• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I think it's actually very smart that they decided to distinguish between the male characters and female characters more. As for the walk, I didn't find it too noticeable but it's quite a nice one! I also happen to agree with the top comment on that YouTube video, social life will soon be gone! I can see many people getting very addicted to this game!

ManhattanTheStarr

I think it's actually very smart that they decided to distinguish between the male characters and female characters more. As for the walk, I didn't find it too noticeable but it's quite a nice one! I also happen to agree with the top comment on that YouTube video, social life will soon be gone! I can see many people getting very addicted to this game!

But the thing is... only 8 year old girls run like that. xD
I'll just try and ignore it. ...Or play as a boy instead. :p

R_N

But the thing is... only 8 year old girls run like that. xD
I'll just try and ignore it. ...Or play as a boy instead. :p

or just carry a tool around
I think they showed the girl running around with a tool and it wasn't as pronounced

(I think it's kinda cute...but then again I don't play as a girl character so)

ManhattanTheStarr

No, I've seen plenty of adult females that run like that, though they're usually just being silly.

Well there you go. :p

I mean, I just think it looks retarded, as I've always been peeved off by overly feminine portrayals of female characters in video games. Guess I'll just have to get over it though.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I might be being stupid here but how is the gameplay going to be divided between the screens? I assume the main action is on the top screen so touchscreen controls are gone, so are we going to have a perpetually open menu on the bottom screen or something?

I might be being stupid here but how is the gameplay going to be divided between the screens? I assume the main action is on the top screen so touchscreen controls are gone, so are we going to have a perpetually open menu on the bottom screen or something?

That's what I've been hearing at least. All the items and junk will be on the bottom screen.

Ruby Blue

DID THEY REALLY HAVE TO MAKE THE FEMALE CHARACTERS RUN LIKE THAT? It looks horribly feminine and bothers the crap outta me.

I noticed that too, but I'm not really bothered since I walked everywhere in CF anyway.

It would certainly be handy.
I'm not irked by the loss of touchscreen controls, I used the D-pad in WW and nunchuck in CF anyway.

ManhattanTheStarr

You know what...? I never even considered that. All the action IS on the upper screen. Welp, that might confirm that touch controls won't be involved when it comes to controlling your character and other actions. It really doesn't matter all that much now, considering that we have the handy dandy analog stick on the 3DS. Though I can't really say that it's super comfortable to use. :p

Oh my god these graphics are amazing! I'm so happy they are taking the successful elements from past games aswell as creating whole new things to bring this game to life.
I honestly believe I might be addicted to this game when I get it :D

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Never really been into Animal Crossing and I don't own a 3DS, but the new Animal Crossing looks very nice!

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Yeah if you can't use the touch screen to walk, it makes no difference to me. I can play this game all day and it's just so much simpler using the d-pad, or the analog stick in this case. I'm still praying that we get that extremely cute AC 3DS XL as a bundle. It's probably my favourite LE design that Nintendo have ever made for a DS!! (Cait Sith being a close second.)

R_N

Watching the video, this looks great!!

Wait, is that... Pictures are back! Yeah! Was that announced?

I haven't taken the time to get a good look at it, but it is probably just one of the rewards from the Lost Kitten sidequest that shows up after wi-fi

And yet still more information is to be had.

Apparently, you can take your different fruit trees in your town to get hybrid fruit trees. Though the process is currently unknown.

R_N

Speaking of that, is there anywhere that's translating the twitter account?
Google translate can get the gist but it'd still be nice to have actual translations

fhqwhgads

Why's everyone saying the top screen focus removes the touch movement? It doesn't have to. It's not like the touch screen can't find its bearings if the character isn't on it. Up is still up, down is still down.

I would enjoy a perpetual menu as much as the next person, simply for not having to triple check open spaces, but come on. I haven't heard anything.

woot21

super noob
Do we have a release date yet? Since this and Sticker Star are the two games that make me want to buy a 3DS.

woot21 out dawgs

DarkGengar

Ghost Reaper
Why do we have to wait for this? I'm a major AC fan and this is looking to be the best game in the series. I can't believe it was delayed yet AGAIN!