds but then I kept ending up picking the flowers once the weeds helped keep the flowers where I wanted them and I was trying to get the weeds out so the flowers would look nicer.

Torpoleon

Anybody here playing in the Southern Hemisphere or know someone playing in the Southern Hemisphere? Asking because I just found out that there is one fish that I caught but never donated. It is the gar, which is only available from June to Sept for me. In the Southern Hemisphere, it is Dec to Mar. Was wondering if I could visit someone in the future and search for the gar, as opposed to waiting six months.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Anybody here playing in the Southern Hemisphere or know someone playing in the Southern Hemisphere? Asking because I just found out that there is one fish that I caught but never donated. It is the gar, which is only available from June to Sept for me. In the Southern Hemisphere, it is Dec to Mar. Was wondering if I could visit someone in the future and search for the gar, as opposed to waiting six months.
I know that @bobandbill has a Southern Hemisphere island when I asked him earlier. I asked him already, but he might be able to help you.

KillerDraco

Flowers are easy to control if you take precautions , but if you don't box them in and it rains/snows, then yeah, they'll grow out of control. But at the very least, they're not nearly as intrusive as Bamboo was in New Leaf.

They key thing about flowers is they can spread to an adjacent tile in all 8 directions (including diagonals) as long as that tile is Grass or either type of Dirt, and is not occupied by any item. Any other type of tile, including paths, patterns, or sand, will not allow flowers to spread. I will clarify though, that although flowers won't spread to sand, you can replant already grown flowers in sand and they won't spread.

A common tactic is to use the "invisible" pattern that was mentioned earlier in this thread. You basically just paint a pattern with the transparent effect, so when you lay it over grass, it will still appear to be grass but flowers won't be able to spread to it. It's really simple if you don't want a specific path/pattern/etc. to block the way.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I don't like the idea of placing paths that I can't see, so I modified the idea and place red lines on the pattern (that I dub "flower lines") so that I know there was a path planted there to prevent flowers from spreading.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Snow covered island has arrived! That means the dung beetle can now spawn!

Took a while to catch it but it's done! The bugs section has been completed! The golden net recipe will be mailed tomorrow.