• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
Well after completing just about everything I could manage I've just begun a new town to go with the new year, and I have to say I love my new town ^_^

Who are your starting villagers?

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'm also planning on starting a new town tomorrow. I'm going to try and play through a whole year in one town with no TT'ing, so I'm going to be pretty picky about my town layout. ^^;

The things I'd really like to get are: a blue train station, an unbroken beach, peaches (they're the only native fruit I haven't had yet) and probably the star-patterned snow.

I'm really hoping that I'll end up getting some of my favourite villagers, like Beau or Punchy.

Haddy

This may sound completely stupid, but how do you start a new town? I tried to start a new file but it just sends me as a resident to the same town.
I only got the game last week, and I fancy going for a different map.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
This may sound completely stupid, but how do you start a new town? I tried to start a new file but it just sends me as a resident to the same town.
I only got the game last week, and I fancy going for a different map.

When you talk to Isabelle on the load-up screen tell her that you want to ask about "other things" (might not be the exact words), and one of the options she gives you is to re-build the town.

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
Lol. Surprise resident here.

Any who, I'm working on my hangout room in the museum. I have a billiards table, two modern wood tables, and the first 4 coffee items. Charcoal tile is the floor there, and a tea tansu rests on the far wall. My town will love this.

Also, Biff the jock hippo is moving on the 5th. Anyone want him?

Last edited:

Haddy

When you talk to Isabelle on the load-up screen tell her that you want to ask about "other things" (might not be the exact words), and one of the options she gives you is to re-build the town.

Ahh Thanks a lot! I got a better map then before, in that I can actually use my entire beach! House placed nicely in the lower centre of the map before the cliff, and the Shop and Town Hall are placed brilliantly, along with a Town Square that is actually in the centre of town! My only worry is the current bridge is on one of the sides, but when I place new bridges in I reckon it will be a decent town altogether.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I think I agree with other people. I want to get a new start, but I don't really want to erase this town, I've put a lot of work into it and I still have a lot more work to go. I'm thinking about going out and buying another copy. I have a digital download version of ACNL so i'm thinking of getting a physical one and having 2 towns.

Plus I have a 25 and a 10 dollar gift card to gamestop from Christmas and I really have no idea what to buy outside of Rune factory 3 and I highly doubt they'll have that. I really don't want anything in the new year aside from a Wii U and Smash 4 but that's not coming out for a while and i'm waiting for another price drop soooo yeah.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
If we're starting new towns, i could go along with the trend.

There is nothing special about my town yet and i could play as "myself" instead of the girl villager.

should Wait until morning though, so shops are open to sell things.

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
bit o' a noob question here,but i want to grow durians/more perfect apple trees in my town,but the trees die,how do i make them grow?also,if you want to visit,pm me!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
bit o' a noob question here,but i want to grow durians/more perfect apple trees in my town,but the trees die,how do i make them grow?also,if you want to visit,pm me!

When planting trees, make sure there is plenty of space around them; there shouldn't be anything next to them really (except flowers). If there is something like a tree or house nearby, it will die.

Also, the Zodiac animal is today; this year, it's a horse.

My town is coming along well. I've got quite a bit of furniture I want; 2/5 of my Diplodocus, all of the Ice and at least half of the Regal, Lovely and Blue sets all customised appropriately (Royal Purple/Pink and White/Sapphire respectively - Ore decorated furniture is gorgeous). Celebrated New Year's with my tweeter and still have the blue hat on. Also got the only Fortune Cookie prize I wanted today - the Pikmin flowerpot. Going to expand my existing rooms a stage (two stages for my basement) so I have room for everything, and decorate the exterior of my house. So far, it looks really good though, even if I need some wallpapers/carpets.

Lopez wants peaches though - which I don't have. :( Beautiful Town ordinance is wonderful - I have several crossbreed colours growing and I don't have to worry about them wilting on me! Hoping for Club LOL to open in the next couple of days so my character can finally emote. Overall, it looks like a good upcoming year for Joyville! Any new fish I should look out for this month?

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

One of the villagers I wanted, Agent S moved in! I love the four super hero villagers, and I eventually want all four in my town, so Agent S was a pleasant surprise to see after that creep Canberra moved out!

Also, Chibi_Muffin, I could give you whatever parts of the Diplodocus you need.

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
Um, how/when can you get rid of the bingo card? The wiki says in January but I tried to bin it, drop it and sell it but none of this worked. Is it when the snow clears? 'Cause the inventory space it takes up is starting to get annoying.

On another note, I cant wait for Isabelle to stop appearing in the plaza. I want public works projects!!

Also, Patty is moving out of my town soon, anyone want her? Also (again) does anyone with a non-apple town want a perfect apple or two? You could have it for free but another perfect fruit (mainly peach) would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
One of the villagers I wanted, Agent S moved in! I love the four super hero villagers, and I eventually want all four in my town, so Agent S was a pleasant surprise to see after that creep Canberra moved out!

Also, Chibi_Muffin, I could give you whatever parts of the Diplodocus you need.

Heh, I have Big Top. He's one of my favourites, though, so I'm not getting rid of him!

Some more Diplodocus parts would be nice, thanks. I don't have the Neck or Tail in my museum yet, but any parts (minus the Skull and Chest) would be appreciated! :D

Torpoleon

Um, how/when can you get rid of the bingo card? The wiki says in January but I tried to bin it, drop it and sell it but none of this worked. Is it when the snow clears? 'Cause the inventory space it takes up is starting to get annoying.

On another note, I cant wait for Isabelle to stop appearing in the plaza. I want public works projects!!

Also, Patty is moving out of my town soon, anyone want her? Also (again) does anyone with a non-apple town want a perfect apple or two? You could have it for free but another perfect fruit (mainly peach) would be much appreciated!
I think you can get rid of the Bingo Card when the snow clears, which isn't until February. You'd be better off just building a Snowman and trying to get a bingo.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I finally settled on a town layout that I liked, after many hours of resetting, and I got all the things in it I wanted most, like: a blue train station, peach trees, star-patterned grass, only one pond and an unbroken beach. So I'm really pleased with that. ^_^

The only thing I don't like are my villagers. I didn't get one villager that I actually like. But I do plan on doing the 'villager reset trick' to get some villagers that I want (such as Pietro *_* ) in locations that I like. My starting five villagers are:

Poncho - jock bear cub
Frank - cranky eagle
Annalisa - normal anteater
Maella - snooty duck
Derwin - lazy duck

Since I can't really start working on my approval rating today because of the holiday, I'm just going to concentrate on paying off the down payment instead.