• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

I noticed this area has a lack of topics about Animal Crossing, so...yeah.

This topic is for discussing all things big or small about any Animal Crossing game. Debts, collecting stuff, annoying neighbors, whatever you want.

Here's a guide to the various things in the game:
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/

Wi-Fi Blacklist
Do not engage in contact with these users, as they have engaged in actions potentially harmful to your village and/or your personal items.
No one yet.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I feel like I should get the new one, but it isn't too high on my list of priorities.

Haunter ゴースト

It looks amazing, I can't wait to play it.

I love the other games, but one thing that is extremely annoying is no matter how hard I try to keep playing it, the enjoyment only lasts for 2/3 months. Hopefully this Animal Crossing will have enough new features to keep me entertained for a long time.

Haunter ゴースト

It's weird. Back when I was younger, Animal Crossing Wild World was incredible to me, I thought it was amazing. I played it all the time and had no problem with it.

Looking back at it now, it was actually quite a bad game. Loading times were awful, the graphics were very glitchy, and it had a major lag to it.

Eh, either way it was still a good game, I have a lot of nostalgia for it :p

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Looking back at it now, it was actually quite a bad game. Loading times were awful, the graphics were very glitchy, and it had a major lag to it.

I don't know about you but I didn't find any lag or glitches in the crazy amount of hours I played. Initial loading time too a while but after that there were no load screens in the game.

Haunter ゴースト

I don't know about you but I didn't find any lag or glitches in the crazy amount of hours I played. Initial loading time too a while but after that there were no load screens in the game.

You never found it was extremely slow?

I would say it could have just been my copy, but a bunch of my mates used to play it together and their's were quite bad too.

Oh well, im not bashing the game, i'd happily play it again right now if i hadn't traded it in. Let's go the city makes do for me now.

My biggest problems with City Folk are probably the music, ported over from Wild World, and that"animal tracks" feature that kills all the grass and gets rid of all the snow because you're walking around on it.
Wild World had that lagging issue, and everyone had to share a house, with no basement, and a lack of a lot of things, to be honest.
Animal Crossing (GCN) probably had only one debatable problem, and it's that neighbors would occasionally ask you to collect an item from a resident who moved out.

Haunter ゴースト

My biggest problems with City Folk are probably the music, ported over from Wild World, and that"animal tracks" feature that kills all the grass and gets rid of all the snow because you're walking around on it.
Wild World had that lagging issue, and everyone had to share a house, with no basement, and a lack of a lot of things, to be honest.
Animal Crossing (GCN) probably had only one debatable problem, and it's that neighbors would occasionally ask you to collect an item from a resident who moved out.

I never played AC on the GCN, I started with Wild World and was hooked with the franchise since, but yeah the animal tracks is annoying as hell in Let's Go To The City.

This past week i've recently started playing Let's Go The City again, my town was a mess full of weeds -.-

Blegh, weeds. 2 weeds per day really adds up over time.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
You never found it was extremely slow?

I would say it could have just been my copy, but a bunch of my mates used to play it together and their's were quite bad too.

Never. Well, maybe on WFC.

Blegh, weeds. 2 weeds per day really adds up over time.

I hear that. I recently went to play Wild World again and my whole town (the half NOT covered in Zelda 1 tiles) was covered in weeds.

MonkeyX

The new Animal Crossings looks really good. I hope being the mayor gives you more things to do, I normally end up not playing after a month or two and when I come back my town is weed infested, ugh, I hate weeds.

I guess you could say some towns have a serious weed problem.

diakyu

oh animal crossing. It sucks me in every time. When the 3DS one comes out I'm gonna mysteriously disappear for a few weeks.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
The thing about Animal Crossing that it sucks your life in.

and then you get bored and forget that you even own the game until someone mention it which makes you look for your copy only to either.

A. realise that you sold your copy long ago.
B. Turn the game on see your town covered in weeds, your animal buddy moved out and Mr. Resetti telling you off for not saving the game before you quit.

Having said I so can't wait the buy the 3DS version and try not to repeat the cycle again. ^_^;

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I like how the 3ds Animal Crossing has the new characters in it (Kicks gets a shoe shop), while keeping ideas from the original games afloat (like an island).

I really loved the island gimmick.

Recon

I'm really pumped up for this, can not wait.

I wonder while you're the mayor, if you can invite special characters to your twon whenever you want. Also, I've noticed that you could possibly be able to customize some parts of the town layout, such as housing lots and street tiles. So in a way, you can customize your own town however you want, I'm really excited for that part the most.