• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

BCVM22

Toy Day:

- Talk to Jingle, receive the festive wrapping paper DIY, craft three sheets, give them to Jingle, receive the magic bag from him (and the Toy Day stockings item).
- Talk to all ten of your villagers and give them a gift from the bag each; if you inspect the Magic Bag item in your inventory, it will tell you how many gifts are left inside, and when you get down to one, it will name whomever the remaining one is.
- After you've delivered all ten (you have until 5 AM tomorrow), talk to Jingle again and he'll give you the Toy Day sleigh furniture item and the gift pile DIY. He'll thank you for the help and sign off, and so ends Jingle's role in Toy Day.

- SEPARATELY, wrap ten gifts of any reasonable item type (I just used the toy items that circulate through Nook's daily) and give them to your neighbors in a gift exchange. You'll receive a random toy back from each neighbor in a 1-for-1 exchange each time.

I donned the Santa outfit for doing Jingle's portion of the day, and I used red wrapping paper on the individual villager gifts. Uncertain as to the extent either of those matter.

If there's more to today, I haven't seen it, and I don't know if there's anything tomorrow.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Sort of unrelated, but man, after failing to get the two snowballs to come together, I accidentally get them in the wrong location.
Can't wait for this snowman to melt.

So is that all to Toy Day? Make paper and send the ten gifts? Unless there is more that I'm missing.
BCVM22 answered your question, and the answer is yes, you can do gift exchanges with villagers after giving them presents.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
So Toy Day was a nice little thing! One thing I would like to say is that i'm SO glad that having a Santa Suit isn't mandatory. Back in New Leaf, only pieces of the outfit was available daily, so happening to miss a single piece meant that you're out of luck...It's also nice that the whole set is ready to be bought at Able Sisters right there.

And don't get me started on spending the whole month trying to figure out your Villagers' desired presents. I would usually have to jot down their clues and keep it in a Notepad...But it looks like Jingle checked his lists twice this time around!

I will probably get to the gift exchanges later. I hope my islandmates like the gifts I get them!

R_N

Pretty bummed there's no Jingle Series at all. The wall is there, and the floor was repurposed into "festive flooring" but....just another for the pile of furniture disappointments.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Done with Toy Day! It was grateful to give presents to my villagers. I loved this event.

Make sure you have the Toy Day Stockings hanging at your wall to get a surprise item from Jingle the next day!

BCVM22

Jingle, all the way:

For anyone confused like I was, you have to interact with the Toy Day stockings item you hung up on your wall, and inside is Jingle's photo. Sneaky.

R_N

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what happens when you make a perfect snowman but already have all the recipes?
Do they just give you the large snowflake and that's it?

It seems utterly bizarre that a whole series of recipes is completely impossible to share with anyone. That's like, the entire point of the recipe system.

KillerDraco

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what happens when you make a perfect snowman but already have all the recipes?
Do they just give you the large snowflake and that's it?

It seems utterly bizarre that a whole series of recipes is completely impossible to share with anyone. That's like, the entire point of the recipe system.

Yup, you just get Perfect Snowflakes. Can confirm because that's exactly what I got today.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Last week for December creatures that are leaving. Here's the list:
Bugs
None...

Fish
Pike1,800RiverLargeAll day

DSC
Mussel1,500SmallSlowAll day
Turban shell1,000MediumSlowAll day
Spiny lobster5,000LargeFast9pm-4am
Source: Animal Crossing Wiki

There are four new special items from the Nook Shopping App! All four are related to the holiday New Year's Eve.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I just got New Horizons for Christmas and i LOVE it. Is there a way to get new villagers on my island without Switch Online?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just got New Horizons for Christmas and i LOVE it. Is there a way to get new villagers on my island without Switch Online?
Nook Mile Tickets and Amiibo cards are the easiest way. With Nook Miles, just be sure to have a plot ready to be moved into and go to the Airport and use your Nook Mile Ticket to go to a randomly selected island and then you’ll find one random potential Villager walking around the island. Talk to them and ask them to move to your Island. With Amiibo cards, what you do is scan the Villager that you want at the machine in Residential Services and they’ll come to your Campsite provided no one is occupying the site that day. The selected Villager will then request an item that you need to make and will give you a DIY to make it. Once you give them their requested item, you repeat this two more times and the third time they will automatically move in if there is an empty plot available for them to move into or if your Island is full, either randomly selects a current Villager to trade places with or if you set up all of the available plot kits obtained from Tom, allow you to pick which Villager to kick out but you can’t pick the most recent Villager that moved to your Island. So if you scanned a Poppy card three times, you can have her replace someone you don’t like but if Coco was the last Villager to move 8n then you can’t select her and must choose someone else. It’s a lot more simple than it sounds.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Nook Mile Tickets and Amiibo cards are the easiest way. With Nook Miles, just be sure to have a plot ready to be moved into and go to the Airport and use your Nook Mile Ticket to go to a randomly selected island and then you’ll find one random potential Villager walking around the island. Talk to them and ask them to move to your Island. With Amiibo cards, what you do is scan the Villager that you want at the machine in Residential Services and they’ll come to your Campsite provided no one is occupying the site that day. The selected Villager will then request an item that you need to make and will give you a DIY to make it. Once you give them their requested item, you repeat this two more times and the third time they will automatically move in if there is an empty plot available for them to move into or if your Island is full, either randomly selects a current Villager to trade places with or if you set up all of the available plot kits obtained from Tom, allow you to pick which Villager to kick out but you can’t pick the most recent Villager that moved to your Island. So if you scanned a Poppy card three times, you can have her replace someone you don’t like but if Coco was the last Villager to move 8n then you can’t select her and must choose someone else. It’s a lot more simple than it sounds.
I don’t have any amiibos. Is there a site i can use to get the cards?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I don’t have any amiibos. Is there a site i can use to get the cards?
They are supposed to get a re-release soon. You could also buy them off of eBay and Amazon. I saw Amazon listings having complete sets or a large selection for various prices, usually about $50 for about 100 cards but more than $400 for the entire series.

BCVM22

You’ll add new villagers as a matter of course, some at your choice and some chosen by the game. Visiting someone else’s island to ask a villager about to move out to come live on your island is an option, but it’s low on the list of methods for doing so - all the top methods are self-contained. You don’t need online play to fill out your citizenry.

Keep in mind, though, that without a NSO subscription you cannot do anything with another player online. You can’t upload or download new designs directly, you can’t receive or send letters to other players, other players cannot visit your island or vice versa. Given what Animal Crossing is and is designed to be, you may want to consider some means of subscribing.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
So I'm getting Raymond on my island. Though I'm not all over him like some people are, he's a cat with glasses and one of the new villagers.
I sacrificed Wart Jr. to get him though, which is a real shame because Wart Jr. is such an adorable frog.
I didn't want to reset the game simply to get another pick, and I already have Wart Jr.'s picture.

I don't know who will be my next cranky, but I will keep that slot open. Julian will be sent off my island by that time, since I will later have 3 smugs.

Last edited:

KillerDraco

I was fortunate today. Redd brought only a single real painting and three fakes along as well, but the real painting was one I didn't have, so that worked out. I'm down to 12 pieces of art left; 7 paintings and 5 statues.

I also managed to knock out all the seasonal recipes over the holiday; I got all of the festive and snowflake recipes from Balloons, so I don't have to actively seek them out anymore. Of all the seasonal recipes from Balloons, I think these ones were the ones I had the worst luck with. Even when actively tracking the balloons, I was mostly getting iron, clay, clothes, and generic furniture. But persistence paid off and I managed to snag them all.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I completed the Snowmaestro achievement. Getting perfect Snowfolk wasn't hard, but takes a while to set them up.

I'm not going to build anymore Perfect Snowfolks. As I already have the all DIY recipes from them and have a plethora of Large Snowflakes.