• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Yeah, we're hinted at getting the Golden Series in the next game, so I'm not too worried about it on City Folk any more.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Really liking how the way Jump Out is looking. Have to say that it'll even be a day one purchase for me. The main thing I'm looking toward to hear about is the holidays that are gonna be in the game. Hope that they would include some new holidays (more recognizable ones to be exact). That and plus bring back some of them from Population Growing since of the fact that there is a lot of recycled stuff from the game in this game. Besides that, I actually am looking forward to turn my in game house into a real dojo. Though I'm more looking forward to waking the villagers in the head with a butterfly net again.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Besides that, I actually am looking forward to turn my in game house into a real dojo. Though I'm more looking forward to waking the villagers in the head with a butterfly net again.

A net? My weapon of choice was either the axe or the shovel. Keep on poking them in their soft, soft bellies until they shout at you and go off in a tantrum or in a mood swing. Being a vandal's fun.

36squid

ISingTheBodyElectric
Ew, Resetti and a whole building :|, I do like the look of the game though, besides that

Poetry

Dancing Mad
A ton of new info released a couple of days ago.

New Features as Mayor
- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Brewster’s Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a ‘part-time job’.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.

New Villagers
- Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
- Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
- Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.
- Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
- Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
- Doremi, deer, born March 26
- Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th

New Store Details
- Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He’s a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
- Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have ‘planned exhibitions’ of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather’s little sister.
- Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
- Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
- Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook’s old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
- Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.

Misc Details
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Can drink coffee outside.
- New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can’t hate them.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.
- Start the game off in a tent.
- Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

Source

Ruby Blue

New Features as Mayor
- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Brewster’s Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a ‘part-time job’.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.

I assume it's required to get Resetti's building, but I would've done it anyway. Copper & Booker are almost definitley the two police officers, since the gate is gone. This is about the first thing the villagers will do for the village since like, ever~

Misc Details
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Can drink coffee outside.
- New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can’t hate them.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.
- Start the game off in a tent.
- Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.

This is really slaying my life. They wait to launch the best 3DS game about 2 years later.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I like the fact that they're making sure the final product has great quality, and I know it will, but the wait is a huge disappointment. The game will obviously be great, but I don't think the wait will have been worth it. This game should have been out already!!

Zibdas

not bad
Because the first release date given for the UK was something like August 2012?!

I don't recall ever seeing a release date that wasn't Late Winter/Late Fall 2012 for any country.

Guys. Guys. They delayed the release date to make the game better - just like they did for Ocarina of Time.

ManhattanTheStarr

I like the fact that they're making sure the final product has great quality, and I know it will, but the wait is a huge disappointment. The game will obviously be great, but I don't think the wait will have been worth it. This game should have been out already!!

If the game's production were to be rushed, you wouldn't be guaranteed a good Animal Crossing. Just look at City Folk.
Even if this upcoming AC turned out to be delayed up until the summer of 2013, I would be patient. That just means that the producers are working that much harder to make the game better.

I've reset City folk for like the 12th time....still can't get into it anymore. Ugh I miss the GC version, that was a truly addicting game.

The 3ds version looks beyond amazing though, even though we know so little about it, I know that I will enjoy this more than I do CF! I mean customization, a fresher look, and I can replace Tortimer!!!!! Heh heh horf.

Recon

45 minute video from Nintendo Direct Japan, only AC gameplay.

Will edit with more info as I continue watching, though I don't know Japanese, so it will be a bit tougher for me to figure out everything.

10 minutes in and they've introduced quite a bit of stuff, the megaphone tool which broadcasts whatever you say in your mic, how the recycle shop works, how to place items for you town and how to pay for the items, where all the shops besides the recycle shop are located which seems to be a strip of stores past the train tracks, and the shop with the tanuki twins sells candy and fortune cookies, dunno what the fortune cookies do though, candy I assume will work like Halloween.

2nd floor of Museum has four rooms, showcasing different types of rooms which you can design. In the presentation, they showed off a room full of gyroids and a room designed to look like a revolving sushi restaurant, with a revolving sushi furniture piece in the middle. Lyle and Nook are working in the same building, there are pieces of a house such as doors, mailboxes and fences, which I assume you can buy, and you can buy expansions from Nook.

Dr. Shrunk operates club 444 and for a piece of fruit, you can get a special show. You can also hold more than 4 emotions now. At the end of the strip is a photo booth which you can take a photo for 500 Bells. You can use an emotion as the photo is taken, and the photo will be put on a card which shows your name, town and friend code. If you don't like it, you can re-take it.

At the recycle shop, you can also redesign furniture for a fee. In the demo, they showed a couch that had a gray base and blue vines on it. After paying the fee, some selection and 30 minutes, they couch had a black base with red and yellow squares. You can also put your own custom designs on the couches, and he showed of the design interface, how you can zoom in and gave us a demo by drawing Nook's face. You can also make custom designs for wallpaper and I also assume carpets.

Past the shopping strip is a plaza where you can find people you've met online, and areas with the houses they have designed, inside and out, which you're free to explore.

Post office is also located in the shopping strip. New type of store introduced in the strip, run by an anteater with a bun, she sends you off to dreamland which is a whole new, well-designed town which you can do whatever you want and fully explore. Lemons (I think), Bananas and I believe Mangoes are now a type of fruit tree, alongside peaches, cherries, and the other fruits.

Showing the town at various times in the day and different locations. Personally, I think the redesigned water looks very nice. Also, it seems that some of the old fruits and flowers were redesigned to make them look more dynamic and interesting. This change is noted most strongly when looking at the Cosmos flowers. At night, if you head to Club 444, you can find everyone's favorite acoustic guitar playing dog KK Slider, who will put on a show for you. Not sure if this is a specific night only. There's also another use for Club 444, once in a while if you go in, you might find the place has turned into a dance club with flashy lights, loud music, a screen in the back with crazy images, gyroids in the back that might provide some beats, and a new character, DJ KK who provides the music you'll be partying too, decked out in glasses and working the turntables. Character actions will change depending the music being played.

Kapp'n's back and for 1000 Bells he'll bring you and all your friends if they're there to an island, where you can swim in the water, find rare bugs and fish, collect coconuts, and shells. There's also a small resort on the island where I believe Kapp'n's relatives own and can sell you tropical gear. You can also start and play minigames with your friends at the island. And who else to officiate but everyone's favorite retired mayor, Tortimer. One minigame has you running around a maze trying to find 5 pieces of fruit, the time limit being 5 minutes, which you also have to report back to Tortimer as well. Also, Durains are apparently a fruit as well, as seen in this part of the video.

And that's it, once the game is over, you'll be sent back to the lobby of the resort. The AC 3DS package is showed off and the video is over.

If anyone knows Japanese, please add info on things I probably missed.

EDIT: okay, so with the dream thing, apparently you visit a town you streetpassed and whatever you do there won't affect their town, so have fun with it.

Last edited:

Ruby Blue

This is actually so awesome and I know it's worth the wait, but it's starting to become painful to do so.
I would summarize my thoughts on this here, but it's too great for words. I love the mix of new innovations and old features from Population Growing.

I wonder where Gracie, Redd, Katrina and Harriet will be? I assume they just didn't show the entire shopping district.

EDIT: okay, so with the dream thing, apparently you visit a town you streetpassed and whatever you do there won't affect their town, so have fun with it.

Disappointing tbh...

Recon

This is actually so awesome and I know it's worth the wait, but it's starting to become painful to do so.
I would summarize my thoughts on this here, but it's too great for words. I love the mix of new innovations and old features from Population Growing.

I wonder where Gracie, Redd, Katrina and Harriet will be? I assume they just didn't show the entire shopping district.

Yes, they only showed the left side of the area, the store run by the Tanooki twins and Kick's place, everything else on the right side is unknown right now.

Also, after poking my head around, apparently DJ KK is just KK Slider with a new hip-hop look

Last edited:

ManhattanTheStarr

Yes. I know this is nothing to flip out about... But seriously... in all honesty... DID THEY REALLY HAVE TO MAKE THE FEMALE CHARACTERS RUN LIKE THAT? It looks horribly feminine and bothers the crap outta me.

But anywaaaays... this game is looking more than amazing at this point. It's like they thought of every single possibility when it came to these new features. Can't wait to grab my copy. :)