• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

*IZ*

1. I laid out paths to avoid grass wear. It was getting really bad, and you could tell it was happening. I didn't cover every square inch, I like being able to see the grass, and watch it regrow.
2. See above. I have a decent sized park, though, that's mostly covered. But it's one of my best features, it took a lot of time to make (I even sorted the flowers by color and type), and I'm proud of it.
Don't take the paths our because they don't protect you from grass wear!!

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
I am not sure ATm what do you have?

EDIT:

Minimalist Sofa, Table, Wall (A.K.A. Neutral Wall), and Wardrobe. Also, I need the Classic Desk, Classic Table, and Classic Wall Shelf. Big Bells for any of the above!!

I have the sofa, table and wardrobe n_n

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Don't take the paths our because they don't protect you from grass wear!!

I looked it up, they actually do. Grass under patterns doesn't wear.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I got the Silver Watering Can today. Too bad I'll be getting the gold can soon enough, but it's nice to have the silver. Meanwhile turnips are at a measly 88 bells today, but hopefully it will be better in the afternoon. I've also figured out what I need left from the Green furniture series, so if anyone has something, let me know, VM or here.
Green Drawer, Green Desk, Green Bed, and Green Floor, which is much less than I'd thought before.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I've never, ever in any AC game had luck with turnips. But today they were 411 bells each.

Jackpot.

Darato

(o,..,o)
I have the silver rod in my museum today if anyone wants to come buy it.

Just drop me a PM

L.F.D.

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Are they still that high right now? If so, would you mind having people come over to sell them right now?

I don't think I would mind, no. I have troubles connecting my 3DS to the internet though, and I have little time at the moment, so I might just be able to take a few people at most.

I'll PM you with the details, if anyone else wants to take advantage of it then just PM me and I'll get to you as soon as I can. Not much time left, though, so I'm afraid you'll have to be quick...

Last edited:

AllHailThrall

I've been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf for about a week and I have to say, this game is a LOT slower than the other games in the series. For instance, I have about half of the bug species in the game, quite a few fish, over 600,000 Bells, about half the fossils, and yet I still have the basic Nookling Junction, I haven't gotten K.K. Slider yet (even if I did, I still don't have a music player, every game prior started you off with a tape deck), and I still lack the ability to buy carpets (hence, I'm stuck with an ugly-looking grassy floor. Saharah's visit didn't help since she gave me the surface of the Moon). My house has just upgraded to the second floor and yet I have nothing to spend my money on aside from house upgrades (the public works I have aren't very useful or interesting, just signs, fountains, benches, and fences). I'll continue playing but still. Where are the Lost and Found and Recycling Bin when you need them?

It's fun. I'll just give it a bit more time. It still needs to be faster, though.

Recon

I've been playing Animal Crossing New Leaf for about a week and I have to say, this game is a LOT slower than the other games in the series. For instance, I have about half of the bug species in the game, quite a few fish, over 600,000 Bells, about half the fossils, and yet I still have the basic Nookling Junction, I haven't gotten K.K. Slider yet (even if I did, I still don't have a music player, every game prior started you off with a tape deck), and I still lack the ability to buy carpets (hence, I'm stuck with an ugly-looking grassy floor. Saharah's visit didn't help since she gave me the surface of the Moon). My house has just upgraded to the second floor and yet I have nothing to spend my money on aside from house upgrades (the public works I have aren't very useful or interesting, just signs, fountains, benches, and fences). I'll continue playing but still. Where are the Lost and Found and Recycling Bin when you need them?

It's fun. I'll just give it a bit more time. It still needs to be faster, though.

Then just buy more stuff from Nookling Junction. It's that simple. Fatten your catalog a bit,it'll help with badges.

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists

Several things:
Yeah, it can be slow, but in the end it's fun. Use the money for public works if you can.
Lost and found comes with the police station. A villager will request it as a public works.
Recycling bin is a public works project.
Coincidentally, I need the Lunar Surface for one of my museum displays. I'll gladly arrange a trade for it.

AllHailThrall

I already sold the lunar surface. And I said that the public works were pointless. And by "a villager will request it", does that mean I have to wait for a villager to say "you know what'd be swell? A police station!" before it'll let me build one?

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
I already sold the lunar surface. And I said that the public works were pointless. And by "a villager will request it", does that mean I have to wait for a villager to say "you know what'd be swell? A police station!" before it'll let me build one?

Yep. It's at random, could happen any time.

*IZ*

I looked it up, they actually do. Grass under patterns doesn't wear.

You sure? I'm talking from experience. I changed my path and I swear there was almost no grass underneath them, and there definitely was grass when I first put them there.

FusionKT

*cough*
Wow, just found 10 Golden Stags, 6 Hercules beetles and a rainbow stag in one run of the island. Lucky day.

AllHailThrall

That's precisely how I make my money, bug hunts on the island. I don't know if I'm breaking the economy by doing that but I'm sorry for being so negative yesterday regardless. It's just that what I enjoyed most about the previous Animal Crossing games was collecting the furniture to spruce up my house, and especially visiting K.K. Slider. Both of which are limited to me. The lost and found and recycle bin always have really interesting stuff in them so yeah. My weakness is that I enjoy furniture and have a lack of patience when I get the same furniture over and over (I'm looking at you, office desk).

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I finally settled on a town layout that I liked - yes I restarted my town yet again. I got apples as my town fruit, which I am delighted about as I was getting sick of always having oranges or cherries as my town fruit.

Anyway I switched my game on just now, and Pete was waiting for me outside my house with a letter from Nintendo, containing a 'slushy machine'. Has anybody else here received this yet?

Chapter

hello, im back sorta
^
Not me... 5th day of a perfect town (or maybe 6th ID remember) and ive got 4 Jacob's Ladders. Got Bunnie to move into my town but Bertha said shes leaving on the 22nd and I said she should leave. Bertha can go, and I can grab some campers, or Graham, or an octopus, or Beardo, or Skye. Anyway, so close to finishing the Classic/Minimalist series.