• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Is there a trick to catching the sharks? (well the fish that appear in the water that look like sharks i mean)
I've only got the basic rod right now (just started a week ago :3 ) and I've only mananged to catch 2 out of 20 or so i've seen.
I'm working on getting thet silver rod so my chances will increase ^w^

KillerDraco

Is there a trick to catching the sharks? (well the fish that appear in the water that look like sharks i mean)
I've only got the basic rod right now (just started a week ago :3 ) and I've only mananged to catch 2 out of 20 or so i've seen.
I'm working on getting thet silver rod so my chances will increase ^w^

Listen, don't look.

No, really. I (and several others, apparently) find that reflex time is a little better if you're reacting to the sound rather than the sight.

Solar Faber

Fox of the moon
Well Angus hasn't camped out in my town yet.
you can ask the guy who has angus moving out to go to his town and talk to angus there, that will cause him to move in if you have space
Listen, don't look.

No, really. I (and several others, apparently) find that reflex time is a little better if you're reacting to the sound rather than the sight.

I agree, even though I rarely fish the sound is better to listen for then actually seeing it

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Listen, don't look.

oooooh ty! I'll definitely try that next time.
I'm spoilt .A.
so used to pokemon's throw the line out, and then press A when you've got a bite.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Hello! I am a huge Animal Crossing Fan! I've been a fan for one year now (Sarcastically says, man, I've been a fan for so long!)

In my game currently, I am getting Monique... I think and Peanut moved away :(

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
New Leaf was such a disappoint for me. Was my first Animal Crossing game, and I knew what I was getting into, but I still felt buyer's remorse. The fact that I got it digital (I was actually gonna get it on physical, but the GameStop I went sold out, and only had the download codes) means I can't trade it. $40 went down the drain... I should have gotten Fire Emblem Awakening instead. Next time, unless the game is already something that I know I will buy day one, or at least have a passing glance interest in, I should just ignore all the other hype.

Symphony

Seasons, they turn..
Well, I guess everyone has different opinions!

I now have three rooms completely done in AC! Onward to the next bill (Why, Tom Nook? WHY?!)

Cloneydew2000

WildScraggyAppeared!
New Leaf was such a disappoint for me. Was my first Animal Crossing game, and I knew what I was getting into, but I still felt buyer's remorse. The fact that I got it digital (I was actually gonna get it on physical, but the GameStop I went sold out, and only had the download codes) means I can't trade it. $40 went down the drain... I should have gotten Fire Emblem Awakening instead. Next time, unless the game is already something that I know I will buy day one, or at least have a passing glance interest in, I should just ignore all the other hype.

What did you find disappointing? Just the game style?

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
What did you find disappointing? Just the game style?

I guess not being able to do much. It just seems like after an hour or two, you've already done everything for the day. No matter how long you wait, nothing else will happen until a full day in real life has passed. I was expecting this too. Like I said, I knew what I was getting myself into. I've read reviews and user opinions, and I liked what I was reading and watching about the game, but SOMEHOW, I was still let down. I don't know if that makes sense. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood then?

KillerDraco

I guess not being able to do much. It just seems like after an hour or two, you've already done everything for the day. No matter how long you wait, nothing else will happen until a full day in real life has passed. I was expecting this too. Like I said, I knew what I was getting myself into. I've read reviews and user opinions, and I liked what I was reading and watching about the game, but SOMEHOW, I was still let down. I don't know if that makes sense. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood then?

Admittedly, the first few days are the slowest, due to the fact that much of the content takes a few days to unlock. I'd say give it about 4-5 days of playing a little bit each day; if you're not satisfied by then, then yeah, it's not meant to be. It's very open ended and there's never any real objective, so it's definitely a niche game that doesn't appeal to anyone.

Although I empathize with you since I downloaded the digital copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, hated it, and then was stuck with it. I learned the hard way to only get digital copies of games from series that I know I'll like.

R_N

The thing is, even after unlocking most of the shops and such, it's still very much a 1-2 hour a day thing unless you feel like fishing a while or just chilling with the villagers or doing a long-term thing like making paths

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Speaking of Multiplayer, i tried visiting Club Tortimer today.

Maybe its because i visited the international island, but there was no one there.

i dont know if you have to pay bells to visit, but if so i wasted 1000 bells for nothing.

is there even anything special about Club Tortimer besides playing with other people?

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Speaking of Multiplayer, i tried visiting Club Tortimer today.

Maybe its because i visited the international island, but there was no one there.

i dont know if you have to pay bells to visit, but if so i wasted 1000 bells for nothing.

is there even anything special about Club Tortimer besides playing with other people?
It has exclusive items like colored wet suits.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
What other exclusive items are there besides the wet suits?

tried a visit to the Local Club Tortimer Island today and the whole place was empty.

There was one dude there who cut down all the trees and bushes. Then he began hitting me with his bug net over and over.

after a few minutes there was some sort of error and i got sent back to my own island with none of the fish i caught on the island.

Not having any luck with Club Tortimer so far.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
What other exclusive items are there besides the wet suits?

tried a visit to the Local Club Tortimer Island today and the whole place was empty.

There was one dude there who cut down all the trees and bushes. Then he began hitting me with his bug net over and over.

after a few minutes there was some sort of error and i got sent back to my own island with none of the fish i caught on the island.

Not having any luck with Club Tortimer so far.
Ukulele
Chocolate
Sea Globe
Jacuzzi
Sand Castle
Bottled Ship
Muumuu
Hibiscus Flower
Striped Marine Suit
Red Marine Suit
White Marine Suit
Blue Marine Suit