• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Huh. I guess I have quite a different idea from others as to what constitutes a good pre-order bonus.

Stumbled upon this the other day, am so angry at myself I didn't find it sooner, since £129.99 (about $197) is just an outrageous price for a new 3DS, let alone one which comes with Animal Crossing pre-installed.

The Head Honchkrow

So I'm thinking of getting New Leaf, but I'm totally new to the series so some opinions would be much appreciated :)
From I've heard/seen, it is like The Sims, but with more of a focus on town-building than people-making.

~The Head Honchkrow~

woot21

super noob
Actually, the game is more about paying off your debt (or not), and kicking back and chilling by fishing and hunting insects, and collecting furniture that you find cool. Or you can dig up fossils. Or pull up weeds and make your town pretty.

woot21 out dawgs

Recon

So I'm thinking of getting New Leaf, but I'm totally new to the series so some opinions would be much appreciated :)
From I've heard/seen, it is like The Sims, but with more of a focus on town-building than people-making.

~The Head Honchkrow~

Animal Crossing is possibly the definition of casual games. You basically proceed at your own pace, watching things around you change. You can collect bugs, fish, fossils, and paintings to donate to a museum, pay off your debts, explore the islands, do whatever. It's your life, play how you want.

The AC trailers also detail the game pretty well and I can only suspect more in the coming days up to its release.

The Head Honchkrow

Animal Crossing is possibly the definition of casual games. You basically proceed at your own pace, watching things around you change. You can collect bugs, fish, fossils, and paintings to donate to a museum, pay off your debts, explore the islands, do whatever. It's your life, play how you want.

The AC trailers also detail the game pretty well and I can only suspect more in the coming days up to its release.

Ah, OK. Gotcha.
One question though; is AC "high-maintenance"? By that, I mean if you don't play it for a while, do things in your town go to crap?

~The Head Honchkrow~

R_N

Well it's "high maintenance" in the sense that if you don't play weeds crop up, flowers die and villagers can move out.

But setting it to a "Beautiful Town" will null the weed & flower issue if you put it down for long periods, I believe.

stephastated

dumb twerp
wow oops i didn't see that there was an animal crossing thread already. but yes omg i am so PUMPED FOR NEW LEAF and the animal crossing 3ds xl is really kawaii ;w;

woot21

super noob
Just starting up a new file on City Folk while I wait for New Leaf. Once I get set up if anyone still plays it (which I doubt) I'll open my gates.

woot21 out dawgs

Last edited:

Torpoleon

Well it's "high maintenance" in the sense that if you don't play weeds crop up, flowers die and villagers can move out.

But setting it to a "Beautiful Town" will null the weed & flower issue if you put it down for long periods, I believe.
Awesome! Now I wont have to worry about villagers moving, flowers dying and weeds cropping up when I put the game down for other things. Is this feature available from the start?

R_N

Awesome! Now I wont have to worry about villagers moving, flowers dying and weeds cropping up when I put the game down for other things. Is this feature available from the start?

You still have to worry about villagers moving.

It's available a few days after you become mayor, I think. You need to pay 10,000 bells

JD

Didn't pre order this but I'll probably try to get it around June it'll be difficult since I want Injustice Gods Among Us too.

Torpoleon

You still have to worry about villagers moving.

It's available a few days after you become mayor, I think. You need to pay 10,000 bells
Oh, OK. That's still fine.

I'll keep that in mind and can hopefully accumulate the needed bells quickly.

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
I plan on playing one of the DS games before decided to purchase this, what are the wifi features like?

R_N

I plan on playing one of the DS games before decided to purchase this, what are the wifi features like?

There's only 1 DS game, fyi

the wi-fi features of Wild World are basically: You can visit another person's town, they can visit yours. While there you can chat with one another and do what you would normally do, basically (fish, catch bugs, talk to villagers, etc).

hawkeye721

なんと素敵な歌!!!!!!!!
There's only 1 DS game, fyi

the wi-fi features of Wild World are basically: You can visit another person's town, they can visit yours. While there you can chat with one another and do what you would normally do, basically (fish, catch bugs, talk to villagers, etc).

I meant the wifi features of new leaf.

R_N

I meant the wifi features of new leaf.

Well mostly the same, the biggest additions are:
-"Best Friend" feature allows you to message people even if they're not in your town.
-Best Friends also let you limit who can come into your town
-While someone is over, they can come with you to the Island where you can play various minigames
-There's also a version of the island where you can play with random people from different countries

On the non-player to player spectrum there's also free DLC & the NA/EU versions will have a spotpass feature for the Happy Home Neighborhood

ysmr97

I can't wait until New Leaf releases! So, do any of you Japenese players have any bits of info for me?