• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This is interesting, but also a potential disappointment. If they're going through this work to add Amiibo compatibility, that infers that we're far off from a new Animal Crossing game. I was really hoping that since we didn't get a Wii U one that we would get one as a launch title for the NX. New Leaf is great, but a game on a handheld just can't hold my attention as well as one on a console.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
New Leaf was portable, which is useful for some Thanksgiving events.

Anyway, I was wondering, what if the amiibo cards for New Leaf allowed you to transfer data from Happy Home Designer? That would make the latter game very interesting.

R_N

New Leaf was portable, which is useful for some Thanksgiving events.

Anyway, I was wondering, what if the amiibo cards for New Leaf allowed you to transfer data from Happy Home Designer? That would make the latter game very interesting.

I'd be surprised if at least some stuff didn't transfer, but it probably depends on just how much stuff is added in addition to the amiibo. The tweets about it constantly say new "features" in addition to the amiibo stuff, and we can tell that there's some HHD items in there alongside entirely new items. HHD allowed for a variety of houses in a bunch of different sizes that the normal game doesn't have. If they let you expand villager houses (or, perhaps, make that exclusive to the amiibo cards?) then I can see your designs carrying over, but if not it might just plop down the defeault home. OR maybe they can shrink down the main room...?

Also I've seen it brought up that this is also being done to help facilitate linking up with the upcoming Animal Crossing mobile game, which is also due this fall and is meant to connect to mainline series.

I actually wonder if more quality of life stuff from HHD will make it in. What if they allow full camera control, the ability to offset the grid when placing items (using the sidle), the new misc animatiosn (sweeping the floors, reading a book, cooking, etc) and the expanded customization options and, oh man, skin color?

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I actually wonder if more quality of life stuff from HHD will make it in. What if they allow full camera control, the ability to offset the grid when placing items (using the sidle), the new misc animatiosn (sweeping the floors, reading a book, cooking, etc) and the expanded customization options and, oh man, skin color?

I would think that that kind of stuff would be saved for a new game. Seems like it would be too major of a change to implement with a patch.

R_N

I would think that that kind of stuff would be saved for a new game. Seems like it would be too major of a change to implement with a patch.

But all those changes are already there, in-engine, with HHD.

The animations in particular would probably be easy to add. And if it really is going to connect with the mobile game in some way, i think the skin color thing should probably be addressed. HHD has it, so does AF to an extent, and ther'es no way the mobile doesn't have it unless you dont play as a human.

And the patch is already happening years after the game came out and implementing a major feature alongside additional stuff, so surely repurposing HHD's stuff (or at least some of it) shouldn't be too tall an order.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
And the patch is already happening years after the game came out and implementing a major feature alongside additional stuff, so surely repurposing HHD's stuff (or at least some of it) shouldn't be too tall an order.

I was thinking more in terms of adding to the game vs. changing the game. Amiibo functionality is an add-on, but some of the things you suggested would be adding to the game would be major chnages that I think might be an awkward change to players. I don't think it's impossible, but I personally don't see it happening.

R_N

I was thinking more in terms of adding to the game vs. changing the game. Amiibo functionality is an add-on, but some of the things you suggested would be adding to the game would be major chnages that I think might be an awkward change to players. I don't think it's impossible, but I personally don't see it happening.

the grid is probably the most difficult thing

but the camera and animations wouldn't be

Skin tone wouldn't be difficult to add, per say, as it is difficult to work in. They could probably add a slider or w/e to the start up for new players, but you can't just say "a-and here's a tanning booth!"or have Isabelle go "so what color are you"
maybe a message at start up to allow you to change your appearance...

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Still working on my town project. I'm almost done growing hybrids for my upper left part of town. After that I will be trying to find a new path =) I'm also kind of looking forward to the update. I hate waiting months for a villager I like to camp in town DX it's been at least 2 since I've had a 10th villager )=

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Peck left me...;-;

I take a like three day break, and he moves away.
I even talked with him not long before he left, and he did not say anything about moving (nor did any other of my villagers).
He was not only my favorite villager in my town, but he was the last one from my original group. Yes, I still had a villager from the beginning. Had.
Sure, I have Pierce currently, who is quite similar (both Jock birdish villagers). But I will really miss Peck.
I put a totem pole where his house stood. I felt like that was appropriate for him.

...it is just like when Peanut left me all over again...
;-;

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Peck left me...;-;

I take a like three day break, and he moves away.
I even talked with him not long before he left, and he did not say anything about moving (nor did any other of my villagers).
He was not only my favorite villager in my town, but he was the last one from my original group. Yes, I still had a villager from the beginning. Had.
Sure, I have Pierce currently, who is quite similar (both Jock birdish villagers). But I will really miss Peck.
I put a totem pole where his house stood. I felt like that was appropriate for him.

...it is just like when Peanut left me all over again...
;-;
For me, it was Fang, Croque, and Wart Jr. Grumpy villagers were always my favorite. I miss Costeau as well, but I allowed him to leave in order to experience new characters. Puddles and Ankha left before I got to do much with them, which the latter was taken by R_N (he was playing the game at the time).

While I'm here, I want to ask something? If you get enough moved villagers that one gets cleared off the moved list, when the villager comes back, do they have any memory of you or the town?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
For me, it was Fang, Croque, and Wart Jr. Grumpy villagers were always my favorite. I miss Costeau as well, but I allowed him to leave in order to experience new characters. Puddles and Ankha left before I got to do much with them, which the latter was taken by R_N (he was playing the game at the time).

While I'm here, I want to ask something? If you get enough moved villagers that one gets cleared off the moved list, when the villager comes back, do they have any memory of you or the town?

I have Ankha still in my town. I do not really want her to leave.
As for your question, I would not be surprised if they do not. It would be nice if they did though.
That reminds me, I have yet to see a villager that has moved out in my campsite or move back in some way. I would love to have some that have left to come back to my town.

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
I only have two villagers left in my town that aren't dreamies, since my friend was able to give me Lucky! The two non dreamies are Zucker and Sly-- I love Sly so much though, he's weaseling his way onto my list. I do really love the little cameo croc, even though jock isn't one of my favorite personalities. <3 But Zucker I'm holding for a friend because he suddenly moved out on her. Overall though I'm proud of how things are going!
Also I finally got Cherry, my faaavorite villager ever (i've loved her since 2013) so hopefully she'll request more PWPs I don't have.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I finally finished growing my hybrids for my towns project only to discover there are more I want to grow DX other than that I need a new theme for the main room in my home which will take awhile because I want the bug and fish sets and I want to make new patterns for cloth.

ahh daisy left me and that was one of my saddest memories from ACNL....

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Well, New Leaf was my first game. Got into Animal Crossing way too late.
Got my copy on the first week of July. Play everyday at least once to clear the beach, and try to finish the fossil part of the museum. Need just 4 more.

Other than that, I just play it casually.
Not bothered with Neighbors but have kept around Beau, Boone, and Melba. They were the first bunch so a bit attached.

Phsy-Spark

your wish is my strong recommendation
I started playing this again after managing to drag myself away from Fire Emblem. Flurry tried to move, thankfully I stopped her. Close to playing of some of my loan too!

Do you know how hard it is to find two singular weeds.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm still hoping maybe someone out there has the full insect and fish furniture sets. I want them for my main room. So far nobody does on the ac community on facebook )= after that I will make some new patterns and then pretty much done with my town. Bangle also moved in so after about 2 months I finally have a tenth villager. Broccolo will be moving out soon though.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Well, New Leaf was my first game. Got into Animal Crossing way too late.
I got into it just as late as you did. It was also the month it came out when I got it, too.

ahh daisy left me and that was one of my saddest memories from ACNL....

I got upset when Pate left. I got over it eventually, but I can't remember how long it took for me too. Now I'm not even sad anymore because I made a house for Pate in Happy Home Designer.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
So Nibbles moved in yesterday.
A peppy squirrel? Where have I seen that before? Oh yeah... Peanut
I miss Peanut, so having the same animal with the same personality is nice for me.
Sure, Nibbles is blue and Peanut is pink, but they are quite similar. This might be acceptable for now as an at least temporary replacement.