• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’m excited for the Sanrio Amiibo cards! I plan on going to Target tomorrow after work and then start getting the items.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
New Horizons dialogue is fine one you get past the surface level dialogue.
It's why I talk to my villagers a few times in a row.

It's better than City Folk dialogue that would go something like this.

1st time speaking: "I caught a fish today, and man it really packed a whallop. I say it was as big as your house. Har har!"
2nd time speaking: "I caught a fish that was really big."
3rd time speaking: " I caught a fish today."

Torpoleon

An authentic Famous Painting. Every time Redd comes to visit, he always seems to have the fake. This happened at least five times in a row now.
I'll keep an eye out for one next time Redd is at my island and will let you know when I find one.
I feel like this game needs a huge update soon. They've said they had 2-3 years of updates planned, but I really hope there's updates that add a significant amount of content. There's 4 things this game truly needs in these updates.
  • New furniture: There's a lot of missing furniture sets not present in the game from New Leaf and Pocket Camp tends to get a substantial amount of exciting new sets. New Horizons needs it too.
  • Villager improvements: The villagers NEED more dialog and such. They repeat the same 5 things over and over it feels while past games had far more interesting dialog. The game needs better villager dialog. We also need more villager favors and house visits.
  • Tortimer Island: The game needs it. This is the perfect way to bring back Kapp'n and his family. Give us the option to buy a ticket for nook miles to go to the island where rare bugs and fish spawn. Give us a shop run by Kapp'n's family full of tropical beach themed items. Bring back the island tour mini games. Online play needs more activities to do and it was perfect in New Leaf.
  • The Roost: The most heavily requested thing. There is supposedly an extra room coded into the museum, so let's put the cafe there. Give us the opportunity to work there again and even use it as a way to bring back NPC's like Harriet, Pelly, Pete, Phyllis, Wendell, Lyle, Dr. Shrunk, and all the others. Let us learn more about these NPC's. Have something happen like Chip come in and start talking about his son CJ while we enjoy a cup of coffee with him.
I feel like people misinterpreted what they said when they mentioned 2-3 years. While they could very well continue with updates for the next couple of years (there's certainly plenty they could add), I feel like what they said was that they felt people would still be discovering things in 2-3 years, like how there are secrets from games that can be found for the first time many years later.

There's certainly a lot of things that were datamined that are not in the game yet, like Brewster, the museum shop and new furniture (specifically ceiling furniture). I think islanders visiting your home like in past games was also datamined. I wonder if Nintendo is holding off on some updates until sales die down more (a big update would be a great way to renew interest in the game). They've sold over 30 million copies in one year, after all.

Torpoleon

I still have all my Bunny Day items from last year in storage. Outside of the items you can buy at Nook's Cranny, is there anything new to receive?

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I still have all my Bunny Day items from last year in storage. Outside of the items you can buy at Nook's Cranny, is there anything new to receive?
Not that I know off, and there appear to be five items at Nook's Cranny.

I have a question, I collected all the eggs, and Zipper T. Bunny won't say anything new (just to collect them). Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Xuxuba

New Horizons dialogue is fine one you get past the surface level dialogue.
It's why I talk to my villagers a few times in a row.

It's better than City Folk dialogue that would go something like this.

1st time speaking: "I caught a fish today, and man it really packed a whallop. I say it was as big as your house. Har har!"
2nd time speaking: "I caught a fish that was really big."
3rd time speaking: " I caught a fish today."
Can't say that after giving them presents everyday and talking to them as many times as possible the dialogue improved that much. It is certainly better than the first few days of the game, of course, since they barely have any dialogue until you are done with your first week, but still very lackluster nonetheless.

I have been playing a lot of New Leaf lately alongside New Horizons and the difference is just jarring.
Like, just speaking to them once in NL they would already greet you, say something funny and give you a task, a present or even some backstory. Sometimes i would talk to them 10 times in a row and barely get any repeated dialogue. I would also be way more than just a passive listener, getting to interact and play with them a lot more. Meanwhile, in NH, sometimes i speak to villagers until they get tired of me and i get barely anything more than just:
1) "Hi, how are you?"
2) "Did you know that this character/event is here/coming?"
3) "You have been wearing those clothes a lot lately".
4) "Do you know what kind of movies/books/sports Player 2 likes?"
5) "Someone visited your town the other day. I heard they are known as [insert here some random title]".
Then i would try to talk to them again and they would refuse to, forcing me to either close the game or wait just for them to say the exact same lines again and again.

Even back when i had no second player or visitor, they would just greet me and say how they are glad to be living in the island. It feels like every conversation is just 1~2 boxes dialogue and if i received any request, it would always be the exact same two requests (catching a critter and delivering a package), with the wording they use to request it to you barely changing aswell. I have been playing for over a year now and i can count on one hand the amount of times they asked to play with me.

The dialogue also fails to show how distinct the personalities really are, aside from when villagers interact with each other, which doesn't happen that often.
Even NL which seriously dialed down the rudeness of snooty and cranky villagers, still had them showing their personalities and traits a lot more than NH and in a way that was still funny. In NH, the only exception are the jock villagers and that is just because now they are more one dimensional than ever.

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Not that I know off, and there appear to be five items at Nook's Cranny.

I have a question, I collected all the eggs, and Zipper T. Bunny won't say anything new (just to collect them). Is there something I'm doing wrong?
You collected them all from last year? For me, he says that if I collect all of them, he will give me something. I assume this is just a repeat of last year.

Xuxuba

I restarted my island so i don't have all the bunny day diys (not sure if i want them anyway, other than the dress), but one thing i can say is that the event is a lot more tolerable after they changed the drop rates last year. It's still going to get in the way of getting materials but at least it won't last as long aswell, since they made it shorter this year.

One thing that haven't changed tho is how much Zipper creeps me out.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Can't say that after giving them presents everyday and talking to them as many times as possible the dialogue improved that much. It is certainly better than the first few days of the game, of course, since they barely have any dialogue until you are done with your first week, but still very lackluster nonetheless.

I have been playing a lot of New Leaf lately alongside New Horizons and the difference is just jarring.
Like, just speaking to them once in NL they would already greet you, say something funny and give you a task, a present or even some backstory. Sometimes i would talk to them 10 times in a row and barely get any repeated dialogue. I would also be way more than just a passive listener, getting to interact and play with them a lot more. Meanwhile, in NH, sometimes i speak to villagers until they get tired of me and i get barely anything more than just:
1) "Hi, how are you?"
2) "Did you know that this character/event is here/coming?"
3) "You have been wearing those clothes a lot lately".
4) "Do you know what kind of movies/books/sports Player 2 likes?"
5) "Someone visited your town the other day. I heard they are known as [insert here some random title]".
Then i would try to talk to them again and they would refuse to, forcing me to either close the game or wait just for them to say the exact same lines again and again.

Even back when i had no second player or visitor, they would just greet me and say how they are glad to be living in the island. It feels like every conversation is just 1~2 boxes dialogue and if i received any request, it would always be the exact same two requests (catching a critter and delivering a package), with the wording they use to request it to you barely changing aswell. I have been playing for over a year now and i can count on one hand the amount of times they asked to play with me.

The dialogue also fails to show how distinct the personalities really are, aside from when villagers interact with each other, which doesn't happen that often.
Even NL which seriously dialed down the rudeness of snooty and cranky villagers, still had them showing their personalities and traits a lot more than NH and in a way that was still funny. In NH, the only exception are the jock villagers and that is just because now they are more one dimensional than ever.
I don't disagree that New Leaf had a much better dialogue system than New Horizons.

I just notice that New Horizons has "husk dialogue" where they will always say similar things within the first couple of times when you prompt a conversation, and after a bit, they'll say something a bit more unique.

I guess I was picking on City Folk since it was the low hanging fruit on the tree.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Oh god Bunny Day is back.

At least there's only 5 new items. I'm doing that and see what's gonna happen this Sunday (probably nothing).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Other thing about the text, is that its super slow. Why there isnt an option to speed it up like in Pokemon?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Other thing about the text, is that its super slow. Why there isnt an option to speed it up like in Pokemon?
Hold down the L button before talking to characters. It speeds up the text. Holding down the button isn’t so bad and you can easy teach yourself to do it instinctively.

KillerDraco

So for those wanting to avoid eggs, specifically water eggs, keep this in mind:

Water Eggs can only appear from Size 3 Fish Shadows.
Fish summoned by bait cannot be Eggs.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Got super lucky today and got to Tarantula Island on the one NMT I used today. Caught 25 before I decided to call it a night. Planning on waiting for Flick to appear on my island to sell them all.

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I've been absolutely buried in New Horizons for the past couple of weeks. I missed out on the Sanrio cards, but the lady at Target was SUPER cool. When she told me they were out, she asked me for my FC and told me she'd send me the items. She gave me the whole Hello Kitty set. I also was able to get my island to 5 stars. I found my second lilly of the valley this morning. Currently tidying up certain areas so I get a DC.