• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

KillerDraco

So it's worth noting that you can only make one Snow-person per day. Once you do, Snowballs stop spawning until the next day. What this means is if you want to catch the Dung Beetle, you'll need to do it before you make a Snow-person for the day.

Torpoleon

So it's worth noting that you can only make one Snow-person per day. Once you do, Snowballs stop spawning until the next day. What this means is if you want to catch the Dung Beetle, you'll need to do it before you make a Snow-person for the day.
If I make the Dung Beetle fly away from a snowball, does it still have a chance of respawning on a snowball? Do I have to make a snowball respawn first?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Anyone willing to let me come to their Island to get some Apples, Pears, And Peaches? I just want some to grow some fruit trees.

KillerDraco

If I make the Dung Beetle fly away from a snowball, does it still have a chance of respawning on a snowball? Do I have to make a snowball respawn first?

As long as there's a snowball spawned on your island, a Dung Beetle can spawn on it. If you break your Snowballs, just go inside and out and they respawn.

Just like any other bug though their spawning is random. So if your Snowballs don't have Dung Beetles, either go inside and out to shuffle the bug spawns, or catch other bugs since new ones spawn in their place.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Here's a tip on creating snowboys. Make sure you wait for the auto-save logo to pop up before setting up your snowboy. That way if you messed up on making it perfect. You'll exit the game and restart to do it all over again without getting your previous results saved. Repeat these steps until you get the perfect snowboy.

KillerDraco

Just follow these guidelines for Snowfolk.

Make the body's height level with the top of your character's eyes.
Make the head's height level with the top of your character's ears.

Using this guideline I've been getting perfect Snowboys ever time.

Torpoleon

I have now gotten the Dung Beetle, meaning I have gotten all bugs and fish and donated them to the museum. All that's left are 2 sea creatures only available near the beginning of the year and a lot of paintings and statues.

Here is a list of the paintings/statues I am missing:

Amazing PaintingFamiliar Statue
Gallant Statue
Detailed Painting
Graceful PaintingMotherly Statue
Moody PaintingMystic Statue
Moving PaintingRobust Statue
Proper PaintingRock-Head Statue
Tremendous Statue
Scenic PaintingWarrior Statue
Solemn Painting
Warm Painting
Wild Painting Left Half
Wild Painting Right Half

If anybody happens to have an extra one of these and wants to trade, let me know!

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Here is a list of the paintings/statues I am missing:

Amazing PaintingFamiliar Statue
Calm PaintingGallant Statue
Detailed PaintingGreat Statue
Graceful PaintingMotherly Statue
Moody PaintingMystic Statue
Moving PaintingRobust Statue
Proper PaintingRock-Head Statue
Quaint PaintingTremendous Statue
Scenic PaintingWarrior Statue
Solemn Painting
Warm Painting
Wild Painting Left Half
Wild Painting Right Half

If anybody happens to have an extra one of these and wants to trade, let me know!

I've got a spare Quaint Painting I can trade you.

I guess it's a good time for me to finally note down which pieces of art I'm still missing now that I'm at least halfway there now.

Glowing PaintingBeautiful Statue
Moving PaintingFamiliar Statue
Mysterious PaintingGallant Statue
Proper PaintingGreat Statue
Scenic PaintingMotherly Statue
Sinking PaintingRobust Statue
Solemn PaintingRock-Head Statue
Warm PaintingTremendous Statue
Wild Painting Right HalfValiant Statue
Worthy Painting

So close and yet so far from finishing, and I've been pretty lucky with getting new art most of the time from Redd too. Several times I've even gotten two new pieces of art, but I've definitely had a few weeks of only dupes/fakes. I honestly might start time traveling for art if I'm still missing too many by the time we can finally finish the sea creatures, but that's still a ways away though.

Torpoleon

I've got a spare Quaint Painting I can trade you.

I guess it's a good time for me to finally note down which pieces of art I'm still missing now that I'm at least halfway there now.

Dynamic PaintingAncient Statue
Glowing PaintingBeautiful Statue
Moving PaintingFamiliar Statue
Mysterious PaintingGallant Statue
Proper PaintingGreat Statue
Scenic PaintingMotherly Statue
Sinking PaintingRobust Statue
Solemn PaintingRock-Head Statue
Warm PaintingTremendous Statue
Wild Painting Right HalfValiant Statue
Worthy Painting

So close and yet so far from finishing, and I've been pretty lucky with getting new art most of the time from Redd too. Several times I've even gotten two new pieces of art, but I've definitely had a few weeks of only dupes/fakes. I honestly might start time traveling for art if I'm still missing too many by the time we can finally finish the sea creatures, but that's still a ways away though.
I actually just got the Quaint painting from someone else, but thank you for offering!

KillerDraco

One minor note to keep in mind; Perfect Snowboys will continue to give you Large Snowflakes once per day if you talk to them. Even as they melt into a pile of slush, they'll keep on giving you the goods.

KillerDraco

So the cedar trees in town are decorated effective today, and you can shake them to make Ornaments Fall out for crafting Festive Items. However, this is already proving better than Acorns/Pine cones, because in shaking a few decorated cedars this morning, they all seemed to only drop ornaments; no sticks.

I am down for this.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I crafted the Ornament Wreath and while it is pretty, I feel like more could have been added to it without making it look over the top. I’m thinking maybe some Branches to have the effect of pine branches being the base. Or making the bow a bit more festive looking in terms of colors.